Give us your top 5 realistic next HC | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Give us your top 5 realistic next HC

I know Iv been pounding the Dan Mullen wagon since the teams implosion after a 6-0 start last year. If we don’t get him though, I am all on the Bob Chesney train.

You need a guy that has head coaching experience and has built programs up from nothing. If you’re not willing to throw money at Mullen for his offense and staff (addazio) then you mind as well go cheap and hire someone with extreme potential. Yes you may miss, but look where we are currently. Is a 3-4 year tryout for a guy that has done excellent in building programs in the North East such a terrible choice? We can’t get much worse than where we are right now. I highly doubt a 3 year try out is going to make it any worse. The guy could be the next tresses or lance leopold. Build the program from the bottom. Give it a strong base. Not just another assistant coach that will peace out at the first sign of success. Let’s build this thing from the bottom up. I truly believe he is a guy that would do that. Maybe he does leave in a couple years. But build that base that will set us up for future success.

So, you’re saying Chesney is all about that base?

all about that bass GIF

Again, getting a coach that gets fans excited shouldn’t even be part of the coaching search. Fans will get excited when a new coach wins. A coach with a name gets you half a season of attendance. Long term it’s meaningless. A coach that can move the program forward, that’ll get fans in seats for more than a few games.

Maybe out of left field but Barry Odom? Had modest success at Missouri. Excellent DC and turned around UNLV (a putrid program) in his first season.
Odom is pure Middle America - born and raised in OK, played for Missouri. Wife is MO native. Odom has never coached in EST, much less in or around the ACC. Other than those things, he is well worth looking at if he has shown interest.

I understand it is the MW conference but Craig Boel always gets the most of his teams, Wyoming should have beat Texas, guy has won National Titles, I would much rather go with somebody like him then an FCS coach.

The Scott shafer playbook.

Wildhack would show zero courage w that pick. It would be on brand as he kept hoops in family (smartly because of the success), he kept lax in house and will want someone he’s comfortable w in house for football

Football needs completely new set of eyes

If Mullin comes hope he has energy to rebuild

If it’s someone else I want no Syracuse pedigree at this point unless Marrone came in w ideas from his 09-12 era which seemed to work longer he went on
Huh? Tony is one of the best recruiters in the biz. A dynamic game day organizer and coach. And the players LOVE him and would run through walls. Screw trying to find some offensive genius…that was Dino

My only two wishes for next years coach is
A. Not Dino
B. John W didn’t make the hire

Huh? Tony is one of the best recruiters in the biz. A dynamic game day organizer and coach. And the players LOVE him and would run through walls. Screw trying to find some offensive genius…that was Dino
We have no playmakers on either side of the ball. Can’t say he is a great recruiter

Red has created enthusiasm in a dead program. And has a stacked team

And we will see if he can coach. A losing season and he will lose all that. That is why I said he hasn't made anything yet.

And we will see if he can coach. A losing season and he will lose all that. That is why I said he hasn't made anything yet.

He can recruit - and he has financial support. Those alone are huge wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom