Goodman: SU vs. Zona | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Goodman: SU vs. Zona

I'm not too worried; as long as SU is #1 in the East, Arizona can do whatever they want.
i couldnt agree more! i dont care if some "expert" insists Ku or MSU or UF are better than us right now. as long as we get a 1 or 2 seed (preferably in the east but even that i wont get hung up on) i like our chances! Go Cuse!

Doesn't bother me...we get a -ton of publicity every day on TV. As long as we are in Buffalo/MSG I'll be happy. Lots of hoops to play...I think we'll see 2-3 losses by Greensboro (boy that is still weird--to type Greensboro).

Goodman is a homer...he attended the University of Arizona

Goodman is a homer...he attended the University of Arizona

Yeah as a zona grad.. despite inherent truth that zona deserves their ranking.. he clearly has his uofa goggles on stating the delta as being large between zona and cuse.

The media hates us! How dare they not just hand us the title right now. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
as long as we are #1 seed in east, the douche can tweet whatever he wants.

Relatively speaking, as of today the teams are easily distinguishable on the #1 seed line - easily distinguishable does not necessarily mean huge. Its overall wins are better and they are on the road. If top wins are what people use to vote who is #1 I can't see how it cannot be Arizona.

Syracuse does have the opportunity to create debate with its schedule next month. Syracuse has had the easy part of the ACC schedule so far, but it can ramp up its resume alot in February.

One loss by Zona, totally changes who is #1 in overall seed or poll, so the gap cannot be large.

Arizona has the better resume no doubt wins @San Diego State and @Michigan are the best 2 wins between us and Arizona. Honestly though I could care if we are #1 or #2 or #25 as long as we get the 1 seed in the East. Regular season number 1 means squat. We were never #1 during the 2002-2003 season till the very end. Let's just win the Natty rather than care about this crap.

Arizona has the better resume no doubt wins @San Diego State and @Michigan are the best 2 wins between us and Arizona. Honestly though I could care if we are #1 or #2 or #25 as long as we get the 1 seed in the East. Regular season number 1 means squat. We were never #1 during the 2002-2003 season till the very end. Let's just win the Natty rather than care about this crap.
Didn't we start out that season unranked? And we lost to Memphis in the first week?

Didn't we start out that season unranked? And we lost to Memphis in the first week?
We were unranked to till mid-January then lost one of our first games as a ranked team @Pitt. We lost the season opening game in the Coaches vs Cancer at MSG versus John Calipari and Memphis.

Who cares? Why do we all take stuff like this so personally this year? Anyone who doesn't totally praise the program instantly becomes persona non grata who "has it out for Syracuse". We're undefeated, why does everyone worry so much about what the pundits say? Arizona's a great team, we're a great team...whoever comes out #1 in the regular season is largely inconsequential.

Who cares? Why do we all take stuff like this so personally this year? Anyone who doesn't totally praise the program instantly becomes persona non grata who "has it out for Syracuse". We're undefeated, why does everyone worry so much about what the pundits say? Arizona's a great team, we're a great team...whoever comes out #1 in the regular season is largely inconsequential.

I 100% agree, though I'm not sure it's any different this year. We get these posts every year, it seems. Especially since it's Arizona this year; we aren't fighting them for placement or anything.

I 100% agree, though I'm not sure it's any different this year. We get these posts every year, it seems. Especially since it's Arizona this year; we aren't fighting them for placement or anything.

I just feel like every post about what someone's said about us has turned into "they have it out for us", no matter what the rationale is. We seem to get more and more sensitive as a fanbase the better our teams get.

I just feel like every post about what someone's said about us has turned into "they have it out for us", no matter what the rationale is. We seem to get more and more sensitive as a fanbase the better our teams get.
Truth is I think everybody has their own idea of ignorance. The point of this thread seems to be that people are claiming our resume isn't close to Zona's, as Goodman says, which is pretty ignorant. I don't believe anyone here believes we should be ranked higher than them. Yes, Zona has a couple better road wins on teams in the early part of the season, but we have better home and neutral wins. To say it's not even close kind of discredits Goodman's profession.

Truth is a good team should win a game no matter where it is played. It's on the court regardless.

And Syracuse has multiple home and neutral wins that aren't even close to what Arizona has. Too much GD emphasis on road games IMO.

Road games are significantly harder. Pomeroy had a really interesting post about it on his blog a while back.

For a team rated #30, playing the #20 team at home will give you the same win expectancy as playing the #73 team on the road. Quibble with the numbers a little, sure, but there is a huge difference in home and road games.

Road games are significantly harder. Pomeroy had a really interesting post about it on his blog a while back.

For a team rated #30, playing the #20 team at home will give you the same win expectancy as playing the #73 team on the road. Quibble with the numbers a little, sure, but there is a huge difference in home and road games.
Tell that to Michigan and Kansas lol. (Who I think are the best teams right now)

Although the wins at Michigan and Sand Diego St are nice, the San Diego St game was the 2nd game of the season.. and when they played Michigan, Michigan didn't even know who their starters were, or who would be healthy. If they beat them in the past week, it would mean a lot more. Which is why our wins over Duke/Pitt/Virginia will be a better judge of character.

Someone should tell him saying Syracuse should be #1 is just as ignorant as saying Cuse resume isn't even close to Zona. It's the same.
Michigan did beat MSU without two of their best players. Same goes for Kansas beating injured teams.

Last edited:
Michigan did beat MSU without two of their best players. Same goes for Kansas.
I'm not sure what you mean by this? Kansas didn't play Michigan St. And Michigan and MSU were both missing their starting Centers when they played the other night?

I'm not sure what you mean by this? Kansas didn't play Michigan St. And Michigan and MSU were both missing their starting Centers when they played the other night?
Michigan st was missing Dawson and Payne . Kansas beat Colorado without dinwiddy and another starter, Iowa at with Kane not 100%, and beat a good osu team, but they also had lost their center and back up pg. Kansas also beat Baylor but they are in the tank.

Michigan st was missing Dawson and Payne . Kansas beat Colorado without dinwiddy, Iowa at with Kane not 100%, and beat a good osu team, but they also had lost their center and back up pg. Kansas also beat Baylor but they are in the tank.

Kansas lost to Colorado, but Dinwiddie played. True about Kane, but he did play 37 minutes and score 21 points

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom