Class of 2020 - Grad OL Codie Hornsby (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/13/2024) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Grad OL Codie Hornsby (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/13/2024)

hornsby.jpg

Article from January 6, 2022

Offensive lineman Codie Hornsby announced he was transferring to Grambling State this week after leaving Delaware State following two seasons.

Hornsby is one of two linemen that have said they were transferring to Grambling in recent weeks.

Hornsby, a 6-foot-3, 280-pound lineman from Dallas, played at Skyline where he had 40 pancake blocks his senior year.

Hornsby will have three years of eligibility left at Grambling.

Last edited:
Just looking quickly at his film, I was really impressed. He is very athletic. Moves really well, gets to linebackers 10 feet away with little problem. They pull with him a lot to take advantage of his mobility.

Very strong, often just overpowers his man backwards on running plays. And his nimble feet serve him well on passing plays.

He is listed at 6’3, 315 pounds. Film shows him playing OG exclusively. At least on the plays I watched.

Did not make any all conference team, which seems crazy. But we all know those things are popularity contests and bad teams tend to be underrepresented. Grambling went 5-6 in 2023.

Seems more polished than Witherspoon, though I also like him. Hope we get him but with Moeolo, Ellis, Witherspoon, Miller, Bradford and More as likely OGs, man, it looks like a crowded house for interior OL for 2024. Josh Ilaoa has played OG and C so far. I believe he and Bradford at the least have already secured numbers for next season, so I would guess they are likely returning. Could see Ilaoa being penciled in as the backup center. More could definitely play OT and maybe even center. Something has to give.

CODIE HORNSBY PORTAL FROM GRAMBLING STATE
# 54 IOL/ 6' 3" 315/ 4.9 40/> YOU HAVE TO WATCH LEGACY'S "FIRST CLASS PROSPECTS FILM" TO APPRECIATE THIS PLAYER<
images (51).jpg

INFORMATION FROM FILM PROVIDED:
THE IMPORTANCE OFTHE 40 YARD DASH

UPDATED 3/1/2024
THE IMPORTANCE OFTHE 40 YARD DASH

It is primarily run to evaluate the speed and acceleration of American football players by coaches and scouts particularly for the NFL Draft but also for collegiate recruiting. A player's recorded time for every position can have a heavy impact on his prospects in college or professional football.

OK = 5.0 - 5.99

>>OK! = 4.9 - 4.99<< 4.9 6'3" 315!

FAIR= 4.8 - 4.89

GOOD= 4.7 - 4.79

FAST= 4.6 - 4.69

FAST!= 4.5 - 4.59

VERY FAST= 4.4 - 4.49 > WHERE EVERY RB, WR, AND ALL DB’S WANT THEIR TIME TO BE AT COLLEGE GAME TIME OR AT THE COMBINE

ELITE = 4.0 - 4.39 > SOME OF OUR OFFERED RECRUITS AND COMMITS ARE HERE NOW

>>>> VERY AGILE
VERY MOBILE
4.9 40
VERY STRONG
BULLDOZER KNOCKS DL'MAN BACKWARDS AND AT TIMES PANCAKES
GREAT FEET USED IN PASSING SITUATIONS
ABSOLUTE PASS PROTECTOR
PLAYS ANGRY/NASTY
SPIN PULL GUARD
GREAT FOOTWORK
NO ONE GETS TO HIS QB
GRAD TRANSFER 2YRS LEFT
GREAT ATHLETE

Two-way standout lineman at Skyline HS …helped lead team to a district championship as a senior in 2019 … credited with 40 pancake blocks as an offensive lineman during senior season … recorded 48 tackles, including 18 behind the line-of-scrimmage, and eight sacks.

Article from January 6, 2022

Offensive lineman Codie Hornsby announced he was transferring to Grambling State this week after leaving Delaware State following two seasons.

Hornsby is one of two linemen that have said they were transferring to Grambling in recent weeks.

Hornsby, a 6-foot-3, 280-pound lineman from Dallas, played at Skyline where he had 40 pancake blocks his senior year.

Hornsby will have three years of eligibility left at Grambling.

Delaware state you say…..I guess Devin Redd must have some insight into Codie’s abilities… :)

Grambling played LSU Sept 9th. I wasn’t able to find any video on that but would be curious to see how he performed. They got completely demolished so maybe a bad example all around though lol

Wouldn't mind bringing him aboard and how about the kid from Georgia, Linsdberg OT also went in portal recently? I believe he was a backup)2 deep. Could.be a good one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom