Glad Symir Sat On The Bench All Season | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Glad Symir Sat On The Bench All Season

Yep. Joe 20-25 and SY the rest. It’s not hard. JB gave us this mess
Early in the season, Sy was struggling and adjusting. He then was injured twice and missed games and practice time.

Team plays two awesome games and you snark on JB. Give it break!
Guess there is no chance that the work the coaching staff did with him all season helped him improve from a kid who couldn’t come close to finishing at the rim or making a free throw into what we saw in Brooklyn. Take a look at Sy’s game log when he played double digit minutes early in the year and get back to me.
Can’t win with some of these trolls. Either a player doesn’t develop and staff is incompetent judges of talent and wasted a scholarship, or they do develop and staff is blind and stubborn for not playing him 40 minutes from Day 1.

He deserved to play more this year. I don’t think it’s the same as Edwards, though.
Another guy who the experts year decried as a reach and not worthy of a P5 scholarship that our incompetent staff settled for. Then when he develops into a potential all-ACC player the staff is stubborn for not playing him more early when he could barely lace up his Nikes.

Another guy who the experts year decried as a reach and not worthy of a P5 scholarship that our incompetent staff settled for. Then when he develops into a potential all-ACC player the staff is stubborn for not playing him more early when he could barely lace up his Nikes.
Who are these experts?

I remember. A LOT of people loving Jeese’s potential his freshman year?

Please name these experts?
Don’t lump me in.

I saw it in Jesse’s 5th game his freshman year.

Jesse should have played more last year but it would have required sitting the annointed rotation pre-determined and we don’t do that until the postseason.

Yes, most of the pundits who are now saying Sy should have started from day 1 were saying he was only on the team because he was friends with Buddy.

we are a tournament team if symir starts from day 1, and jesse doesnt get hurt. this season is 100% on coach. i said early on symir has got to play, you can win with a pg who cant shoot, see our 96 team. brutal year from jb.
What were Symir’s stats in the games where he played double digit minutes through January?
He played, he did not perform, coaches worked with him and he excelled in Brooklyn.

Who are these experts?

Don’t lump me in.

Jesse should have played more last year but it would have required sitting the annointed rotation pre-determined and we don’t do that until the postseason.
Jesse didn't return from Europe until the season started last year because of lockdowns. And then there were 2 covid pauses and the team couldn't practice practice together.

He was very good today but I think his future is a 20 mpg guy who spells the starters. He was excellent today.
Unless he spends the entire summer in the gym with Devo and GMac and re-engineers his shot. Get to a Frank Howard level as a shooter and he gets full starter minutes.

Jesse didn't return from Europe until the season started last year because of lockdowns. And then there were 2 covid pauses and the team couldn't practice practice together.
Hey Cous Jesse played well against Miami last January he helped turn that game around. He played 23 minutes total in the next 7 games.
The HC CHOOSE to keep him on ice.
Just like he chose to play Symir 5 minutes total against Georgetown and other games he could have made a difference.

Jim Boeheim has done a poor job managing the roster the last 2 years.

He was deer in headlights at the beginning of the season. Most people on the board trashed him.
You just make chit up and spin.

Torrence wasn’t getting minutes.
Hell we had a moderator mocking his FT shooting when he had only taken 13 FTs.

The CYO era is over.
Hopefully we do things like we did when we had better talent on the roster.

Yes, most of the pundits who are now saying Sy should have started from day 1 were saying he was only on the team because he was friends with Buddy.
No actually they were saying he was on the team because he accepted he would be the 3rd guard playing few minutes because we had 2 guards in front of him who had tenure.

But spin more.

Benny certainly didn’t do anything to get himself on the court.

I will not be convinced that all the forwards from last year just magically transferred and that they didn’t know that Jimmy would come here and play too much, though. They saw Buddy playing too much, and knew Jimmy would too. That’s my take.
Timeline of the transfers and Jimmy’s decision, along with what true insiders knew about Jimmy’s status don’t support your take at all.

Timeline of the transfers and Jimmy’s decision, along with what true insiders knew about Jimmy’s status don’t support your take at all.
Lol nobody has said what happened with Alan Griffen.
Quincy left because he was sick of JB.

The fact Braswell had a clear role on the team this year and chose to leave gives creidence to his take.
Braswell didn’t want to be here because 4th forwards have to sit.

Who are these experts?

Don’t lump me in.

Not lumping you in and not naming names, you can read the first three pages of this thread yourself.

And potential only transforms into performance with development i.e. coaching. So a balanced take giving credit where credit is due would play better IMHO.

Still waiting for ALL THE HATERS of JB. Who were ripping Jesse his freshman year.
Sorry I don’t hang on your every word, but go ahead and peruse the thread I linked since you apparently are incapable of finding it yourself.

Still waiting for ALL THE HATERS of JB. Who were ripping Jesse his freshman year.
Jesse was a spindly sapling when he came in from Amsterdam and he never played high level American basketball. He would have been destroyed by ACC centers.

Symir played great and it was his best game of the season but why do you assume he would have played great all season? At times he has looked lost out there and it takes a while to learn new teammates and a new system. In his 52 games ar Marquette he averaged 1.6 assists per game. You can't look at one game and and make a smug comment and say "SEE, the coach doesn't know what he's doing!" I assume you think Jimmy Boeheim should have taken 10+ 3s every game because he's a 67% shooters on 3s because that's what he did today.

I'm glad he's on Cuse even though I wish Richmond has stayed but you can't assume he's the answer to Cuse's PG woes based upon 1 game.
Dont you see a pattern.
Jesse wasn't ready. He gets thrust into games last year and suddenly he is playing great.

Symir isnt ready. Suddenly he has to play and its a miracle hes ready

Kadary is lazy not in shape yet when he had to play it was lights out

Joes a 1 not a 2 oh well looks like hes a decent off Guard after all...

Coincidence..

Dont you see a pattern.
Jesse wasn't ready. He gets thrust into games last year and suddenly he is playing great.

Symir isnt ready. Suddenly he has to play and its a miracle hes ready

Kadary is lazy not in shape yet when he had to play it was lights out

Joes a 1 not a 2 oh well looks like hes a decent off Guard after all...

Coincidence..

Tiresome. You notice that kids sorta get better as the season goes on and they figure out what they're doing?

People make KR out to be Magic Johnson. Dude clocked 26 minutes last night. Still cannot shoot.

Tiresome. You notice that kids sorta get better as the season goes on and they figure out what they're doing?

People make KR out to be Magic Johnson. Dude clocked 26 minutes last night. Still cannot shoot.
Disappointing season for him for sure. He underachieved based on what he did last year. I still think he produces better for JB than he did for Willard. Seton Hall’s offense fell apart at the end of the season.

No. What i realize having played is that without actual game experience, not mop up time but real minutes very few players improve. The fact that as the kids played more minutes without having to look over their shoulder every time, they made a mistake miraculously they played better. Players need to get into a rhythm. It takes a good 2 to 3 minutes of actual game time to get into the flow. So, what i see has nothing to do with later in the season. It has to do with game time and specifically game time without being tight and having to worry about coming out. Symir and Benny all made significant strides when they knew that they were going to get a solid run. I also see that kids do better when they are playing their natural position, Like Joe at the 2. Bottom line is that Sy should have gotten more minutes during the season, Joe less and Buddy less unless Buddy moved down to the three.

Disappointing season for him for sure. He underachieved based on what he did last year. I still think he produces better for JB than he did for Willard. Seton Hall’s offense fell apart at the end of the season.

His stat line just screams the same as last season. I agree that JB would likely have him in a better position to succeed.

Candidly he's an odd guy to watch at both schools, generally expressionless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom