GMac Promoted to Associate Head Coach | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

GMac Promoted to Associate Head Coach

i could be way off, but $400 to $500k??

Cuse assistants must get paid well enough for Allen Griffin to be driving around in a Lambo, unless it was borrowed from his good friend.

No downside and I am interested in seeing what all these guys can now do together. Congrats to him.

Excellent. It means he’s here next year. If there is a massive turnaround next year, he’ll be a hot commodity. He’s hard to sell to a fan base or administration right now.

He’s also got much more experience than AG…so Allen would understand.

Next up. Stud recruiter for the final road spot.

Then add a bench coach after the FF is over.

Jake, what was your read of JB's pointed comments during last Friday's presser about Autry not needing a bench coach?

Jake, what was your read of JB's pointed comments during last Friday's presser about Autry not needing a bench coach?
His opinion. Don’t think it’s shared. But I wouldn’t be surprised if Wildhack gives a year on his own before “advising” a bench coach be added.

Hop’s plan was too add a bench coach…don’t think it was solely his.

His opinion. Don’t think it’s shared. But I wouldn’t be surprised if Wildhack gives a year on his own before “advising” a bench coach be added.

Hop’s plan was too add a bench coach…don’t think it was solely his.

Thx.

18AB7C04-4448-41CE-94ED-21B8706FFC22.jpeg

Gerry is kinda putting his faith in Autry. Seems like a good bet, that SU can regain its luster and standing, which would put Gmac in a better position for better HC jobs than he might be offered while we're at our lowpoint.

Assistant men's basketball coach Gerry McNamara '06 has been promoted to associate head coach at his alma mater, according to the Syracuse University Athletics Department.

"I am pleased Gerry will remain on our staff," said Syracuse Director of Athletics John Wildhack. "He's earned this well-deserved promotion to Associate Head Coach. Gerry is an excellent recruiter and has done tremendous work developing our guards. I'm thrilled he will continue to grow his career at Syracuse."

COACH AUTRY ON McNAMARA

"Our program is fortunate to be able to have a quality coach like Gerry McNamara," said Autry. "He has symbolized the uniqueness of our program as a player and as an assistant coach. I am grateful to have him remain on our staff."

COACH McNAMARA

"I appreciate the chance to continue to coach at Syracuse University and help Coach Autry build on the program's history of success," said McNamara. "The community has meant the world to my family and I over the years. I know as a staff we are eager to hit the ground running and get right to work."

FrRZLNRXsAEPoZJ

Great news for Gerry and the Cuse. The Orange family remains strong!

Cuse!

If this team works out Gerry leaves, if it’s a disaster, nobody on staff is getting job. This isn’t positioning GMAC as the next coach. It’s rewarding him and promoting him to where he should be.

Both these guys hate losing and with the energy they can bring and determination the odds I think lean towards being successful than not. Now coaching is much more than that.. effort and determination aren't x's and o's. That said I'm bullish on how this is trending.

I don't get this Gerry being a shoe-in for head coaching jobs, even smallish ones. Mid-majors and low mid-majors usually pluck coaches from successful P5s, which SYR is not right now. I think the only schools that would take a chance on him are D2, D3 JUCO or even high school jobs in Pennsylvania or Syracuse where he is a popular figure. Now if SYR returns to the national stage under AA, I believe Gerry does become a candidate for a mid-major or low mid-major.

Sometimes it is better where you already are...Young kids, wife, they all love Syracuse. Quality of life, and he does quite well at SU. More money at Iona may be equal in cost of living to Associate Head Coach at SU.

Cuse assistants must get paid well enough for Allen Griffin to be driving around in a Lambo, unless it was borrowed from his good friend.
JB himself was always generous to his assistants. Years ago I heard that he gave the proceeds from his summer camps etc to his assistants. I don’t think they have any issues about compensation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom