Goodbye Aluminum seats | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Goodbye Aluminum seats

The more open they can make the concourses on the east end, the better.

Worried they are going to build a bunch of small meeting rooms. That would be a shame.

I think we will see a lot of things getting added on outside the original footprint in coming years.

Hope this build out is well planned and the additions look nice. It is going to be easy to add a bunch of ugly unmatched ghastly additions that look awful from the outside.

They need a master plan now so everything goes together and matches. Perhaps this already exists.

I'm pretty sure one of the original drawings had captured what the vision was back when, for the east end. this one

download.jpg

Last edited:
that would make for a nice size area and if they something on the west side too it could be sweet

Nobody is saying it did not have an impact. Dig up the post where I said losing is the only reason people are staying home. The question was whether the product on the court had more of an impact than COVID. Unless there's a survey with a sufficiently large sampling, it's all just speculation as to what is having the greater impact. Some stayed home because of COVID and some stayed home because the team hasn't been a winner. They are both significant issues. You're entitled to your opinion. And I'm entitled to mine. The difference is I don't get off trying to body slam other people's opinions.

You did. You cast significant doubt.

“We can debate as nausem. Unless there is some scientific survey we really can only speculate.”

It’s not speculation. No scientific survey needed. It had an impact. I significant one.

Since there are some empty seats in some areas of preferred seating, I hope they try to fill in the gaps to keep people as close as possible to their seats. I assume longevity might also play a role.

They will tie it to your additional 'contributions' to the school, the way they do parking and upgrades now.

I'll miss the option of climbing up or down a row to exit but I won't miss sitting on one cheek at the end of an aisle when it's a packed house and someone has crashed our row. But we don't get many situations like those anymore.

They will tie it to your additional 'contributions' to the school, the way they do parking and upgrades now.

I'll miss the option of climbing up or down a row to exit but I won't miss sitting on one cheek at the end of an aisle when it's a packed house and someone has crashed our row. But we don't get many situations like those anymore.
For me this is actually a positive, it’s always nerve wrecking seeing people walk up and down and all around different rows on the bleachers like a motorcycle lane splitting between cars! Lol

I understand the need for ADA seating areas. I also know from personal observation that the current ADA seating areas are not filled.
Because of the location of the ADA seating, I know some ADA people who prefer in chosen regular season ticket seats with family etc or sit in a box too. I imagine during this Covid pandemic, many choose not to attend also.

It is a legitimate concern.

I am hoping for seats like the ones cliftonparksufan posted on page 1 of this thread.

They would be a lot better for basketball, where as you point out, it would be easier to orient your body to the court. Just as important, I think they would be a lot less intrusive on leg room (compared to traditional stadium seats like the ones they installed in Kenan Stadium).

You could get a lot more comfortable seat with something like this seats but a minimal impact on leg room and flexibility to orient as needed.

Hope seats like this are considered.

OIP.87Ziw_2uRnLcWlb-bhTGJwAAAA
Gosh, if this is the vision, I say stick with the benches. At least I can bring my seat back.

If the rumors are true and we lose 10% of the seats virtually everyone will be affected and in a negative way.
It won’t be so bad for football because there are a lot of good seats available and most people will be able to be given seats close to comparable to what they have now.

For basketball, this is going to be a major nightmare. A lot of great fans, who have been major supporters of the program for decades, are going to end up with significantly worse seats, and they will be lucky if they aren’t hit with a price increase for seats that are much worse than what they have now.

Friends who have been sitting together for 40 years will be separated, many will be forced to make really hard choices and things are never going to be the same for many.

Basketball season ticket holders brace for impact. This one is going to hurt a lot.

I'm in 308 for basketball, which is usually under-populated and probably has fewer season ticket holders. I'm guessing the big changes will be down below.

I'm in 308 for basketball, which is usually under-populated and probably has fewer season ticket holders. I'm guessing the big changes will be down below.
If 10% of the seats are eliminated, which is probably the best case scenario, virtually every season ticket holder will be moving up and over. Where 'over' is further from center court.

The worse your seat is, the most affected you will be. Should be a geometric progression. No bueno.

If 10% of the seats are eliminated, which is probably the best case scenario, virtually every season ticket holder will be moving up and over. Where 'over' is further from center court.

The worse your seat is, the most affected you will be. Should be a geometric progression. No bueno.

If 10% of the seats in a row are eliminated and I'm one of the few people in that row with a season ticket, am I not likely to get preference for that row?

Anyone talk to their rep yet about possible 2023 football implications? I haven’t bothered to call as I assume there won’t be any answers yet.

Gosh, if this is the vision, I say stick with the benches. At least I can bring my seat back.
Seems like it would be simpler and more cost effective to stick with the benches and just put in those portable seat backs everywhere. Nobody gets squeezed out of their seat and it puts the onus on the morbidly obese fans to lose the weight or pay for 2 seats. Paying for 2 seats is still a bargain compared to many other schools.

It is a legitimate concern.

I am hoping for seats like the ones cliftonparksufan posted on page 1 of this thread.

They would be a lot better for basketball, where as you point out, it would be easier to orient your body to the court. Just as important, I think they would be a lot less intrusive on leg room (compared to traditional stadium seats like the ones they installed in Kenan Stadium).

You could get a lot more comfortable seat with something like this seats but a minimal impact on leg room and flexibility to orient as needed.

Hope seats like this are considered.

OIP.87Ziw_2uRnLcWlb-bhTGJwAAAA
Yuck

Seems like it would be simpler and more cost effective to stick with the benches and just put in those portable seat backs everywhere. Nobody gets squeezed out of their seat and it puts the onus on the morbidly obese fans to lose the weight or pay for 2 seats. Paying for 2 seats is still a bargain compared to many other schools.
how about they only put in the arm rests between the seats you dont own.. you have 4 seats you just get the 2 arm rests on the outer 2 seats... dont put arm rests on the aisle seats that saves 2 inches as well. dont put arm rests in at all.. do some fold downable cup holder things in the seats in front of you.

if we dont do arm rests does that change seats sizes or does it matter at all.

maybe they do go this route. fits on what we have and defines the space.. but no backs. but you get custom color and name plates. and reason the backs can fold up instead o the deats folding down in this market place?

1649705235715.png

I'm pretty sure one of the original drawings had captured what the vision was back when, for the east end. this one

View attachment 216483
We know this was an early drawing and the roof changed in a major way, and the vision for windows for the eastern and presumably western walls has not been realized. This was probably a best case (most expensive solution) type approach.

That said, hopefully they are going to do something along these lines, where the new building is close to the same height as Barnes/Archbold. There is a big need for additional space and this is the first real opportunity to address it.

We know this was an early drawing and the roof changed in a major way, and the vision for windows for the eastern and presumably western walls has not been realized. This was probably a best case (most expensive solution) type approach.

That said, hopefully they are going to do something along these lines, where the new building is close to the same height as Barnes/Archbold. There is a big need for additional space and this is the first real opportunity to address it.

Would really love if they could incorporate windows in some way.

Just would make it much more aesthetically pleasing.

Would really love if they could incorporate windows in some way.

Just would make it much more aesthetically pleasing.
As far as I know, there is nothing stopping this from happening except some time and some money.

I bet we see some windows added at some point. At this point, we need to focus on things that improve functionality and the fan experience. Worrying about beauty and esthetics is great but there is still a big list of more practical things that need to be done.

Excited we are seeing some substantive things happening every summer. The university is really supporting the dome renovation project. It would have been easy to replace the roof and add a couple of scoreboards and lights and call it a day.

They aren't doing that. This represents to my thinking an unprecedented level of support for the Syracuse athletic programs.

It is an exciting time to be a Syracuse fan.

I hope there are no armrests.
I really want armrests. When I fly my armrest goes down; it’s the only way to keep oversized individuals from encroaching on my seat. About four years ago the guy sitting next to me for football was about 6’6” and over 300 pounds.. I have had seat backs ever since because it cuts down on the encroachment factor.

Last edited:
This is exactly why I bought aisle seats that are right at the tunnel entrance.

You don't get as many funny looks when you sneak in and out. No matter how big your head is.
the other important thing to remember as an aisle seat holder, to both drink and go to the bathroom...is to over react with disgust to something and that you then need to walk it off.

then if you come back with your 10th beer those who noticed will say...i get it.

and if you come back empty handed, those who noticed will say...a little over the top, but hes back and calm. so all good.

I’ve clamored for bench holes so the men can do their business in their seat and not disrupt everyone else in their row. The expensive part is adding a proper drainage system underneath.
how is this post not flagged and deleted...