Good Article on the No Huddle Offense | Syracusefan.com

Good Article on the No Huddle Offense

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
by DO assistant sports editor Chris Iseman. I am sure OE linked to it. Don't think it has been talked about enough.

Pretty impressive article. He researched the history of the no huddle, got quotes from a variety of people, including Sam Wyche., and did a good job explaining how it works. This is something I would expect to see in the New York Times.

It was really put in 2 weeks before the opening game of the season. To me, there is good and bad in this. Itt is a little disturbing DM waited so long to do it. That is the bad side.

The good side is, I think with more time in the spring and preseason (and hopefully in the gap between the regular season and the bowl), the implementation should be able to be improved. There is a lot more that can be done to refine things.

Anyway, reading this article, it becomes clear how important the QB is when you run the no huddle. They really have to know the offense, know how to read defenses, know all the nomenclature, and be able to make decisions on the spot, very quickly.

I think given this, it is going to be really tough for a freshman to come in and start right away. Even if they enroll in the spring. I think running the new Syracuse offense requires a pretty cerebral QB. Experience is going to be a huge advantage as well.

Charley Loeb has been named to the Big East All Academic team in 2010 and 2011 and he is a lock to make it again this season. There is a brain behind those incredible good looks, and ithat, coupled with his experience, puts him in a really good position to be the starting quarterback for 2012.

Link

by DO assistant sports editor Chris Iseman. I am sure OE linked to it. Don't think it has been talked about enough.

Pretty impressive article. He researched the history of the no huddle, got quotes from a variety of people, including Sam Wyche., and did a good job explaining how it works. This is something I would expect to see in the New York Times.

It was really put in 2 weeks before the opening game of the season. To me, there is good and bad in this. Itt is a little disturbing DM waited so long to do it. That is the bad side.

The good side is, I think with more time in the spring and preseason (and hopefully in the gap between the regular season and the bowl), the implementation should be able to be improved. There is a lot more that can be done to refine things.

Anyway, reading this article, it becomes clear how important the QB is when you run the no huddle. They really have to know the offense, know how to read defenses, know all the nomenclature, and be able to make decisions on the spot, very quickly.

I think given this, it is going to be really tough for a freshman to come in and start right away. Even if they enroll in the spring. I think running the new Syracuse offense requires a pretty cerebral QB. Experience is going to be a huge advantage as well.

Charley Loeb has been named to the Big East All Academic team in 2010 and 2011 and he is a lock to make it again this season. There is a brain behind those incredible good looks, and ithat, coupled with his experience, puts him in a really good position to be the starting quarterback for 2012.

Link

Sry Tom, I know your one of the big guys here at the site, but your wrong and an idiot. The first line talks about how it was run at Fort Drum which was a huge waste of time and a big mistake. And the media hush hush of the program was a waste of time and DM sucks so bad. He is so horrible and can't change and we need to fire him like two years ago. The whole program should move to DII no better yet DIII. Hackett can hack it so needs to go because he has no experience and is just a hire for a friend. Tom how dare you speak well of the program. :crazy:

I think your spot on Tom and the article is a very good one. Thank you for posting. I hope we can all enjoy the rest of the season and keep our jumping off the cliffs to a minimum. It could also explain why our I numbers are getting better and better because Nassib and team is finally full swing in this system.

Mem

It's so weird to see a male board member talk about a QB's good looks and that board member not be Millhouse.

I'm going to have to give him oxygen at games next year and stop him from rushing the field after each time a "mean man tackled my Charley!"

It's so weird to see a male board member talk about a QB's good looks and that board member not be Millhouse.

I'm going to have to give him oxygen at games next year and stop him from rushing the field after each time a "mean man tackled my Charley!"
It's just not right. Something could happen to his face.

Attendance issues solved!!! The woman attendance will go up 10,000%

The article talks about Nassib getting all of the reads down on the opposing defense.

Could this be part of the explanation for Nassib's slow starts and strong finishes this year? Does it take him a few series to get the opposing defenses down before he's able to dissect them?

I suspect they had to decide if they had enough depth, conditioning, and ability to run it before installing it.

This isn't a knock on Marrone, I don't blame him for not going no huddle before. But it says a lot about the coaching fraternity's glacial rate of change where something as successful as the no huddle is only now becoming more widespread.

The Bills miss one kick and the rest of the coaching world says AHA TIME OF POSSESSION

I wonder if the oline issues had something to do with the late planning as well.. knowing Pugh was coming back changed much of how the oline was to be working..

...I think given this, it is going to be really tough for a freshman to come in and start right away. Even if they enroll in the spring. I think running the new Syracuse offense requires a pretty cerebral QB. Experience is going to be a huge advantage as well.

Link

FWIW I sent in a question to Coach Marrone's show on this very issue and he mentioned that all the QBs on the roster have the whole year to learn the system and even the incoming QBs are running the same offense in HS. He sounded very confident the productivity in this offense can be maintained.

as the other topic says.. its all about the oline. when they play well the other pieces will work even without elite talent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom