Gmac | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Gmac

There were Plan B's, such as the kid from Oak Hill - who was mysteriously turned away right before his visit. If that was done as a result of Quade worrying about his spot, then we should have made Quade sign, or have kept the visit.

This stuff isn't that hard, folks.
Things become harder than they need to be when you're 73. Ever have a grandparent ask how to use copy and paste on a desktop?

This might strike you as news, but none of us know who is at the top of JB's board.

When you only have a handful of offers out there, those people are the top of your board, by definition. We had 8 open offers for the class of 17 for about a year. Those offers are the "top of our board". If anybody else had an offer, it would be on Twitter or other social media, or it would be reported by the recruiting people who are out there at the AAU games interviewing these kids.

How do you know who out top targets are? Who you wanted? We have no idea what the Syracuse board looks like.

You mean we don't prioritize guys using the ESPN top 100 rankings?

You mean we don't prioritize guys using the ESPN top 100 rankings?
The recruit Dasher has mentioned is consensus top 50 in all the services so screw the ESPN issue.

When you only have a handful of offers out there, those people are the top of your board, by definition. We had 8 open offers for the class of 17 for about a year. Those offers are the "top of our board". If anybody else had an offer, it would be on Twitter or other social media, or it would be reported by the recruiting people who are out there at the AAU games interviewing these kids.
You said that we have missed out on or our top targets of 2018 have already moved on. That isn't true. Out top 3 guys are still out there. It is a very open question how we will do with them.

The recruit Dasher has mentioned is consensus top 50 in all the services so screw the ESPN issue.
I think he was referring to a different post.

I'm worried about our existing connections with NE AAU coaches. These guys know what goes on behind the scenes. Some might have soured on SU. Red, Allen, and Gerry will have their work cut out for them.
I love Griffin, but I wish we went with a recruiter with strong ties to our target areas. I know he has connections, but I mean a really connected guy.

This pretty much sums it up. Q Green gave us all indications that he wasn't coming here...because he kept saying he was but wouldnt say it publicly. Someone on our staff with a stubborn personality refused to put plan B into action until it was waaaay too late.

Shai Alexander would have committed months before the Green saga unfolded. But we held out for Green.

We couldve had alexander??

You said that we have missed out on or our top targets of 2018 have already moved on. That isn't true. Out top 3 guys are still out there. It is a very open question how we will do with them.
Ok, I will throw out the stupid question. Carey, Swider and Bazley are the top 3?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom