GoT Season 8 | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

GoT Season 8

What will happen in the south? Just wait it out and let the north fight it out, then slaughter whatever is left immediately after the battle?

I feel they may get forced into action, quite possibly on the doorstep of King’s Landing.

What will happen in the south? Just wait it out and let the north fight it out, then slaughter whatever is left immediately after the battle?

I feel they may get forced into action, quite possibly on the doorstep of King’s Landing.
Dany does have the vision of the iron throne and red keep completely destroyed and snow falling earlier in the books/series. Very realistic possibility.

Dany does have the vision of the iron throne and red keep completely destroyed and snow falling earlier in the books/series. Very realistic possibility.

Good call. Had forgotten that scene, but it seemed significant at the time.

Varys and Melisandre... two more characters that will have a role in all this somewhere.

Not an enlightening post, but I’m getting impatient for Sunday.

Leak, possible Spoiler below for the next few episodes

Grey Worm, Gendry, Jorah, Beric, Podrick, Varys, Theon, and Jaime die.
Gendry is going to be stabbed by a wight, and will chase Arya through Winterfell.
Jorah will die defending the crypts after a short conversation with Lyanna Mormont.
Jaime is going to be one of the final deaths, while protecting Jon, and Jon will have to re-kill him.
Tyrion is going to see Jon re-kill Jaime from a distance, but will not see Jaime being turned, and only see Jon kill his brother, planting the seeds of Tyrion’s doubt in Jon.
A turned Hodor will lead a group of wights into the godswood after Bran, where Theon and his ironborn will die trying to hold them off.
Before they can reach Bran, Bran will warg into zombie-Hodor and destroy the remaining wights.
The final shot in Ep 3 is going to be the Nights King (who is absent from the battle of Winterfell) flying towards King’s Landing.

Episode 4:

Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Arya, and the Hound travel to Kings Landing.
At Kings Landing the Night King raises his arms and reanimates the bodies of all the soldiers who died in the Battle of the Blackwater. We see them climbing from the harbor and into the streets of Kings Landing.
Along the way Jon and Dany will have an argument, splitting their party in two. Tyrion goes with Dany while Rhaegal, the Hound, and Arya stay with Jon.
The Hound asks Arya how she expects to break into the Red Keep, she hides her face before revealing Jaime’s.
Dany and Tyrion beat the others to Kings Landing, only to find it overrun by millions of wights that have been turned by the Nights King after the reanimated natives kill the local peasants and convert them to wights.
Cersei and her court take refuge in the Red Keep, safe from the wights but effectively trapped. The Golden Company take to the streets to battle the wights.

Episode 5:

Dany, Tyrion and the Golden company face the wights. Jon, Arya, and the Hound arrive during the confusion, and Jon takes to the sky to survey the damage.
Arya and the Hound will infiltrate the Red Keep by letting themselves be captured by the outer guards, while Arya wears Jaime’s face. They are taken before Cersei, and the Hound holds off Robert Strong (GET HYPED) while Arya reveals her true face and kills Cersei.
The Hound is killed in the duel with his former brother, but distracts Robert Strong long enough for Arya to kill him from behind.
Tyrion will devise a plan to save the city by blowing up the rest of the Wildfyre hidden beneath it in the catacombs, but when he does it kills not only wights but most of the human survivors and members of the Golden Company as well.
Jon, Dany, and the Nights King are having a threeway dogfight on dragons above the city when the explosion happens.
Dany’s main target is Jon, not the Night King. Her last quote is “You stole my birthright. You stole my dragon. But you will not steal this victory.” Jon, seeing no other option, kills Dany, causing Longclaw to become Lightbringer and revealing Jon as Azor Ahai.
Jon then kills the Nights King and the remaining wights die with him.

Episode 6:

Davos and a contingent of soldiers from Winterfell arrive in Kings Landing and meet with Jon as the final survivor and the only remaining claimant to the Iron Throne. Davos and Jon walk through the streets, observing the wounded and dead.
Tyrion faces trial for high treason for betraying Jon and destroying the city, and he will be sentenced to death. While Jon doesn’t agree with his sentence, he does his duty and executes Tyrion himself. Before his execution, Tyrion and Jon speak and Tyrion tells Jon to never forget who he is, despite his newfound heritage.
Arya discovers she is pregnant from her encounter with Gendry.
Sansa is named Warden of the North.
Samwell becomes Jon’s Grand Maester.
The final shot of the show is an older Jon stepping onto a balcony above Kings Landing

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't read above, but you may want to add a spoiler tag so people don't accidentally get the season ruined.

Fire women gave it away for me when she started talking about the eye colors of the people Arya will kill. Doesn’t make the episode any less awesome than it was. Loved it from start to finish.

Last edited:
Best episode of anything, ever? I mean... I’m i feel like I fought the battle of winterfell.
I'd say International Assassin, from The Leftovers still has that title for me but they're just so different I have a really hard time comparing them.

Gotta say Jon Snow was a failure in this episode.
Riding the dragon and then charging the NK stupidly.
MVPs were Arya and Lyanna.
Glad Lyanna was barely a wight before Arya did her thing.
Glad both dragons survived. RIP Viscerion.
Theon, Edd, and Jorah all had memorable ends.
Lady in Red redeemed herself before taking off the necklace.

Gotta say Jon Snow was a failure in this episode.
Riding the dragon and then charging the NK stupidly.
MVPs were Arya and Lyanna.
Glad Lyanna was barely a wight before Arya did her thing.
Glad both dragons survived. RIP Viscerion.
Theon, Edd, and Jorah all had memorable ends.
Frankly surprised the death toll was so light for bigger characters. I thought Grey Worm was going to sacrifice himself covering the retreat at the beginning.

So much for everyone dies...

I think the biggest characters lost were Lady Mormont, Jorah Mormont, Baerick, Melisandre, Theon, and 2 (?) dragons.

Really cool visuals (and I'm gonna give a warning that I'll be an insufferable book fan-boy here) but that episode was pretty predictable as it moved forward. I hope GRRM finishes the books -- I really don't want the show to be the ending to this series.

You couldn’t see much. Not a single white walker fight let alone with a main character? Where was Ghost the whole time? Main characters were on the front line to start, were surrounded every time shown on screen within the castle to only be miraculously not be the next time we see them, yet they were the only survivors? When the battle was written to be so one sided, you can’t also have so many people not die. No logic at all.

Build up a character for damn near a decade for this?
I'm so glad they resolved it this week. You know the Night King isn't going to win, so there's really not that much tension in it. Now the real ending can begin.

Edit: Not that there wasn't any tension, there was plenty of it. Just in terms of who might die before it was over, but you knew the Army of the Dead wasn't coming out with a win over the living so there was no point in dragging it on any further.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom