Goodbye Aluminum seats | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Goodbye Aluminum seats

Perhaps this is when Syracuse officially moves the bball court to the center of the dome

You’re already going to anger so many people with seasons by adding in the seats, might as well take advantage to move the bball court to center so it’s directly under the new giant scoreboard and would still allow capacity for bball games to be incredibly high
if they did it now they could also still use the bump out seats and then figure out a new way to bump out the other side with some temp type seating.. the goal would be to create 20K of pretty good seating and 5-10k of long range type seating. if you move to the center those days of 30K the last 10K would actually be from a watchable location much better than they are now.

imagine if they had built both endzone sides with the movable seating how easy this would be to be flexible..

turn the court that gives you more sideline viewing. let all the low end people pick their new seating as they want and people will adjust.. you will have some people complain and quit buying but i would suspect there are a bunch who would love to jump into those seats too.

It’s going to especially suck for basketball because the people we sit near are like family and we have built relationships with them over the years. I’m all for more comfortable seats, but fans are going to be separated and some won’t be happy(my wife).

It’s going to especially suck for basketball because the people we sit near are like family and we have built relationships with them over the years. I’m all for more comfortable seats, but fans are going to be separated and some won’t be happy(my wife).

Ah, you could always get a new wife. :p

I’ve clamored for bench holes so the men can do their business in their seat and not disrupt everyone else in their row. The expensive part is adding a proper drainage system underneath.
It’s just a matter of time…

I like my aisle seat too. The only downside are the people in the middle of the row who come to the game primarily to drink beer. They drink as much as they can in the first half and then are going to the restroom during the second half. I have to keep getting up to let them in and out. :mad:
I swear that every row has at least one of these folks.

I’m completely in favor of pissing off a bunch of season ticket holders that are going to whine about their seats moving 10 feet or a row up as a trade off for upgraded seats. Small price to pay for a massive upgrade to the Dome experience.

I’m completely in favor of pissing off a bunch of season ticket holders that are going to whine about their seats moving 10 feet or a row up as a trade off for upgraded seats. Small price to pay for a massive upgrade to the Dome experience.
Exactly, being that we have no problem selling tickets, who cares. They could move us to row zz and I would still renew, hope everyone feels the same.

Really looking forward to this project and seeing how it plays out. Will be a headache for a period of time as they re-jigger the rows, seats, etc.

if they did it now they could also still use the bump out seats and then figure out a new way to bump out the other side with some temp type seating.. the goal would be to create 20K of pretty good seating and 5-10k of long range type seating. if you move to the center those days of 30K the last 10K would actually be from a watchable location much better than they are now.

imagine if they had built both endzone sides with the movable seating how easy this would be to be flexible..

turn the court that gives you more sideline viewing. let all the low end people pick their new seating as they want and people will adjust.. you will have some people complain and quit buying but i would suspect there are a bunch who would love to jump into those seats too.
Uhhh I think that wouldn’t be a wise idea when demand for tickets is not what it used to be. They’re struggling to get 15,000 to most games and couple that with the product that’s being delivered… last thing you want to do is give others on the fence a reason to not go. You also wouldn’t be creating better seats for those that currently sit in the 100s and 200s.

I’m not sure everyone agrees. If you’re tall or wide, and that’s probably half the ticket base… good luck.

They should just charge heavier patrons for double seats like some airlines do.

isnt that why all the concrete slopes one direction? you set up a slight misting system at the top and continual flow and all is good. helps with the beer cleanup as well.
We’d be on the cutting edge

Uhhh I think that wouldn’t be a wise idea when demand for tickets is not what it used to be. They’re struggling to get 15,000 to most games and couple that with the product that’s being delivered… last thing you want to do is give others on the fence a reason to not go. You also wouldn’t be creating better seats for those that currently sit in the 100s and 200s.

I wouldn’t judge this years attendance to normal attendance

A lot of factors with bball attendance last season.

Many didn’t show up because they simply didn’t want to deal with Covid restrictions within the dome

I wouldn’t judge this years attendance to normal attendance

A lot of factors with bball attendance last season.

Many didn’t show up because they simply didn’t want to deal with Covid restrictions within the dome
I disagree. People follow winners. I think the Covid influence has been overstated. We’ll find out in the fall.

People follow winners. But the Covid situation was a huge factor in decreased attendance this year.
We can debate as nausem. Unless there is some scientific survey we really can only speculate.

We can debate as nausem. Unless there is some scientific survey we really can only speculate.
Well, every school has seen a drop. That’s pretty scientific.

Monday is the last day to upgrade seats for football. I’m going to call to see how the new seating might effect my football seats to see if I should try to move closer. I’m in section 117, row W. Great seats right on the forty yard line. The seat next to me on my right is level A, mine is level B. Several years ago my level B basketball seats were upgraded to level A by the university. Almost all the bleacher seats were changed to level A. I could have moved to level A
in football with no additional cost. At that time, our friends were sitting next to us and didn’t want to change. I might have made a mistake. I’ll share if I find anything out.

Good... by the time the games over you end up like 2 seats down from where you should be

How many seats will be reduced per section about?
Speculation is that the seating will be reduced from about 49.5K to about 44.5K.

That is right about 10% on the nose.

I haven't seen any specifics discussed but I think the seat widths are 18 inches now.

If we are talking about a 10% decrease in capacity, we are taking about close to a 10% increase in seat widths. They will surely do even numbers so I am guessing the new seats will be 20 inches in width. That would be a 10% increase on the nose.

Just speculation. No inside info.

If this happened, the maximum capacity for basketball would go from around 35K to around 31.5K. Now that assumes all the seating areas sold before the center hung scoreboard was in place will still be sold. I do not think this is the case. That scoreboard appears to block the view for some of the seats in the far end zone corners down low.

We might get as low as 30K for basketball with new seating in place.