Gotta say Kaiser is right about the CFB playoffs the Big XII is in trouble | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Gotta say Kaiser is right about the CFB playoffs the Big XII is in trouble

All that I've been saying is: I'd feel better if I cared about winning a national championship as ND, BYU, B12 team IF I played a 12th game for s conference title.

I don't think that's a debatable point.

ND has made the calculation that not being part of a conference will not work against them. I, and many pundits, agree with them. Kirk Herbstriet, Desmond Howard, Sean McDonough and Gary Danielson would also disagree with you.

Ha! Yeah, clearly that's what I was saying.

In the p5, 12 > 11

Better?

Please point me in the direction of where it is stated that a P5 conference is designated as having the nod over a non- P5 conference. Thanks in advance for your response but in the interest of time I can help you. None exists.

Please point me in the direction of where it is stated that a P5 conference is designated as having the nod over a non- P5 conference. Thanks in advance for your response but in the interest of time I can help you. None exists.
maybe the non-P5s have made a calculation that not being a P5 will not work against them. i and many pundits, dont agree with that.

there is a LOT of people out there who dont think nd should be #4 right now, as well as many who do.

lets get closer and see how this is shaking out...

maybe the non-P5s have made a calculation that not being a P5 will not work against them. i and many pundits, dont agree with that.

there is a LOT of people out there who dont think nd should be #4 right now, as well as many who do.

lets get closer and see how this is shaking out...

No problem with that. To be clear I am not predicting anything when it comes to the outcomes of these games. Anything can and will happen.

I am sure there are plenty of people that don't think they deserve #4 and it's certainly a very debatable point. I just haven't seen any of them say they will get bumped by another one loss team. Which has been my point all along.

TheCusian keeps referencing these special rules for the P5 conferences. They don't exist.

No problem with that. To be clear I am not predicting anything when it comes to the outcomes of these games. Anything can and will happen.

I am sure there are plenty of people that don't think they deserve #4 and it's certainly a very debatable point. I just haven't seen any of them say they will get bumped by another one loss team. Which has been my point all along.

TheCusian keeps referencing these special rules for the P5 conferences. They don't exist.
well, if oklahoma runs through baylor, tcu and okie st...your theory of nd, eyeballs and bidding...will be put to the test.

whoever said the F4 has made for a great november...was dead nuts on.

well, if oklahoma runs through baylor, tcu and okie st...your theory of nd, eyeballs and bidding...will be put to the test.

whoever said the F4 has made for a great november...was dead nuts on.

If ND is bumped by a one loss team OU would be the likely candidate imo. But that loss to the real Bevo is hanging over OU like a dark cloud. ND crushed Bevo and their lone blemish is to #1.

No doubt joining the ACC was a no-brainer for SU and I will always be grateful to TGD for doing that, regardless of the other things that when down when he was the AD. But let's not criticize a school for not joining a conference because of money and reserve for ourselves the purity of leaving a conference we helped establish under the idea that money was not the main reason.
Money? I would say "survival" is the proper term.

bpo57 said:
ND has made the calculation that not being part of a conference will not work against them. I, and many pundits, agree with them. Kirk Herbstriet, Desmond Howard, Sean McDonough and Gary Danielson would also disagree with you.

Yeah. Same math B12 used last year. Good luck with that calculation.

bpo57 said:
No problem with that. To be clear I am not predicting anything when it comes to the outcomes of these games. Anything can and will happen. I am sure there are plenty of people that don't think they deserve #4 and it's certainly a very debatable point. I just haven't seen any of them say they will get bumped by another one loss team. Which has been my point all along. TheCusian keeps referencing these special rules for the P5 conferences. They don't exist.

Read the thread. Alsacs already listed a rule that stated conference championships will be considered. Add that to last years OSU jumping Baylor/TCU.

Writings on the wall.

Read the thread. Alsacs already listed a rule that stated conference championships will be considered. Add that to last years OSU jumping Baylor/TCU.

Writings on the wall.

Conference championship was one of several criteria. To get selected to the F4 a team will need to do more than that. How about UNC currently ranked 23rd -if they beat Clemson (certainly possible) do they climb all the way into the top 4? There are so many scenarios that can take place and many of them will turn your theory into dust.

That defense is probably the 33rd best in the country right now. Only the 32 that play on Sunday are better.
2 unbelievable stats about the Alabama defense vs. Fournette (assuming the talking heads got it right):
  • He did not break a single tackle.
  • On the 19 carries he had, 14 different Alabama players registered a tackle.
Who has that kind of defensive talent and depth?

2 unbelievable stats about the Alabama defense vs. Fournette (assuming the talking heads got it right):
  • He did not break a single tackle.
  • On the 19 carries he had, 14 different Alabama players registered a tackle.
Who has that kind of defensive talent and depth?

Nobody. The only way to have any success against them is through the air. Nobody can consistently run on them at this point. I wonder if they climb over Clemson - not that it matters that much.

bpo57 said:
Conference championship was one of several criteria. To get selected to the F4 a team will need to do more than that. How about UNC currently ranked 23rd -if they beat Clemson (certainly possible) do they climb all the way into the top 4? There are so many scenarios that can take place and many of them will turn your theory into dust.

Right. It's in the criteria. Since it doesn't apply to ND, BYU, and the B12 - you might call it an advantage. I didn't say it invalidates other criteria.

If a one loss team win a conference championship such as UNC they'd have a win over #1 and a conference championship on their ledger. 2 things ND won't have. Not to mention a 12th game.

So ND: no conference championship, 11 wins, 1 loss to Clemson
UNC: conference championship, 12 wins, 1 loss to a bad SEC team, win vs #1 Clemson

Not as clear cut as you'd think. I think come Tues, you'll see UNC in the 10-12 spot.

Right. It's in the criteria. Since it doesn't apply to ND, BYU, and the B12 - you might call it an advantage. I didn't say it invalidates other criteria.

If a one loss team win a conference championship such as UNC they'd have a win over #1 and a conference championship on their ledger. 2 things ND won't have. Not to mention a 12th game.

So ND: no conference championship, 11 wins, 1 loss to Clemson
UNC: conference championship, 12 wins, 1 loss to a bad SEC team, win vs #1 Clemson

Not as clear cut as you'd think. I think come Tues, you'll see UNC in the 10-12 spot.

Well for sure UNC should have been higher ranked than 23. I could see them beating Clemson but that loss to SC will haunt them.

It can potentially be an advantage to win your conference championship but it's a long way from a deal-breaker for ND. And of course the conference title game can also ruin somebody's chances too.

bpo57 said:
Well for sure UNC should have been higher ranked than 23. I could see them beating Clemson but that loss to SC will haunt them. It can potentially be an advantage to win your conference championship but it's a long way from a deal-breaker for ND. And of course the conference title game can also ruin somebody's chances too.

That's where we disagree. It's always an advantage when comparing a 1 loss ND/BYU/B12 team to a 1 loss p5 conf champ.

Enough to overcome other criteria? Don't know, but I'd rather have that on my ledger than not.

That's where we disagree. It's always an advantage when comparing a 1 loss ND/BYU/B12 team to a 1 loss p5 conf champ.

Enough to overcome other criteria? Don't know, but I'd rather have that on my ledger than not.

To be honest I think it will be a moot point this year. I'm pretty sure there won't be four P5 conference champs with zero or one loss.

Baylor's about to lose. Looks like the Big 12's only shot is Okie St.

Baylor's about to lose. Looks like the Big 12's only shot is Okie St.
If Oklahoma wins out, I think they're in the conversation, as they would have road wins vs. Baylor and Okie St.

If Oklahoma wins out, I think they're in the conversation, as they would have road wins vs. Baylor and Okie St.

Their one loss was to Texas on a neutral field. Not that different from Bama's one loss to Ole Miss at home.

It looks like things might be breaking right for Nd, but they don't deserve it, their schedule is putrid.