Give us your top 5 realistic next HC | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Give us your top 5 realistic next HC

He had a good portal off season, that’s way better than a ham sandwich.
Yay, a good portal off season!!

We think. Maybe.

The new gold standard.

When you claim that I said "Red wouldn't make it" you are in fact claiming Red did make it.
I said Red created enthusiasm in a dead program and has a stacked team. I have no idea what you’re talking about. The Red wouldn’t make it stuff was about him being the head coach call…

Yay, a good portal off season!!

We think. Maybe.

The new gold standard.
Why you mad at Red? He is not Dino. He had two tasks when hired, the portal and keep the team intact. He accomplished both. That’s 2 wins. Nobody said anything about gold standard or HOF, but he has done all you could ask for so far.

I understand it is the MW conference but Craig Boel always gets the most of his teams, Wyoming should have beat Texas, guy has won National Titles, I would much rather go with somebody like him then an FCS coach.
I know him from his NDSU days. Great person.

I’m not mad at Red. But the road is already littered with the carcasses of coaches who thought they “had a good portal off season.”

At this point I prefer belief with evidence.

Blame Dino.

Syracuse keeps doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results. Hire Robinson because of NFL ties, but no connections to Northeast. Hired Marrone which showed promise. But he was also an NFL guy, who didn’t realize how much he would hate the college game and recruiting. Not to mention the lack of facility promises. Then he was offered an NFL head coaching job. So we settle for Shafer. A lifelong coordinator. Again, no head coaching experience. So then we hire Babers who didn’t stay at jobs for more than 2 years. His offense was something that we loved, but he never had to sustain success at a school, he would always be successful with the prior coaches players and then jump ship. Never having to sustain success with recruiting.

We need to start from the ground. This job needs an experienced head coach that has built a program in the northeast before.

This program is not ready for another first time head coach or a coach that jumps program to program.

We need someone that is familiar with the disadvantages that the north east presents. We need someone that has relationships in this area. Someone who can hit Jersey, Pennsylvania, DC hard. Someone who has faced challenges building a program from nothing into something.

Once that guy has come and put in the work. Maybe he will leave, but then we can hire someone to take over and keep the train rolling. I just believe this job is too much for a brand new coach right now, we need more.

Let’s go full conspiracy theory here… maybe that’s why Sean Lewis is not calling the offense anymore is because he’s already been contacted about the possibility of coming to Cuse for HC and Colorado is getting ready now to fill that gap? Is this what Cuse football has done to me now that I’m that bananas to try and piece that together? Help me

We have no playmakers on either side of the ball. Can’t say he is a great recruiter

We do, or did, but they’ve regressed, most noticeably at the LB spot that White also coached.

This team has more than enough talent to beat teams in the ACC. VT and BC did not out talent us. Heck, Clemson, I don’t think out talented us.

We need some upgrades for sure, but we have a great baseline for a new staff to work with.

Jim Mora has done an impressive job a UCONN. Very impressive given where he started and what he has to work with. What's more, he would probably be interested. Worth a look.

UConn is 1- and whatever and about to get smashed by Tennessee.

I go back and forth on this but Im leaning toward hiring a guy with ACC or Southeast history. Id still like to see Malzhan get a call.

Someone who can recruit southern talent to come north and play inside.

I think Id rather go south with the head coach and maintain a northeast presence with some of the staff. keep campinale for starters.

Find a spot for Elijah Robinson. DCoordiantor.

Let’s go full conspiracy theory here… maybe that’s why Sean Lewis is not calling the offense anymore is because he’s already been contacted about the possibility of coming to Cuse for HC and Colorado is getting ready now to fill that gap? Is this what Cuse football has done to me now that I’m that bananas to try and piece that together? Help me
Never go full CousCuse.

If it's Tony White, does he retain any of the staff and who? I think Rocky would be retained if he wanted it, but this season had to weigh on him. Wonder if he says thanks but no thanks and retires.

If it's Tony White, does he retain any of the staff and who? I think Rocky would be retained if he wanted it, but this season had to weigh on him. Wonder if he says thanks but no thanks and retires.
Long likely retires. He didn't come out to Syracuse to be involved in coaching turnover.

He's been demoted because he has not adapted as the season has gone on.

What is the obsession with coaches who used to work at su now people want them as HC? All this is just depressing! 20 plus years of crap football is just depressing but just we hold on.. sorry just ranting and tired of never having anything good for football.. other then that life is AWESOME

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom