GoT Season 8 | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

GoT Season 8

Jamie's story ending like that was simply awful. To throw away his entire story arc for that absolute garbage ending? Ugh.

Not to mention they let Cersei off the hook. She deserved a brutal death and not going out in Jamie's embrace.

Thought I had read somewhere that the writers declared the Dothraki an extinct culture after the Long Night.

Guess not.
The Golden Company commander was a punk.

I can't believe how many Dothraki and Unsullied there was, and yes she probably torched a ton of them

The preview show a lot remaining however

Rule by love or fear, that was the question. Jon and Dany showdown coming

Rule by love or fear, that was the question. Jon and Dany showdown coming
Yep, with this show not sure who wins though, the good guy ( Snow), or the bad guy DANY. Either way someone wont be happy

So things we learned:

8 ships will kill a dragon, 100 ships will be destroyed.

Jamie's entire character arc doesn't count.

The Mountain *not hound -- typo* isn't the only supernatural Clegane and can tackle people through stone walls.

Dany is crazy, but only in the last season.

Again, FUN to WATCH, NOT FUN to think about.

Oh, c'mon.

That episode was great. There's been plenty to gripe about with the two preceding episodes, but this one was epic.

Last edited:
So things we learned:

8 ships will kill a dragon, 100 ships will be destroyed.

Jamie's entire character arc doesn't count.

The Mountain *not hound -- typo* isn't the only supernatural Clegane and can tackle people through stone walls.

Dany is crazy, but only in the last season.

Again, FUN to WATCH, NOT FUN to think about.
Dany’s built up to this for several seasons, we just looked past it because she’s supposed to be the one

Going to be a lot to fit into one resolving episode.

Tyrion’s gotta be borderline suicidal at this point.

Dany’s built up to this for several seasons, we just looked past it because she’s supposed to be the one

A few days ago she was fighting to save humanity and now she's burning peasants alive after the city surrenders.

I certainly can see how her arc had her becoming a hardened, less idealistic leader, but I never got the sense that she was turning mad.

Last edited:
Oh, c'mon.

That episode was great. There's been plenty to gripe about with the two preceding episodes, but this one was epic.
Agreed. These fanboy complaints are goofy. Fans always overthink story. Once the sequencing started most us to know that the last villain would be Dany.

We expected Jon to kill the NK, Arya did it. We expect Arya to kill Dany, Jon will do it. He will then go off to the north (Tormund foretold this with the North is in your blood bit) and finally pet that damn dog so America can stop whining about it.

I have do idea who sits on the throne that is now buried in rubble. Maybe Tyrion? Assuming he doesn't get roasted before Jon takes Dany out. Mabe Gendry as he has a claim, no?

Wow. Really was a great episode. I was riveted.

We saw the deaths of Varys, the Hound, Jamie and Cersei. Fantastic.

I'm curious where the heck Yara Greyjoy has been through all of this.

I have no idea how Jon can defeat Dany at this point unless she's assassinated. That scum Greyworm will turn Jon in or maybe try to take him out. That look from Greyworm to Jon was ominous.

Dany is now officially the mad Queen. Laying waste and burning the innocents was incredible. The aftermath of this is going to be awesome. Do they execute Jon, throw him and everyone else in chains? Tyrion is a dead man to. Sansa will need to start preparing for Battle - hello Vale.

Loved the scene between the Hound and Arya. Wished he would've made it out with her. They're so great together.

Jamie's story ending like that was simply awful. To throw away his entire story arc for that absolute garbage ending? Ugh.

Not to mention they let Cersei off the hook. She deserved a brutal death and not going out in Jamie's embrace.

I didn't have a problem with it. Jamie's arc was that of a guy who became remorseful and ultimately a good guy but at the end of the day he couldn't let go of his love for Cersei. Was sort of fitting.

As for Cersei, I can live with her death to, because she had experienced the death of all her children which was really most painful to her. She'd been shamed through the city which was great way back when and ultimately died having been defeated. While she didn't die at the end of a Stark sword, which I would've preferred, she died, she knew she was going to die and she didn't want to die.

A few days ago she was fighting to save humanity and now she's burning peasants alive after the city surrenders.

I certainly can see how her arc had her becoming a hardened, less idealistic leader, but I never got the sense that she was turning mad.

I agree that having this abbreviated season means that things feel a bit rushed. Last year, Dany swooped in to save the party up north from sure defeat when there was no real reason for her to do so, at the great cost of one of her dragons.

Then, she puts her crusade for the throne on hold to save humanity at great cost to her armies, but because she didn't take counsel from Varys and because Sansa was mean to her she goes from being a benevolant to the mad queen? It needed to be a slower descent into madness -- but time is no longer a luxury this show has.

I enjoyed last night's episode and found it entertaining. I do think that they could have used the extra episodes both in s8 and s7 to help build up Dany's turn. Like draw it out a bit more how Dany slowly begins to feel more and more isolated from the others leading to her trusting no one and feeling paranoid culminating in her burning the city down. Still enjoyed it though.

Another thing that is real nitpicky but I think could have helped with the shortened seasons is if Rhaegal was killed this episode instead of last and that was a trigger to make her go mad Queen. Just draw it out by having her closest advisors drop off each episode with Jorah, then Missandei, then Varys and Tyrion break her trust to start this episode and then Euron shoots down one of her children and she loses all empathy and reason on the spot.

I didn't have a problem with it. Jamie's arc was that of a guy who became remorseful and ultimately a good guy but at the end of the day he couldn't let go of his love for Cersei. Was sort of fitting.

As for Cersei, I can live with her death to, because she had experienced the death of all her children which was really most painful to her. She'd been shamed through the city which was great way back when and ultimately died having been defeated. While she didn't die at the end of a Stark sword, which I would've preferred, she died, she knew she was going to die and she didn't want to die.

One explanation I read was the symbolism that her pride and stubborness was what killed Cersei. She refused to give up the throne and earlier in the episode she wouldn't leave with Qyburn because she said the Red Keep had never fallen and ultimately dies when the Red Keep literally falls on her.

Consistent with her actions and decisions throughout the series which made me appreciate how her death was written a bit more.

One explanation I read was the symbolism that her pride and stubborness was what killed Cersei. She refused to give up the throne and earlier in the episode she wouldn't leave with Qyburn because she said the Red Keep had never fallen and ultimately dies when the Red Keep literally falls on her.

Consistent with her actions and decisions throughout the series which made me appreciate how her death was written a bit more.

good point

I agree that having this abbreviated season means that things feel a bit rushed. Last year, Dany swooped in to save the party up north from sure defeat when there was no real reason for her to do so, at the great cost of one of her dragons.

Then, she puts her crusade for the throne on hold to save humanity at great cost to her armies, but because she didn't take counsel from Varys and because Sansa was mean to her she goes from being a benevolant to the mad queen? It needed to be a slower descent into madness -- but time is no longer a luxury this show has.

Agreed. I also think she started descending last season but as someone else point out it was ignored. Has she ever really shown mercy? The breaker of chains, imo, has always been a tyrant. She's never played nice with people who disagreed with her and she's not exactly wanted to rule democratically. People just ignored who she really was but there's always been signs.

The most surprising thing with Cersei to me is that she didn’t have something better than the scorpions waiting for Dany. No plan B? No secrets under the red keep? She’s been one step ahead the entire series

Wow. Really was a great episode. I was riveted.

We saw the deaths of Varys, the Hound, Jamie and Cersei. Fantastic.

I'm curious where the heck Yara Greyjoy has been through all of this.

I have no idea how Jon can defeat Dany at this point unless she's assassinated. That scum Greyworm will turn Jon in or maybe try to take him out. That look from Greyworm to Jon was ominous.

Dany is now officially the mad Queen. Laying waste and burning the innocents was incredible. The aftermath of this is going to be awesome. Do they execute Jon, throw him and everyone else in chains? Tyrion is a dead man to. Sansa will need to start preparing for Battle - hello Vale.

Loved the scene between the Hound and Arya. Wished he would've made it out with her. They're so great together.
Well said. I disagree only with the Hound. It was a perfect end with Arya. You come with me in there and you will die. Unreal.

The descent started earlier though. She killed those dudes in Meereen and then the Tarlys and such. She had always been a little mad with the dragon mother thing and her relative invincibility.

Before this season I wasn't ready for Game of Thrones to end. It seemed like there was so much story left to tell and I wasn't sure how they were going to pay off story lines that had been building from the very beginning.

Well that was a stupid assumption of mine that they would actually do that.

I'm glad the show is over next Sunday. I feel like I've been watching one show for 7+ years and now this season I'm watching a different one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom