Grant gone according to inside source. | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Grant gone according to inside source.

Grant is gone. Looking at Kaleb, Cooney, (Gbinje/Roberson), McCullough, Rak (Coleman) next year. Kind of reminds me of Todd Burgan's Sr. year when they lost to Oklahoma State. Win games they should win. Win games they shouldn't win. Lose games they should win. Lose games they should lose. 1 blow out loss (E.g. Michigan that year). Maybe surprise some folks. Sweet 16 is the goal. Anything more is gravy. Anything less is expected.
wat

As opposed to 'could be one of the worst', I would substitute 'has the biggest question marks' in recent memory. I have learned not to underestimate what JAB does with teams from which not much is expected. I agree with everything else you say.

This. And I would add that the last third of our season had an offense so painful to watch that I really would be fine with a ten loss season offset by an exciting transition game.

This. And I would add that the last third of our season had an offense so painful to watch that I really would be fine with a ten loss season offset by an exciting transition game.

Amen.

Burgan's senior year was the year they went to the sweet 16 and lost to Duke. The year they lost to Ok.State was the first round and that was the year after Burgan left when Blackwell / Thomas / Hart were juniors. I only correct because those two teams goals are very different, so I would be interested in the clarification.

I remember that game. Was in grad school and watching on west coast time. Gottlieb I believe was their PG.

OrangeTarheel said:

Not you personally but 10 losses would turn into a dumpster fire here as players and coaches would get blasted for having a non SU type year and pissing away talent and lamenting whether we were NCAA worthy.

rrlbees said:
Not you personally but 10 losses would turn into a dumpster fire here as players and coaches would get blasted for having a non SU type year and pissing away talent and lamenting whether we were NCAA worthy.

I was thinking something like 22-10 with Grant, 20-12 without him.

Sadly, it has gotten to the point where being ready to play in the NBA, and being draftable in the first round, are almost unrelated.

And that is why I am starting to sour on the college game, we shouldn't have to even worry about Ennis and Grant not coming back next year. It is beyond sad what has happened to this sport.

I'm resigned to 2014-15 being a "transition" year. I'm okay with it as long as it results in a National Championship in 2016.

Seattle Seahawks were full of youth and inexperience in 2012. They sneaked into the playoffs resulting on a good platform to build on for the following season. Of course it resulted in a Super Bowl win the next year. That's the trajectory I want to see out of SU basketball between the Fall of 2014 and March/April of 2016.

See, but next year was supposed to be "The Year" - before Ennis and maybe Grant decided to leave. You can't count on kids waiting until they're ready.

See, but next year was supposed to be "The Year" - before Ennis and maybe Grant decided to leave. You can't count on kids waiting until they're ready.

Funny how Wisconsin's Kaminsky and Dekker both immediately said they're coming back. Both of those guys can play and they have NBA marketable skills, particularly Kaminsky. Those guys get a lot less TV exposure than our guys, maybe their heads are screwed on tighter because they don't spend so much time hearing how great they are. Don't know, just sayin...

The frustrating thing for me as a fan, is now we have guys leaving that haven't even been that good yet. Clearly Grant has been good for us but no where near great. It was one thing when a guy had a spectacular season and then left, but now just as a guy is about to get that good he's gone. It makes it hard to cheer for a guy to get better. It's as if I want them to suck so they'll stick around, or completely blow up so I can enjoy one great year before we lose them. Seeing a guy that's just shy of becoming great and leaving before we can watch it, sucks.

I'm resigned to 2014-15 being a "transition" year. I'm okay with it as long as it results in a National Championship in 2016.

Seattle Seahawks were full of youth and inexperience in 2012. They sneaked into the playoffs resulting on a good platform to build on for the following season. Of course it resulted in a Super Bowl win the next year. That's the trajectory I want to see out of SU basketball between the Fall of 2014 and March/April of 2016.
The sad thing is college basketball is becoming a constant transition season. The only way it's not a transition year, is if you get a transcendent freshman or two to team with some seasoned solid veterans that lack a high ceiling and make a long run.

Funny how Wisconsin's Kaminsky and Dekker both immediately said they're coming back. Both of those guys can play and they have NBA marketable skills, particularly Kaminsky. Those guys get a lot less TV exposure than our guys, maybe their heads are screwed on tighter because they don't spend so much time hearing how great they are. Don't know, just sayin...
'sconny gonna be scary good next year if Dekker/Kaminsky follow through on their post-game vow. Nigel Hayes is gonna be a beast and that Koennig kid really showed something in the Kentucky game - and they got other solid players (Jackson, Duken) returning as well.

We lost 10 games last year and UConn this year has lost at least that many I believe

Here is your source:

@JasonSpears_301 Apr 5
Multiple sources have told me Jerami Grant will announce he's entering the NBA Draft on Tuesday or Wednesday. He's not even close to ready.

This guy is followed by a lot of credible Syracuse basketball names so he's not some nobody

Pat Kelly said:
Here is your source: @JasonSpears_301 Apr 5 Multiple sources have told me Jerami Grant will announce he's entering the NBA Draft on Tuesday or Wednesday. He's not even close to ready. This guy is followed by a lot of credible Syracuse basketball names so he's not some nobody

Tomorrow is when his father is suppose to be here to talk with JB.

Btw, that tweet was made a day after the OP.

Here is your source:

@JasonSpears_301 Apr 5
Multiple sources have told me Jerami Grant will announce he's entering the NBA Draft on Tuesday or Wednesday. He's not even close to ready.

This guy is followed by a lot of credible Syracuse basketball names so he's not some nobody

Ive never heard of the guy

I don't understand what people are getting so worked up about. This scenario is the same at all the top tier programs. If you recruit elite level players they are going to leave early for the NBA. That's just the reality of college basketball for a top 10 program. This has has happened to SU for at least 5 years straight now if my memory serves me correctly. This is the norm get used to it.
Unless you're Yukon.

Followed by Syracuse Basketball, Sean Keeley, CJ Fair, etc.

I haven't heard of him either, but that's the best I found.

I had followed him for a while. He just tweets all the time. He has never come out with any inside info before.

Not saying he is wrong... but mutiple sources from him doesnt mean much to me.

And that is why I am starting to sour on the college game, we shouldn't have to even worry about Ennis and Grant not coming back next year. It is beyond sad what has happened to this sport.
Selfish bastard! Who are you to judge?! You call yourself a fan?! These are kids! Their moms read this forum!

/sarcasm

I had followed him for a while. He just tweets all the time. He has never come out with any inside info before.

Not saying he is wrong... but mutiple sources from him doesnt mean much to me.
Same thing I was thinking when I looked at his twitter... this guy doesn't stop tweeting ever...

Here is your source:

@JasonSpears_301 Apr 5

Gilardino's post was dated Friday April 4. Spears' tweet came 24 hours later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom