Goodbye Benny? | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Goodbye Benny?

Imagine watching Bell, Benny, and Brown every single day in practice and thinking Brown deserves the least minutes of the three. Coach used to be a master talent evaluator. He has fallen off markedly in that area (along with most others).
the patent excuse was always "you don't see practice" we'll know more come practice time tomorrow.

Last edited:
Problem with your post is that Boeheim is not a boomer. He was born in 1944 which makes him part of “The Silent Generation.”

Well if that isn't the most ironic thing, I don't know what is!

I think part of it though is he still manages his bench and roster like it's 1988 and treats everyone like they will stay for 3 or 4 years. He expects freshmen to be happy with whatever scraps they get, even if it's nothing. But then once you've paid your dues, you're pretty much safe no matter what or who is behind you. Needless to say, this just isn't a workable system with the transfer portal and the era of one-and-dones. Especially the portal, though.
definitely the reality of portal has disrupted his rotational strategy. he's afraid his lepers will become leapers.

I hear ya but can't we have it both ways? Right now it probably looks gimmicky to some because the state of our program. However, when we get it going again, I'd kinda like both things going on. Also, Adam bringing an nfl player to the game is one thing but bringing a recruit in like he did (private jet with rappers) DEFINITELY is a different thing - that just flat out helps with recruiting - how would it not. Either way, I see it as a no lose situation; it can only help even if just by a little.
I'm aligned with your perspective -not for me but I get that it's appreciated by many.
Concern:
Unless the program breaks out if its tailspin, could become a running joke aka: my Dangerfield quote.
Don't want to see that happen.

Imagine watching Bell, Benny, and Brown every single day in practice and thinking Brown deserves the least minutes of the three. Coach used to be a master talent evaluator. He has fallen off markedly in that area (along with most others).
I don’t think you read what I wrote

Frankly, you should be banned from this board. Just horrific and shameful of you.

Not sure Maliq is even that good hes Taurean but way smarter.

Wildly different player and style and I like his upside if he stays and improves but Brown is just a productive and reliable rotation forward not an anchor.

Williams is unplayable most nights maybe 1 out of every 5 games he hustles and the ball falls to him and he does some things but I don't recall anyone as bad being force fed that many minutes 2 seasons in a row for us.

No hard feelings not all his fault of course we should have had better wings on the roster last year but JB booted them out of the program to make sure Jimmy B would play starters minutes.
Totally disagree on Malik. He is just scratching the surface. A guy who can get you 8 to 10 a night without a single play being run for him absolutely has upside.

Next season he will post up where Jesse posts up and get the ball, I have a funny feeling he will know what to do with it.

Totally disagree on Malik. He is just scratching the surface. A guy who can get you 8 to 10 a night without a single play being run for him absolutely has upside.

Next season he will post up where Jesse posts up and get the ball, I have a funny feeling he will know what to do with it.
He is a really good player. I think i counted 7 possibly 8 balls that he didnt get to but kept alive with his hustle and high bball IQ. He has great awareness. He has huge upside.

He is a really good player. I think i counted 7 possibly 8 balls that he didnt get to but kept alive with his hustle and high bball IQ. He has great awareness. He has huge upside.
Im a huge fan but hes another Rick Jackson and super productive big IMO. Not star to carry the team next year at least.

Regardless something to look forward to next year can't see him leaving or anything.

It is still inexpensive compared to say, a Yankees, Giants, Jets or Knicks game, a Broadway show or any other form of top-flight entertainment. What is a Jets ticket cost? The question for me is do I enjoy myself regardless of the outcome, the answer is yes. To paraphrase the late Jim Valvano, you need to think, laugh and cry every day. SU sports makes me do all three. I look forward to every game after almost 50 years of watching. I'm good!

When I watch a game like Mondays, or the UNC game, I think I’m gonna cry, but instead laugh at the whole situation as it’s completely asinine.

being mad about the state of college sports is a bit posters on message boards play, but won't win you any games at all... the game has always had deals and behind the scenes stuff - it's now out in the open more and it agitates some
No I’m legit angry about college sports now.

The product is not what it was. I’m a consumer and I’m consuming less.

Boeheim snark getting National coverage

Heard Gottlieb talk about it last night as well. Looking good Jimmy B!

Related - dougie and his guys were also talking about Hurts being at the game and had no idea why. Guess everyone doesn’t know about Adam and his merry band of influencers.

I think he knows. But he just seems so stubborn in these later years. No one is going to tell him how to do it.

He can act like an inappropriate ahole after the game, no one cares. We'll let him coach until he dies on the court and for probably 2 years after that.

No one's going to do anything about it. No one has the balls.

Being stubborn becomes a habit when you are usually correct. And in that instance it is a positive trait.
arrived on campus 60 years ago. 1 championship. usually doesn't apply here.

Boeheim snark getting National coverage

Tbh I don't care about how he reacted. Why are kids taking personal days? If you need a day off from practice, sure. A game where your presence might help the team? That's a non starter unless it was an emergency.

hello-lionel-richie.gif

100% but gotta read between the lines here…you lose your starting spot and you quit the team before the next game a couple days later. All ya need to If you really think that This situation is that simple then you need to read between some new lines becauyes this has been I'm going you can just tell the kid was not Happy. Probably because he was tired being bashed by his own coach In front of a national, local audience

A) CTO said in the game thread(?) that Benny had been wiped clean from the SUAD site. Was that true? If so, that’s not the reaction you’d associate with “a personal day.” And so Boeheim was lying, but we‘re accepting that because it was done ostensibly to protect a ‘kid’/player, right?

2) JB is “a bad person” because he’s surly with reporters? Surely, that can be a part of your criteria when judging people. You are what you do. Sorta. And sometimes that can be offset by/compensated for by other things you do. He’s a ‘good father’ and raises a lot of money for cancer research. And he’s probably decent in the vast majority of all his other communications, so is he “bad” for that one aspect, that presents itself under challenging conditions once a week?

iii) Belichick and Popovitch are ish in interviews, too. I think you only excuse such stuff if you’re a fan of that team and that team is winning. Which seem like integrity-vacant reasons, but that’s sports/celebrity.

Use of the word “boomer” should have ended precisely one week after the msm discovered the meme “okay boomer.” So, a long time ago.

A) CTO said in the game thread(?) that Benny had been wiped clean from the SUAD site. Was that true? If so, that’s not the reaction you’d associate with “a personal day.” And so Boeheim was lying, but we‘re accepting that because it was done ostensibly to protect a ‘kid’/player, right?

2) JB is “a bad person” because he’s surly with reporters? Surely, that can be a part of your criteria when judging people. You are what you do. Sorta. And sometimes that can be offset by/compensated for by other things you do. He’s a ‘good father’ and raises a lot of money for cancer research. And he’s probably decent in the vast majority of all his other communications, so is he “bad” for that one aspect, that presents itself under challenging conditions once a week?

iii) Belichick and Popovitch are ish in interviews, too. I think you only excuse such stuff if you’re a fan of that team and that team is winning. Which seem like integrity-vacant reasons, but that’s sports/celebrity.

Use of the word “boomer” should have ended precisely one week after the msm discovered the meme “okay boomer.” So, a long time ago.
I kept checking the roster online, and Benny was always on it, from what I could tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom