GoT Season 8 | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

GoT Season 8

Who's going to take the throne ?

I'm going to push Sansa. She's shrewd, cunning, calculating. She's tough, she's smart and doesn't think with her heart or emotions anymore. She thinks about things like feeding her people, about her soldiers well-being, not power. Her persona now is that of a ruler through and through. More Ned than any of them.

She's basically the good version of Cersai. The both of them are by far the only people capable of ruling the kingdom.

Jon is too much of a bleeding heart which clouds his judgment, Dany has gone down the path of being a tyrant. Dany is more Cersai than she realizes.

Sansa would doubtfully rule in the South though which is where I struggle. She's North through and through.

There is still the old prophecy about Cersai and her kids - she'll be queen until "another, younger and more beautiful cast her down"

So if not Sansa, Dany, Jon or Cersai, who does that leave ? A puppet like Gendry ? Other wildcards just don't make a lot of sense.

This season so far has really confirmed to me that GRRM needs to finish the books so we can get a proper ending. The writing has not been good and even the elongated episodes feel choppy and lacking. Would be nice to be able to have it end with the full detail he is known for.

Felt like a ruse to me. Is he really going to fight for Cersai ? because he decided to leave after hearing of the ambush and the death of the second dragon. Doesn't really sound like Cersai needs him and I thought he was leaving to go help fight with Jon.

I think it's just supposed to be one of those sick relationships where people keep going back to it even though it makes no sense. Or he could be going back to kill her, who knows?

I would have like to have seen both the reveal to the Stark siblings and a goodbye to Ghost. I don't think we got the goodbye to Ghost because it could looks really corny with CGI.

Could we see Dany go ballistic like the Mad King and really try to burn all those civilians? If she does go mad, I'd hate to be Tyrion/Varys if word gets out about them considering betraying her.

Last edited:
There were only 2,000 knights of the vale, of the 20,000+ army, at the battle of Winterfel. Something to keep in mind along the fact that Dorne likely still has 10,000 spears.

The odds are still against Dany imo.

Sansa would make a good Queen of the 7 while Jon belongs in the North as warden.

Anyone enjoy looking themselves in the mirror last night and realize you forgave dany for burning a woman at the stake, locking a man in a safe for eternity, crucifying thousands, burning alive thousands, ending the tarly’s all because she’s supposed to save Westeros? What a beautiful seed plotting for the remnance of the mad King.

We justified her atrocities because we were told she’s different, not really shown. Love that Varys and Sansa are providing the sobriety.

What if..

Varys is the lord of light? His soliloquy to Tyrion last night makes me wonder.

What if..

Varys is the lord of light? His soliloquy to Tyrion last night makes me wonder.
Interesting thought. He DID hear a voice in the flames, right?

I'm going to push Sansa. She's shrewd, cunning, calculating. She's tough, she's smart and doesn't think with her heart or emotions anymore. She thinks about things like feeding her people, about her soldiers well-being, not power. Her persona now is that of a ruler through and through. More Ned than any of them.

She's basically the good version of Cersai. The both of them are by far the only people capable of ruling the kingdom.

Jon is too much of a bleeding heart which clouds his judgment, Dany has gone down the path of being a tyrant. Dany is more Cersai than she realizes.

Sansa would doubtfully rule in the South though which is where I struggle. She's North through and through.

There is still the old prophecy about Cersai and her kids - she'll be queen until "another, younger and more beautiful cast her down"

So if not Sansa, Dany, Jon or Cersai, who does that leave ? A puppet like Gendry ? Other wildcards just don't make a lot of sense.
Anybody but Sansa. Sansa is more Cersei than anyone. Part Cersei part Littlefinger.
Arya should rule more than Sansa.

I think it's just supposed to be one of those sick relationships where people keep going back to it even though it makes no sense. Or he could be going back to kill her, who knows?

I would have like to have seen both the reveal to the Stark siblings and a goodbye to Ghost. I don't think we got the goodbye to Ghost because it could looks really corny with CGI.

Could we see Dany go ballistic like the Mad King and really try to burn all those civilians? If she does go mad, I'd hate to be Tyrion/Varys if word gets out about them considering betraying her.
Leaks have said what happens to Tyrion and Varys sadly.

In the dumbest story arc Jamie is now going to kill Cersei whereas GRRM would have him kill dany or jon

I’m not sure that the Sansa and Arya standing side by side are not foreshadowing the queen and hand.

That said I’ve always thought the lives of Stark are tied to wolves...so bye bye Sansa.

Bran is either true evil or the Lord of Light...remember both know how to raise the dead in battle

Anybody but Sansa. Sansa is more Cersei than anyone. Part Cersei part Littlefinger.
Arya should rule more than Sansa.

Nah, Sansa actually cares about the people. Cersai has repeatedly killed her own and betrayed people to get further ahead. Not Sansa. Sansa being molded by Cersei and Littlefinger is why she'd make a great Queen. It's a big political internship. And obviously Joffrey and Ramsey hardened her. But Sansa's not about the power.

Last edited:
There were only 2,000 knights of the vale, of the 20,000+ army, at the battle of Winterfel. Something to keep in mind along the fact that Dorne likely still has 10,000 spears.

The odds are still against Dany imo.

Sansa would make a good Queen of the 7 while Jon belongs in the North as warden.

Anyone enjoy looking themselves in the mirror last night and realize you forgave dany for burning a woman at the stake, locking a man in a safe for eternity, crucifying thousands, burning alive thousands, ending the tarly’s all because she’s supposed to save Westeros? What a beautiful seed plotting for the remnance of the mad King.

We justified her atrocities because we were told she’s different, not really shown. Love that Varys and Sansa are providing the sobriety.

I believe we see the Army of the Vale again and would probably be riding under Sansa. Vary's mentioning it seems to be the tip off.

I've never liked Danny and always thought she contradicted herself with her actions. Not sparing the Tarly's showed her true character.

She's growing paranoid by the day now and clearly is about to snap going down the road of being the Mad Queen. Vary's comment was foreboding - I worry about her mental state.

Last edited:
I’m not sure that the Sansa and Arya standing side by side are not foreshadowing the queen and hand.

That said I’ve always thought the lives of Stark are tied to wolves...so bye bye Sansa.

Bran is either true evil or the Lord of Light...remember both know how to raise the dead in battle

I thought that about Sansa and Arya but figure it's just too good to happen.

If tied to the wolves then Jon appears to be among those who live. I'm not sure yet he does but maybe. I sort of think he might be the one to put down Danny.

I think Bran is just a poweful warg.

I believe we see the Army of the Vale again and would probably riding under Sansa. Vary's mentioning it seems to be the tip off.

I've never liked Danny and always thought she contradicted herself with her actions. Not sparing the Tarly's showed her true character.

She's growing paranoid by the day now and clearly is about to snap going down the road of being the Mad Queen. Vary's comment was foreboding - I worry about her mental state.
Yeah I’m almost sure Sansa leads the Army of the Vale down to Kings Landing to finish off the Lannisters. Wouldn’t surprise me if she had to dispatch with allies in doing so

I believe we see the Army of the Vale again and would probably riding under Sansa. Vary's mentioning it seems to be the tip off.

Yea, they are definitely showing Dany
Going off the deep end, and not in a subtle way

LOL - Did anyone see the 'Inside the Episode' with the show writers?

I've read people complaining about how it'd be impossible to hide all of Euron's ships in the ocean with someone flying on a dragon. But, for me, the bigger question was why weren't Dany's forces prepared for the potential of meeting the iron fleet while traveling by sea.

The show writer's answer? Well, Dany forgot about the iron fleet...

I really enjoyed how the last episode left off, but I agree with the fans who talk about how clueless the writing has been.

LOL - Did anyone see the 'Inside the Episode' with the show writers?

I've read people complaining about how it'd be impossible to hide all of Euron's ships in the ocean with someone flying on a dragon. But, for me, the bigger question was why weren't Dany's forces prepared for the potential of meeting the iron fleet while traveling by sea.

The show writer's answer? Well, Dany forgot about the iron fleet...

I really enjoyed how the last episode left off, but I agree with the fans who talk about how clueless the writing has been.

Overconfidence coupled with made to look cool for TV strategy.

Nah, Sansa actually cares about the people. Cersai has repeatedly killed her own and betrayed people to get further ahead. Not Sansa. Sansa being molded by Cersei and Littlefinger is why she'd make a great Queen. It's a big political internship. And obviously Joffrey and Ramsey hardened her. But Sansa's not about the power.
Sansa was bitter when Lyanna and the houses of the North chose Jon Snow to be the KOTN.
She has played politics since then. Her anger in the battle of the bastards war room with Jon showed she has a giant ego. She could have told Jon about her plan to go to get the Army of the Vale. Jon would have had a different military strategy.

Sansa has been rude to Dany. I am not liking this Dany but she sacrificed a dragon for Jon and pledged to fight for the North when she could have taken King’s Landing with ease.

Anyone but Sansa for the Iron Throne.

Quick thought

Is Rhaegal reallllly dead?

They made a point of Cersei asking Euron, You are sure the Dragon is dead and he responds, it fell into the sea.

In a clip for next week he looks petrified of something in the sky. I can't imagine it's be just Dany

Interesting thought. He DID hear a voice in the flames, right?

He did... but not only he that heard it.

That Red Priestess in season 5/6 (maybe even 7... I forget) that tainted him with “would you like me to tell you what the voice from the flames said.”

Always found it odd that there were others privy to what was said.

Must be something significant, yeah?

Great episode and indeed very old-school. Rhaegal going down was horrifying though, geez what is with with animals dying on screen??

Also, I am involved at arms length with GoT fandom and this board is sure refreshing compared with the extreme negativity and bickering you see there, like meltdowns over Jon not petting Ghost.

Jon telling Tormund to take Ghost and then two times refusing an on air good bye was just stupid.
Ghost went to the bleeping wall with Jon and he just didn’t say formally goodbye.
Hopefully Tormund comes back for Brienne and we see Ghost again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom