Girard | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Girard

he was second in the EYBL two years ago behind his teammate Buddy Boeheim at like 47 percent.

What were Goodine, Guerrier and Carey in the EYBL???

What were Goodine, Guerrier and Carey in the EYBL???

Worse. And Guerrier was about 30% in the Adidas league. Not sure why people thought he could shoot. Free throw shooting is a fairly good predictor of shooting and Carey\Guerreir are bad at that.

I think Goodine will be fine eventually. It’s his dribbling and finishing that seems to be problematic.

I think he was 4-20/0-10 against St. John's when they beat us the week before they lost to whatever an Incarnate Word is. His was a tale of two seasons.

I lost 2 months salary in that Incarnate Word game.

Worse. And Guerrier was about 30% in the Adidas league. Not sure why people thought he could shoot. Free throw shooting is a fairly good predictor of shooting and Carey\Guerreir are bad at that.

I think Goodine will be fine eventually. It’s his dribbling and finishing that seems to be problematic.

I looked up the numbers as "worse" was a bit vague. Anyway, I see now why you keep going with FT% and only give JGIII's stats from 2 years ago and not last year. ;)

I looked up the numbers as "worse" was a bit vague. Anyway, I see now why you keep going with FT% and only give JGIII's stats from 2 years ago and not last year. ;)

Sure. Whatever you say buddy.

Lydon, Deshaun, Triche, etc...lots of people getting it done!!

Tyus 37%
Devo 38%
(If we're rounding up)

Mali is/was the best Frosh performer in just conference games, in the most attempts too.

Yeah well if we are going to use your logic with Mali then you may as well include Buddy in there.

Sure. Whatever you say buddy.

What? Goodine out-shot Girard from three last season, and Carey shot about the same as JGIII did two years ago. Is none of that true?

What? Goodine out-shot Girard from three last season, and Carey shot about the same as JGIII did two years ago. Is none of that true?

Sure. I said whatever you say. Most people who follow basketball would say free throw shooting is a good predictor of long term shooting. Millhouse has done it a million times on here. If you want to get into one of your diatribes about this have at it.

Yeah well if we are going to use your logic with Mali then you may as well include Buddy in there.

Include Buddy as the best? Okay - I don't think he was though.

I think he was second, Lydon was maybe third???

Include Buddy as the best? Okay - I don't think he was though.

I think he was second, Lydon was maybe third???

You posted Mali shot 40% in conference play. He was 44 of 106 in ACC play. Buddy was 33-81 in ACC play. I don't really care about this argument, but people said who shot 40%. Lydon/Deshaun/Triche is the answer then people moved the goalposts to include conference play.

Sure. I said whatever you say. Most people who follow basketball would say free throw shooting is a good predictor of long term shooting. Millhouse has done it a million times on here. If you want to get into one of your diatribes about this have at it.

I accused you of vagueness. Nothing else. Settle down a bit! :) I don't think Guerrier, Carey or Goodine are elite shooters, not sure JGIII is either, which I believe is where the thread started, but the FT bit is encouraging.

You posted Mali shot 40% in conference play. He was 44 of 106 in ACC play. Buddy was 33-81 in ACC play. I don't really care about this argument, but people said who shot 40%. Lydon/Deshaun/Triche is the answer then people moved the goalposts to include conference play.

Are you okay? I listed the people above 38% in all games. I think that was the question as asked. Then noted Mali was the highest percentage in conference games only. I think Buddy was second, and if I recall correctly Lydon was third. It's okay!

I accused you of vagueness. Nothing else. Settle down a bit! :) I don't think Guerrier, Carey or Goodine are elite shooters, not sure JGIII is either, which I believe is where the thread started, but the FT bit is encouraging.

How do you think a 6'0", average athlete (above by HS standards), went about scoring 50 per game in HS, and 4700+ career points? He wasn't drop-stepping and dunking.

He's an elite shooter. Don't overthink these things.

Last edited:
JG3 is most definitely an elite shooter as Coach K has seen plenty of shooters in his day. This was an article from a Duke newspaper after they offered him...

******Duke became the latest school to offer the 6-foot-1 Class of 2019 combo guard from Glens Falls (N.Y.) High school during his visit on Wednesday.

“[Coach K] likes my toughness, leadership and he said I’m the best shooter in the country,” Girard told ZAGSBLOG.******

How do you think a 6'0", average athlete (above by HS standards), went about scoring 50 per game in HS, and 4700+ career points? He wasn't drop-stepping and dunking.

He's an elite shooter. Don't overthink these things.

I don't know. Why isn't he in the NBA next year with those numbers? 4,700 points!

I'm not sure I go as bananas about HS, etc...numbers as some as I don't really know the level of competition they're facing. I see videos where everyone hits 100% of their shots and blocks every shot and then All-Star games where they don't score 50 PPG and seem unable to block every single shot.

I don't know what we're terming as an elite shooter I suppose ---- which I thought was where the thread started. If he finishes at 35% for his career is he elite?

I'm not sure I care either way tbh...he's a solid player, definitely going to be a great piece to the puzzle if we can add some more - and certainly dangerous from three. Good enough for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom