Grant gone according to inside source. | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Grant gone according to inside source.

FWIW, I heard Grant's parents aren't happy with the way his injuries were handled. This could be a huge factor in his decision.

Did the training staff clear Grant to play before he was ready, or was Grant so excited to get back into action that he lied to the staff about his pain level?

FWIW, I heard Grant's parents aren't happy with the way his injuries were handled. This could be a huge factor in his decision.

As in JB does not use his bench at all and forced Grant to play too early without recovering? What else is new.

where did you hear it from? Maybe its true but before this thread goes on another tangent I'd love to see who the source was.

So am I the only one who is skeptical of this whole Grant is gone idea. Where is the proof? Sure he could go and it would not surprise me, but this seems to be a but over the top reaction to a "Twitter source" which could be the worst source of info on the planet.

If it was Bleacher Report or Wikipedia then those would be the worst

I may get punched in the throat for saying it... and I love JG's athleticism and ability, but there is a part of me that kind of likes the idea of having a "fresh start" with our forwards next season. Maybe Roberson, Johnson, McCullough and Silent G can bring some elements to the game that CJ and Jeremi could not, mainly a little more versatility putting the ball on the floor and stretching to the outside a little. I think the possibility (certainly not a guarantee) is exciting.

I may get punched in the throat for saying it... and I love JG's athleticism and ability, but there is a part of me that kind of likes the idea of having a "fresh start" with our forwards next season. Maybe Roberson, Johnson, McCullough and Silent G can bring some elements to the game that CJ and Jeremi could not, mainly a little more versatility putting the ball on the floor and stretching to the outside a little. I think the possibility (certainly not a guarantee) is exciting.

Although I am not entirely sure why, I feel the same way.

The lose of Ennis, Grant, Fair, Baye and maybe DC seems like it will lend itself to having to play lots of guys and combinations early in the season for JB to figure out exactly what he has. I like the thought of throwing the young guys out there and "turning them loose." The offense really could not be any worse, could it? The competition in practice for time will be intense. The chemistry should be good.

Let's see what these kids bring to the table. And, historically, JB was done some of his best work in similar situations.

where did you hear it from? Maybe its true but before this thread goes on another tangent I'd love to see who the source was.
That's why I prefaced my comment with "FWIW".

Btw, my source said it has more to do with Jerami's knee than his back which caught me off guard. I had no idea that his knee was bothering him. Hopefully my source is off on this one...but he's never been wrong to date.

I remember Grant thanking one of the trainers on twitter for getting him healthy and back on the court. Go figure.

As in JB does not use his bench at all and forced Grant to play too early without recovering? What else is new.
Grant didn't have a significant injury so don't put this one on the coaching staff. It was his parents that kept him out of the games. They totally baby the kid.

i myself gotta wonder a bit about our medical staff. why the hell was DCII on the court after sitting out so long for 5 measly mop up minutes just before they announce season ending surgery?

This thread is just plain nuts....this board is the only source that is saying he has declared for the NBA.

As for his injuries that what is being printed here is only sophomoric speculation.

The only thing I can add that is true is that other players have gone outside of this medical staff and have gotten second opinions and surgeries for said injuries.

This thread is just plain nuts...this board is the only source that is saying he has declared for the NBA.

As for his injuries that what is being printed here is only sophomoric speculation.

The only thing I can add that is true is that other players have gone outside of this medical staff and have gotten second opinions and surgeries for said injuries.
They should -just like we all should get 2nd opinions.

Last edited:
No one is angry. It's disappointment. We're SU fans. We want SU to win a lot of games. Without Grant, they figure to win less games. Simple.

And this isn't the pros. If you can figure out whose going to spell McCullough for minutes at power forward next year, let me know.

I assume Roberson and Johnson or maybe Gbinije would be the forwards in that case. We've got plenty of guys. It's jsut that they will be young. And, again, only one of them will be a point guard.

I assume Roberson and Johnson or maybe Gbinije would be the forwards in that case. We've got plenty of guys. It's jsut that they will be young. And, again, only one of them will be a point guard.

How? I assume if Grant is gone Roberson will have to start with McCullough. No matter what people think XMAS will be playing center 30+ minutes per game next year (if no foul trouble).

Silent G will have to get guard minutes so we only have Johnson really as backup forward. Yeeesh.

If Grant goes, then next year JB has to be able to develop players due to relative inexperience (other than Rak/Cooney/G). Right? That in itself should make for an interesting season to observe, no matter how they do.

If Grant goes, then next year JB has to be able to develop players due to relative inexperience (other than Rak/Cooney/G). Right? That in itself should make for an interesting season to observe, no matter how they do.

Right. He'll be forced to. Should be interesting to observe for sure like you say.

I think it'll be fun watch the young guys develop next year if Grant leaves. There would be lots of potential to grow as the season goes on. It's a great opportunity for a guy like Cooney or Gbinije to be leaders and the three sons to step up.

No Grant for Syracuse next year means I think we will be like the 2008 Syracuse Orange. Johnny Flynn, Donte Greene, Scoop Jardine, Rick Jackson Fr, Paul Harris, Andy Rautins(redshirted) Arinze Onuaku So, Kristiof Onegnaut, Eric Devendorf Jr, Josh Wright Sr.

That team like next year had a lot of young unproven talent. That team would have made the tournament with the First Four like we have now. I think we will be better than that 2008 team, but we will struggle they did at times as well.

You guys are incredible.

Joseph, Patterson, Cooney, Johnson, Gbinije, Roberson, McCullough, Rak, Obokoh and Coleman.

How the hell is that a bad team.

In theory no. But like SWC said there is one PG and then a bunch of guys who are unproven, limited offensive abilities, handles, etc. We don't know. It's certainly valid to question how good or bad they will be. By now we should've learned that recruiting rankings usually don't mean much.

Last edited:
No Grant for Syracuse next year means I think we will be like the 2008 Syracuse Orange. Johnny Flynn, Donte Greene, Scoop Jardine, Rick Jackson Fr, Paul Harris, Andy Rautins(redshirted) Arinze Onuaku So, Kristiof Onegnaut, Eric Devendorf Jr, Josh Wright Sr.

That team like next year had a lot of young unproven talent. That team would have made the tournament with the First Four like we have now. I think we will be better than that 2008 team, but we will struggle they did at times as well.

Rautins ... torn ACL. Missed entire season
Devo ... torn ACL. Missed most of season.
Scoop ... broken foot. When he wasn't suspended.
Josh Wright ... quit after 4 games.

They blew a 21 point lead to UMass in the NIT.

Are you sure you want to be like the 2008 team?

How? I assume if Grant is gone Roberson will have to start with McCullough. No matter what people think XMAS will be playing center 30+ minutes per game next year (if no f (unoul trouble).

Silent G will have to get guard minutes so we only have Johnson really as backup forward. Yeeesh.
If no Grant next year I think G will have to play more 3 than 2 (unless BJ makes big jump) - with Roberson/Mc switching off at the 4

That team struggled for the most part because they didn't play defense a lick. That was the team that begged JB play man to man. I think next year we could have a high ceiling. The offensive potential I'd there. Will they play defense? That we will have to find out, but I like the shooting potential with Cooney, johnson, Patterson and g next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom