Gmac | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Gmac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope he is offered a head coaching Gig for next year.
That was a random thought rolling around in your head? You're trying too hard, man.

My assumption is GMAC was told if he wants to be the Syracuse HC in 4 years, he needs HC experience. I would not be surprised if the Athletics department is helping place him in the North East

My assumption is GMAC was told if he wants to be the Syracuse HC in 4 years, he needs HC experience. I would not be surprised if the Athletics department is helping place him in the North East
I'd say he is a backup choice...gotta think they hope Hops comes back. I wonder if Autry has plans to get a HC gig soon?

Anyone that doesn’t root for GMac (who bleeds Orange) and want him here are a$$clowns.
I'm a big fan.
Red could be good too.
I want everything kept in the fam...

Last edited:
That was a random thought rolling around in your head? You're trying too hard, man.
Not Random. It has been reported that he is being considered for the Siena job. If he got it he would gain great experience as a HC, remain in our recruiting territory so he would continue to build relationships in the East and possibly when JB retires be ready to take over.

I'd say he is a backup choice...gotta think they hope Hops comes back. I wonder if Autry has plans to get a HC gig soon?
That seems weird to me. A lot of ppl on here say the “We are Syracuse” stuff. If that is true I would hope our options at head coach aren’t a couple of former assistants they pushed out to get head coaching experience. Especially not at siena. Idk how that would qualify him to come back. I would hope wildhack has a better plan.

That seems weird to me. A lot of ppl on here say the “We are Syracuse” stuff. If that is true I would hope our options at head coach aren’t a couple of former assistants they pushed out to get head coaching experience. Especially not at siena. Idk how that would qualify him to come back. I would hope wildhack has a better plan.

What’s your take on Duke? If they hire Collins or Capel or another alum assistant, would you feel the same way about that? Or is it different because they’ve coached at power 5 schools?

I believe it was Jake who said there would be a lot of coaches interested in the job when JB leaves.
If Syracuse doesn't do a wide open search for a new coach at that time, I, and many others, will be very disappointed.

Shouldn’t they at least have a recruiting pipeline. I mean hop had success recruiting. Autry has gotten some guys. Gmac has been around for 6-7 seasons and I don’t think he has gotten much talent. A bunch of posters complain about his lack of recruiting all the time. I don’t follow him that closely to really know. Maybe a small school would be fine.

Recruiting for Syracuse for a couple years while on probation while we’re finding out that all these other schools(many that we’ve recruited against for top players) have been going hog wild in their tactics...kinda hard to judge his recruiting for us at this point in my opinion.

The guy is an assistant for a top program. If b-ball and AD people like him and think highly enough of him to hire him, who are some message board fans to disagree? What do we really know about it?

Didn’t Gmac recruit Brisset aka the guy we were all praying would not be one and done just a week ago?

I believe it was Jake who said there would be a lot of coaches interested in the job when JB leaves.
If Syracuse doesn't do a wide open search for a new coach at that time, I, and many others, will be very disappointed.
Yeah I'm all for the "keep it in the family" stuff if JB is here and he wants 'Cuse guys for his assistants.

But once JB leaves, it has to be a nationwide search. UConn just handed the program to Ollie (who did win a title with Calhoun's roster) and look where they are now.

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got.

I’ll be thrilled if we continue to get what we’ve always got, post-Boeheim.

Not saying I want to promote an assistant or hire an alum no matter what...we won’t even know whose out there until the time comes, so not worth worrying about at this point IMO.

You didn’t miss anything. Just another thread for people to take shots at gmac like the Siena and Hop threads.

It's ludicrous and I absolutely can not understand why people feel they have to do this. Do they not realize what Gmac has given us over the years?? The national title, the BE tournament run in 2006 when he was playing hurt. He's given us SO much! He'll always have my unwavering support. I hope he gets his shot and does very well.

It's ludicrous and I absolutely can not forget why people feel they have to do this. Do they not realize what Gmac has given us over the years?? The national title, the BE tournament run in 2006 when he was playing hurt. He's given us SO much! He'll always have my unwavering support. I hope he gets his shot and does very well.

Recruiting frustration

It's ludicrous and I absolutely can not forget why people feel they have to do this. Do they not realize what Gmac has given us over the years?? The national title, the BE tournament run in 2006 when he was playing hurt. He's given us SO much! He'll always have my unwavering support. I hope he gets his shot and does very well.

It’s weird.

There have been some saying “GMac’s our next coach” for awhile now. And I understand the “why?” reactions to that, at this point. I’m one of them.

But acting like the guy can’t get a head coaching job anywhere at this point? Some of the same guys always seem to be looking to knock him. It’s weird. Also find it odd how fans think they’re in a position to evaluate the assistant coaches.

It’s weird.

There have been some saying “GMac’s our next coach” for awhile now. And I understand the “why?” reactions to that, at this point. I’m one of them.

But acting like the guy can’t get a head coaching job anywhere at this point? Some of the same guys always seem to be looking to knock him. It’s weird. Also find it odd how fans think they’re in a position to evaluate the assistant coaches.

Yup, especially when all we hear are rumors that we don't know to be factually true (not that I doubt any of the insiders here that I actually trust). For everything that he has given this fan base with the title banner and memories as a player and a coach I feel it's very distasteful and ungrateful to knock the guy. That's my personal opinion, but to each their own...

Yup, especially when all we hear are rumors that we don't know to be factually true (not that I doubt any of the insiders here that I actually trust). For everything that he has given this fan base with the title banner and memories as a player and a coach I feel it's very distasteful and ungrateful to knock the guy. That's my personal opinion, but to each their own...

Yup. Guy is all Orange, has never been anything but a class act and seems to be good with the players. Beyond that, I don’t see how any of us would have a clue of his coaching ability and potential unless you’re at practice.

And even then...we had a sizable group freaking out about Hopkins based on his 9 game substitute teacher stint. Guy wins conference coach of the year in his first season as a head coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom