Give JB one more year. | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Give JB one more year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.
You can’t kill the kid publicly he isn’t a pro and the reason he had no else was JB’s fault.
Etan Thomas killed JB for those comments.
The fact you defend JB from the Roberson comments just shows the guy can do no wrong.

Why? Roberson sucked. the bed. Is that JB’s fault?

Who do you think is leaving, aside from Battle?

Strong possibility Marek takes his game back to Europe. I won't be surprised when Oshae declares. Nor will I be surprised if Matt Moyer announces a transfer. All of these are possible.

If we can’t win 25 games next year it’s time to go in a new direction. That was pathetic tonight.

I understand your frustration. Plenty of reasons for the disappointing results lately. But if FH is manning the point next year then I don't see 25 wins in the cards no matter how good the recruits turn out to be.

B328BB40-C31E-4689-9FA4-C335C69F32BE.jpeg
Strong possibility Marek takes his game back to Europe. I won't be surprised when Oshae declares. Nor will I be surprised if Matt Moyer announces a transfer. All of these are possible.

Based on what? Comical.

This is like a Royal Rumble final four of The Rock, Steve Austin, Triple H and Undertaker circa 1998.

This is like that time you added something important to a discussion. :)

I understand your frustration. Plenty of reasons for the disappointing results lately. But if FH is manning the point next year then I don't see 25 wins in the cards no matter how good the recruits turn out to be.

I don’t agree. I know people don’t like Howard, but if we get the same production from him as this year plus more efficient production at every other position we will win a lot more games.

All of it. :)

I'll start with the easy one - Oshae. Players can announce, attend tryouts, etc, without signing with an agent. Lots of kids with pro futures do this the year before they actually want to come out so they can be evaluated by pro scouts and learn what they need to do in order to boost their draft potential. That's simple enough for you to still follow. Here's where it could get tricky. What happens if he shows really well in the tryouts and gets told he may go top 15? He gone. Do I expect that, not really. But it's possible.

Next is Marek. He's from Europe, he's had success over there (FIBA), and I think he has to realize his game isn't suited for the NBA. So, he could stay here, have to take classes, and live under JBs rule, or he could go back to Europe and live somewhere awesome (hi Spain!) and get paid to play basketball for a living. And maybe even in a place where his first language is the spoken language.

Moyer, that's just a guess. I'm hoping that whatever transpired this past weekend can be resolved, because we do need bench players, and he fills that role nicely and with energy. But he also sees better players coming in next year who may reduce his playing time further.

I haven't heard one word in the media about Marek leaving early. Have you? I would be very surprised if OB left. Not a bad idea to test the waters and get professional input. But I think he will come back because I don't think there is any way he goes in the first round. Moyer seems to love Syracuse. But he is one that I might be surprised if he finishes his career with the Orange. For a few reasons.

Who recruited him to school?

If it's all the players, why are we paying Boeheim so much? And why do you care if he leaves? doesnt matter who the coach is. Its the players

JB did. As did Bill Self at Kansas and John Calipari at Kentucky. Why are they being paid so much? Same level of success.

I'll start with the easy one - Oshae. Players can announce, attend tryouts, etc, without signing with an agent. Lots of kids with pro futures do this the year before they actually want to come out so they can be evaluated by pro scouts and learn what they need to do in order to boost their draft potential. That's simple enough for you to still follow. Here's where it could get tricky. What happens if he shows really well in the tryouts and gets told he may go top 15? He gone. Do I expect that, not really. But it's possible.

Next is Marek. He's from Europe, he's had success over there (FIBA), and I think he has to realize his game isn't suited for the NBA. So, he could stay here, have to take classes, and live under JBs rule, or he could go back to Europe and live somewhere awesome (hi Spain!) and get paid to play basketball for a living. And maybe even in a place where his first language is the spoken language.

Moyer, that's just a guess. I'm hoping that whatever transpired this past weekend can be resolved, because we do need bench players, and he fills that role nicely and with energy. But he also sees better players coming in next year who may reduce his playing time further.

So...you’re just guessing. Thx! Comical.

To a discussion about JB stepping down/playing less zone? Yep. Lots of new ground to be broken there.

you’ve added nothing to every post. Good job! Lmao. But keep them quips comin! You funny! Err...

So...you’re just guessing. Thx! Comical.

Ask around, you'll find out this is fairly close to many other folk's thought process.

But thanks for not adding anything other than JB adulation.

Honestly I don't see any way Oshae leaves after this year. And Marek leaving I feel like is a construct of this board. Moyer bleeds orange. They'll have to drag him off the court in 2021.

Honestly I don't see any way Oshae leaves after this year. And Marek leaving I feel like is a construct of this board. Moyer bleeds orange. They'll have to drag him off the court in 2021.

Thanks Billy! You’ve accidentally added to this one!

Ask around, you'll find out this is fairly close to many other folk's thought process.

But thanks for not adding anything other than JB adulation.

Who would I ask? Yout buddy Ballsacs? Or your buddy 2-3 zone? Maybe your buddy VFan...oh wait...Thx Vermy!

I haven't heard one word in the media about Marek leaving early. Have you? I would be very surprised if OB left. Not a bad idea to test the waters and get professional input. But I think he will come back because I don't think there is any way he goes in the first round. Moyer seems to love Syracuse. But he is one that I might be surprised if he finishes his career with the Orange. For a few reasons.

In terms of Marek, not in the media. Rumor and innuendo. You know how that goes. But I'd do it in a heartbeat if it was me.

I concur with you about OB. I hope he gets what he needs out of the combines/testing the waters and comes back.

And I've heard some of the things you've heard about Moyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom