Grad Transfers 2018 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Grad Transfers 2018

Kiy Hester is your starting safety. He was All-Big 10
It'll be interesting to see what the staff does regarding safeties. Do they think they have enough depth, or will they get help again?

With grad transfers on the rise, I wonder if we'll start to see coaches redshirt guys less often.

With grad transfers on the rise, I wonder if we'll start to see coaches redshirt guys less often.
My guess is no as a lot of the kids that are grad transfers are doing it because of lack of playing time at their previous school. Not all of them will make it to a P5/D1 school.

LeMoyneCuse wouldn't Brandon Tiassum be smart to do a regular transfer from ND this year if he's not playing at ND anyway. Get into a program and then the transfer year would not count against his eligibility based on potential new rules?

Same thing happened to Gus Edwards last year. I'm not sure how it makes sense that any school can block someone who has graduated from playing elsewhere.
Congrats, Miami. The most chickensplat program in the country. No stones.

Unfortunately this is something that needs to be changed as Miami isn't the only program that restricts graduate transfers. SU does the same thing.

Unfortunately this is something that needs to be changed as Miami isn't the only program that restricts graduate transfers. SU does the same thing.
Mark Richt just shouldn't publicly champion for kid's to have freedom to transfer anywhere when his proven philosophy is directly contradicting that..

That's the only thing that bothers me.

I personally believe Grad Transfers have earned the right to do as they wish and shouldn't be held hostage by grown men worried about competitive advantages.

Mark Richt just shouldn't publicly champion for kid's to have freedom to transfer anywhere when his proven philosophy is directly contradicting that..

I personally believe Grad Transfers have earned the right to do as they wish and shouldn't be held hostage by grown men worried about competitive advantages.
And by competitive advantages you mean $$$

I agree. I see the NLI as a contract and when the graduating student athlete has met the obligations of the contract they should have a full release without restrictions. Is there anything in the NLI that gives the school the power to place restrictions on their release if they have graduated. If there is that needs to be remove from the NLI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom