Grad Transfers 2018 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Grad Transfers 2018

I agree. I see the NLI as a contract and when the graduating student athlete has met the obligations of the contract they should have a full release without restrictions. Is there anything in the NLI that gives the school the power to place restrictions on their release if they have graduated. If there is that needs to be remove from the NLI.
When someone challenges that in court with the Messerschmidt/McNally reserve clause ruling, I thing all the restrictions would be thrown out.

I don't know what defensive system Northern Illinois plays, but if we need a grad transfer linebacker, this guy is available.
Yes Please!
- Lead the team in INT and Fumbles Forced, 2nd in tackles. Base system is a 4-3 at NIU as is our Tampa-2 system. Their's seems to be a bit more aggressive system out of the formation but the turnover numbers scream Dino Ball!

Not sure Cam would challenge to start. He would be a quality backup though...not sure he gets an offer.

Is Dayall Harris allowed to transfer here if he wants? can you transfer within acc? miami not on our schedule

Is Dayall Harris allowed to transfer here if he wants? can you transfer within acc? miami not on our schedule

Schools CAN block grad transfers in the ACC (see - Edwards, Gus) and we release players to any school unless they are on our schedule. However, I see no reason to block Dayall to 'Cuse other than Richt being a jackass

Any transfer, grad or undergraduate, can be blocked from transferring to a particular school if it is stipulated in their release.

It's been done. There's no overarching rule on Grad Transfers. For example, there's been a bunch of PAC-12 to PAC-12 grad transfers this year.

Isn't this just like Gus Edwards last year? I know he was a grad transfer but they blocked him to us. Maybe it strictly because we were on their schedule for the year.

Just read that article...so this guy is a 3 year graduate and should technically have 2 more years of playing time. Seems like a great pickup if we can get him.

Isn't this just like Gus Edwards last year? I know he was a grad transfer but they blocked him to us. Maybe it strictly because we were on their schedule for the year.
I believe Miami’s issue with Gus to us was the fact we were on their schedule and they didn’t want their ex-player burning them.
I don’t think they would block Harris to us and I’d love to get an experienced WR

I believe Miami’s issue with Gus to us was the fact we were on their schedule and they didn’t want their ex-player burning them.
I don’t think they would block Harris to us and I’d love to get an experienced WR
another factor any team allowing an in conference transfer is, if you aren't playing that team does it actually help you to feed a good player to someone who plays a cross division game against one of your divisional opponents...?

Important question for this thread. Is the 4 game redshirt rule retroactive?

This could potentially give some grad transfers 2 years and some who thought they were done 1 year for a grad transfer.

Important question for this thread. Is the 4 game redshirt rule retroactive?

This could potentially give some grad transfers 2 years and some who thought they were done 1 year for a grad transfer.
I'm already seeing a huge rise in the number of 2 year guys. Guys are getting ahead or taking easier majors to get a degree in 3 years.

I'm already seeing a huge rise in the number of 2 year guys. Guys are getting ahead or taking easier majors to get a degree in 3 years.
I read one article somewhere that touched on that and it said no, it will not be retroactive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom