Gmac | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Gmac

Status
Not open for further replies.
GMac is more highly regarded that some on here seem to understand or want to accept. He is an astute Xs & Os coach and a good recruiter (relationships) - based on the opinions of people I trust, and listening to him talk personally.

Whether or not that qualifies him to take over SU is a different discussion entirely. But I will not be surprised if he experiences success similar to Hop in the near future.

People said the same thing about Hop, and now they’re probably walking that one backwards.

I think the AD will make the right call.
Agree with AD call...I would be willing to bet the next coach isnt even part of the Cuse family if Hop says thanks but no thanks. While it might be dream for some fans keeping the next hire in the Cuse family, the AD will bring in the most qualified. That likely won’t be a Cuse family name and I’m fine with that.

2018-04-14 15.07.33.png

To be clear, my last message was not a slam on GMac either...he knows hoops, is a old fan favorite and probably takes more heat then he should for things...I just don’t think the AD will look inside the house...it will be national and we will have lots of interest from coaches east of the Mississippi.

Not ludicrous at all.
The program deserves a national search. If GMac is part of it fine. But to anoint someone just because he was a popular player who hasn't done anything to upset people is what is ludicrous.

What’s ludicrous is that for the few posts where someone says gmac is the next coach, there’s 50 posts bashing him. Even starting new threads to kick it off.

What’s ludicrous is that for the few posts where someone says gmac is the next coach, there’s 50 posts bashing him. Even starting new threads to kick it off.
It isn't bashing him to suggest that he lacks the experience to be the next coach of Syracuse University. You can disagree with that. But it isn't bashing him.

It isn't bashing him to suggest that he lacks the experience to be the next coach of Syracuse University. You can disagree with that. But it isn't bashing him.

There are plenty bashing him.

Not ludicrous at all.
The program deserves a national search. If GMac is part of it fine. But to anoint someone just because he was a popular player who hasn't done anything to upset people is what is ludicrous.

It's absolutely ludicrous because what you're talking about is complete speculation, and nothing more than that.

Syracuse is in a very precarious position starting next year. We are in uncharted water. In 99% of coaching changes the incumbent is either fired or leaves for another job. In our case it is neither. If in fact Whit is going to launch a national search, go out of house how long do Griff Red and Gmac stick around? Its like being on death row. Does Whit make keeping one or more a prerequisite on the new coach?
If you think through this it is going to be extremely difficult. This will go down as the single most important decision of Whits time as AD. My bet is on him picking from the current staff as that may not be the best choice but it is the safest. At his core Whit is a corporate guy and in most cases corporate guys are risk adverse. By hiring from within he provides himself with two swings vs one. Expect him to promote either Red or Gmac.

Why don't people on here stand behind our Orange family? Players want to make money, or play while they can. Coaches want better coaching gigs whether in the pros or college. Do you all not want promotions in your jobs? Do you want the guy who delivers lunch to your office to question what have you done to deserve a promotion or a better job? Because that is the equivalent to what you are all doing. You don't see what goes on in practice day to day, and what coach really does what on a daily basis. So who are you all to question his ability to move on and up?

If he does move on, or anyone else for that matter, I would love to see Devo move up the food chain. I say that as someone who both knows Devo personally, and sees what a great person he has become. Reward someone for totally becoming the man they were meant to be. Notice, I am not "picking" the specific job as he would move up the chain. It might not be as an assistant and it might. Not my expertise. I will live within my box..

Orr wasn't pushed out.

Louis is a very decent man, but it freshened things up in recruiting when we reconfigured the staff. Louis leaving elevated Mike’s role, and everyone agrees that Mike killed it for us for a long time.

Yeah, it’s nuts. Gerry might not be an electric personality, but he is a fierce competitor who know how to win. He is a legend,regardless of just what tier of the hall of fame you put him in.

Siena is a terrific program, historically speaking, and it’s in his backyard, where people really know his legacy and who he is. For me, a great fit and a way to begin to find out just how good a coach he may turn out to be!

Louis is a very decent man, but it freshened things up in recruiting when we reconfigured the staff. Louis leaving elevated Mike’s role, and everyone agrees that Mike killed it for us for a long time.
That has absolutely nothing to do with whether Louis was pushed out. He wasn't. JB took Bernie off the road earlier to put Hopkins on the road. When Louis left, Weaver was hired. And as we all know, that really fired up our recruiting. But once again, none of that had anything to do with louis being pushed out. Orr got a head coaching job that he wanted. Period.

Yeah I don’t see anybody bashing him. I think it would be interesting to see how he does at Siena and it would be a smart decision for him to try. He’s still raw and green, obviously. Yeah, we’re bashing the dude by wanting a proven HC as a choice over him. It’s Syracuse for god’s sake. Please.

Yeah I don’t see anybody bashing him. I think it would be interesting to see how he does at Siena and it would be a smart decision for him to try. He’s still raw and green, obviously. Yeah, we’re bashing the dude by wanting a proven HC as a choice over him. It’s Syracuse for god’s sake. Please.

Jake posts that he's being considered for the Siena job.

The first response is asking if he's being "pushed out."

The second is asking what he's done to deserve a head coaching job.

I mean...

Why don't people on here stand behind our Orange family? Players want to make money, or play while they can. Coaches want better coaching gigs whether in the pros or college. Do you all not want promotions in your jobs? Do you want the guy who delivers lunch to your office to question what have you done to deserve a promotion or a better job? Because that is the equivalent to what you are all doing. You don't see what goes on in practice day to day, and what coach really does what on a daily basis. So who are you all to question his ability to move on and up?

If he does move on, or anyone else for that matter, I would love to see Devo move up the food chain. I say that as someone who both knows Devo personally, and sees what a great person he has become. Reward someone for totally becoming the man they were meant to be. Notice, I am not "picking" the specific job as he would move up the chain. It might not be as an assistant and it might. Not my expertise. I will live within my box..

Most of these guys, if you believe what they say, would not have hired JB.

No one is bashing Gerry whatsoever. Calling it like we see it. We are a top 10 job in america, we should hire like it as well. I hope we can hold onto Red for as long as we can. He would do AWESOME at VCU

Obviously you don’t read each post in each thread he shows up in. And you probably miss the deleted ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom