Goodbye Aluminum seats | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Goodbye Aluminum seats

Did anyone notice that in every one of those announcements the headline said "Carrier Dome???"

The Carrier Dome doesn't exist. Fake News!!

They could easily just do blue upper - orange lower, flip flop that, or do alternate sections, everyone wins all colors repped, kumbaya.

They could easily just do blue upper - orange lower, flip flop that, or do alternate sections, everyone wins all colors repped, kumbaya.
I hope they do something like at Orlando Soccer Stadium

300 level

SYRACUSE on 1 sideline
ORANGE on other sideline

If SYRACUSE won't fit well...go with CUSE and ORANGE

orlando2017-1-pub.jpg

football-tiered-pricing-flyer-2015-3ec41c852112ff3b.jpg

Last edited:
they do make a special paint for plastic seats like that. I suppose you could go all blue and then get custom paint or seat covers for the ones to spell something. You know like you do to cover your seats in your Corvette.

And like, at the games people sit on the seats. So you don’t actually see them. Especially once this happens and capacity is far lower. The empty ones will stand out far less than the silver did.
It’s also the right move long term. Attendance down everywhere. Let’s rip the bandaid off and improve the experience for those that show up. If we’re good there will be scarcity value and we can charge more. And the concourses won’t be as crowded which annoys me more than anything. Barely being able to move or get on a functioning line is obnoxious.

Kenan put real seats in all but the student section (which we might as well do too) and lost 20% capacity. If the Dome is reduced by the same %, we are looking at 39,250. I am totally fine with that, especially if they are high quality seats. But that also means no more 30k for BBall. You are probably looking at 29k tops.
The reduction will be about 10%…..

they do make a special paint for plastic seats like that. I suppose you could go all blue and then get custom paint or seat covers for the ones to spell something. You know like you do to cover your seats in your Corvette.
How did you know?

And now maybe they can finally put the hoops court in the middle of the Dome, underneath the new scoreboard, since many people’s seats will have to be moved anyway?
If not that...they can play with the portable stands and move them 5-10' further from the court to get in more long view seats for the 2 big games a year.

Sections that are on an angle can have multiple size seats in order to get max. capacity. Some rows can only fit two or three seats. Widths can be adjusted to fit. They will also stagger seats to give better views. This will create some different seat widths.

And now maybe they can finally put the hoops court in the middle of the Dome, underneath the new scoreboard, since many people’s seats will have to be moved anyway?
Why? So everyone’s seats, other than perhaps those at courtside, are further away from the court in an era with decreasing attendance across the nation? Sorry but I disagree.

Why? So everyone’s seats, other than perhaps those at courtside, are further away from the court in an era with decreasing attendance across the nation? Sorry but I disagree.
I meant for a special occasion big game. Maybe JB’s last game. If we ever play Duke with a league title on the line, or something, etc.

I don’t think getting 30,000 seats should be top priority. We had one crowd this year over 25,000. Comfortable seating for 20,000 + fans should be the top priority.

Worst season in 50 years + COVID restrictions + people concerned about catching COVID. IMO.

I think things will get a lot better in the attendance department from last year.