Give JB one more year. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Give JB one more year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
2005 we were top 25 all year.
Hak, Pace, Forth Senior year. That team had Final Four hype. Played good not great.
Won the BE tournament and then stumbled against Vermont.
2006 the Big East stacked. UConn and Nova were 1 and 2 in the country. We lost Hak who was first team all-American. Fans weren’t pissed about that season and then GMac had the BET of all time. Team got overseeded and lost to a good Texas A&M team.
2007 team played hard. Nichols was really good. Team got better as the season went on. We were screwed by the committee.
2008 we had the best freshman class in a long time. Team was young but fun to watch.
Team again was a bubble team but was young.

None of these teams failures were on the HC. I wouldn’t complain about JB from then.

He has gotten more stubborn and let the offense fall big time from those teams.

JB also wasn’t 73 then. He was 60-63 those years that is a big difference.

Why do you keep trying to attach age to it? Calipari is like 20 years younger, has 10X the talent and has the same record. What’s his excuse?

Why do you keep trying to attach age to it? Calipari is like 20 years younger, has 10X the talent and has the same record. What’s his excuse?

He's not a very good in-game coach. Greater recruiter though (bags of money...)

Being objective and questioning the coaching is not being a bad fan. In fact its the opposite and being a realist. I, myself, have less respect for fans who watch with orange tinted glasses and are the mindset of everything is okay, we'll be fine. (I am not saying this is you, I don't know you)

Or...the fans that have been around long enough to have some perspective. For example, when I was a kid, syracuse was 17-14 and didn’t make the tournament.

I swear to god I don’t care what you think. Keep responding to my posts it’s fine.
I have been fair to this year’s team. Wanting a better offense is complaining?
I have praised this year’s team.

You want JB for life fine. I don’t.

No...all you do is complain about Boehiem. Morning, noon and night. Even after wins. you have a clear agenda. Get a grip.

He's not a very good in-game coach. Greater recruiter though (bags of money...)

He’s actually a great coach. He took Umass and Memphis to FF and title games. Thank you for making my point Vermy! :)

Or...the fans that have been around long enough to have some perspective. For example, when I was a kid, syracuse was 17-14 and didn’t make the tournament.
Wrong
Syracuse Orange Basketball Season Records

We never finished 17-14.

Since 1970 Syracuse basketball has been a good Northeast program.

JB is a HOFer but all good things come to an end.
These past 4 years are our worst stretch since 1967-1970.
We had probation in 1993 as well.
Lost scholarships during that penalty and had recruiting restrictions for 2 years.

Wrong

We never finished 17-14.

Lost scholarships during that penalty and had recruiting restrictions for 2 years.

You’re right. We were 16-13. 81-82. Could you be a bigger spoiled >. Get over yourself. Were you even alive then?

We were in the FF just a couple years ago with a crap team. Do you think JB forgot how to coach?

No...all you do is complain about Boehiem. Morning, noon and night. Even after wins. you have a clear agenda. Get a grip.
Wrong I just don’t worship the guy.
He isn’t bigger than the program.
He has done a lot of good. His roster management has been awful, he slacked on recruiting till the past summer( which if you were paying attention I gave him credit for his engagement). His replacement was forced out in a power struggle.

JB is is a HOF coach but he can be questioned and what he has done recently has me wanting change.

Wrong I just don’t worship the guy.
He isn’t bigger than the program.
He has done a lot of good. His roster management has been awful, he slacked on recruiting till the past summer( which if you were paying attention I gave him credit for his engagement). His replacement was forced out in a power struggle.

JB is is a HOF coach but he can be questioned and what he has done recently has me wanting change.

But currently 84 year old JB has the same record as Calipari, whom has Top 10 talent? you may want to start worshipping Boehiem. :)

Wrong

We never finished 17-14.

Not a fair statement. We caught an unbelievable break. We recruited Moten who no one really wanted. Jim O'Brien was the B.C. coach and was really surprised when he heard we offered Moten a ship. And he turned out to be not good, but great, right out of the box. And Wallace was from Rochester and stuck by us. We were going to be much worse off than we are today. And anyone alive from back then knows that. We still dropped back a notch but not like it could have been.

You’re right. We were 16-13. 81-82. Could you be a bigger spoiled >. Get over yourself. Were you even alive then?

We were in the FF just a couple years ago with a crap team. Do you think JB forgot how to coach?
If you weren’t riding all my posts I wouldn’t have done that.
As annoying as I am to you the reverse you are to me.

So if you are going to say it make sure it’s right as you try to correct everything I say.

Yeah I have said JB has forgotten how to coach you got me. Being sick of the same crap and having the same problems is frustrating.

The 2016 Final Four isn’t a pass. It was notch in the guy’s HOF career.

But currently 84 year old JB has the same record as Calipari, whom has Top 10 talent? you may want to start worshipping Boehiem. :)
Is Kentucky in the tournament right now?
Yes and they are safely in.

You citing the record is so dumb. It’s irrelevant. We have played a soft ACC schedule thus far. Wow we have the same record OMG.

We don’t still have the meat of our schedule left. Whoopie we have the same record as Calipari so JB is off the hook.

If you weren’t riding all my posts I wouldn’t have done that.
As annoying as I am to you the reverse you are to me.

So if you are going to say it make sure it’s right as you try to correct everything I say.

Yeah I have said JB has forgotten how to coach you got me. Being sick of the same crap and having the same problems is frustrating.

The 2016 Final Four isn’t a pass. It was notch in the guy’s HOF career.

Well, but picking nits, you proved a couple of things.

You have no clue what it WAS like and you have NO perspective. You’re spoiled by the success JB created.

Who are you to decide when it’s time for JB to quit? You’re another spoiled kid with no clue hoe tough it is to win, and you have to have a scapegoat, regardless of the factors that effect the reality.

JB took a mediocre team to the FF just a couple years ago. But it was all luck, right? When was the last time The great Bill Self took loaded Kansas to the FF?

Not a fair statement. We caught an unbelievable break. We recruited Moten who no one really wanted. Jim O'Brien was the B.C. coach and was really surprised when he heard we offered Moten a ship. And he turned out to be not good, but great, right out of the box. And Wallace was from Rochester and stuck by us. We were going to be much worse off than we are today. And anyone alive from back then knows that. We still dropped back a notch but not like it could have been.
Today Moten and Wallace leave early and we have a crap season or two in 1995 and 96 but I think JB was good enough to right the ship.

We got that Richardson, Lydon, Howard class in the pipes before sanctions hit. Them leaving is today’s game and JB should have been better prepared for it. Roster mismanagement has been one of his biggest problems.

Today Moten and Wallace leave early and we have a crap season or two in 1995 and 96 but I think JB was good enough to right the ship.

We got that Richardson, Lydon, Howard class in the pipes before sanctions hit. Them leaving is today’s game and JB should have been better prepared for it. Roster mismanagement has been one of his biggest problems.
I don't think Moten ever leaves. He thought about it but really, there wasn't a lot of interest despite his success. Wallace put his name in the draft and pulled out late. Thank God. He would have left early in today's hoop for sure.

You have no clue what it WAS like and you have NO perspective. You’re spoiled by the success JB created.

Who are you to decide when it’s time for JB to quit? You’re another spoiled kid with no clue hoe tough it is to win, and you have to have a scapegoat, regardless of the factors that effect the reality.

JB took a mediocre team to the FF just a couple years ago. But it was all luck, right? When was the last time The great Bill Self took loaded Kansas to the FF?
So we shouldn't have high expectations anymore? I cannot stand the we are spoiled argument. If we want to be a higher tier program, we need to have high expectations.

Spoiled kid = Patriots fandom the last 18 years.
Being a Syracuse fan isn’t being a spoiled kid. We have been good and medicore.
Wanting change doesn’t make a fan spoiled.
You sound like a Penn State fan justifing Joe Pa continuing on till the scandal.

So we shouldn't have high expectations anymore?

No, you should have realistic expectations, based on recruiting and players leaving early for the NBA. which includes 4 years of sanctions. Are you aware Syracuse had significant sanctions, or do you pretend that didn’t happen too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom