Class of 2016 - Grant Mullins (Grad Transfer) to California | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Grant Mullins (Grad Transfer) to California

Andrew Dakich, who played minutes for them this year, is a walk-on.

Do they award him a scholarship? Or do they pursue a 5th year player and award him a scholarship?

That's the dilemma they are facing now.

Ooooof, Dawkins transferring really helps Michigan with Mullins. They've still got Irvin, Walton Jr, Muhammed Ali, Robinson and Chatman returning on the perimeter. They also have a top 100 PG and a SG coming in as freshmen. Not sure there's a ton of PT available for him, even with UM playing a ton of 3 and 4 guard lineups...

Andrew Dakich, who played minutes for them this year, is a walk-on.

Do they award him a scholarship? Or do they pursue a 5th year player and award him a scholarship?

That's the dilemma they are facing now.
Andrew is Dan Dakich's son. Has only scored 22 points in 3 years on the Michigan roster. I am guessing he is not going to get a schollie.

Andrew is Dan Dakich's son. Has only scored 22 points in 3 years on the Michigan roster. I am guessing he is not going to get a schollie.

He did play in 23 games off the bench this season.

But you're probably right. Wish it wasn't the case though!

So Michigan doesn't want to keep Spike Albricht and will go after a 5th year in Grant Mullins?

Beilen is more cutthroat than I thought. Spike has been in his system and his coach is saying go ahead we will take an outsider.

So Michigan doesn't want to keep Spike Albricht and will go after a 5th year in Grant Mullins?

Beilen is more cutthroat than I thought. Spike has been in his system and his coach is saying go ahead we will take an outsider.

Hardly. Albrict was injured and missed the majority of the year, and then indicated to the staff that he wasn't returning. Skuttlebutt in U of M land is that his injuries have robbed him of what little athletic ability he had.

With Albrict suggesting that he wasn't returning, Beilien recruited over him. Only to have Spike reverse course and indicate that he was considering coming back this spring [prior to announcing that he'd seek a transfer]. What was the staff supposed to do at that point--kick a player of scholarship? Tell a recruit that he no longer has a full ride?

Now, I'll agree that it was dumb for Beilien to initially try to restrict which schools Spike could transfer to, but they've lifted those restrictions.

Hardly. Albrict was injured and missed the majority of the year, and then indicated to the staff that he wasn't returning. Skuttlebutt in U of M land is that his injuries have robbed him of what little athletic ability he had.

With Albrict suggesting that he wasn't returning, Beilien recruited over him. Only to have Spike reverse course and indicate that he was considering coming back this spring [prior to announcing that he'd seek a transfer]. What was the staff supposed to do at that point--kick a player of scholarship? Tell a recruit that he no longer has a full ride?

Now, I'll agree that it was dumb for Beilien to initially try to restrict which schools Spike could transfer to, but they've lifted those restrictions.
Some bigtime schools are after Albrict. Kentucky/Louisville/Iowa State/Oklahoma/Indiana/Northwestern. I think the kid most have some game left. Beilien didn't know the kid wasn't returning? I never heard that. I read he injured his hip and asked about a redshrit and Beilien said he was recruiting another PG so a scholarship wasn't going to be there.

Now he left and Beilen removed the restrictions. After national media spoke out about it.

Looked up Columbia stats for Grant Mullins. Have never seen him play. This season averaged 31 minutes/game. 13.3 ppg.
43.9% 3 pt FG% (69/157).
But 83% FT shooter. That alone tells me he's probably not going to SU.

Some bigtime schools are after Albrict. Kentucky/Louisville/Iowa State/Oklahoma/Indiana/Northwestern. I think the kid most have some game left. Beilien didn't know the kid wasn't returning? I never heard that. I read he injured his hip and asked about a redshrit and Beilien said he was recruiting another PG so a scholarship wasn't going to be there.

Now he left and Beilen removed the restrictions. After national media spoke out about it.

I heard it specifically this past weekend from a Michigan booster who follows the program closely.

I would be shocked--literally shocked--if Albrict ends up at schools of that caliber. Buyer beware--they are basing it off of the kid who had a remarkable / memorable 2013 NCAA tournament, not the damaged goods he physically is now.

Looked up Columbia stats for Grant Mullins. Have never seen him play. This season averaged 31 minutes/game. 13.3 ppg.
43.9% 3 pt FG% (69/157).

I saw him play v Brown this year and loved his game. Not going to get the basket often at high major level, or even try, but smart, relatively athletic, and such a smooth stroke.

I heard it specifically this past weekend from a Michigan booster who follows the program closely.

I would be shocked--literally shocked--if Albrict ends up at schools of that caliber. Buyer beware--they are basing it off of the kid who had a remarkable / memorable 2013 NCAA tournament, not the damaged goods he physically is now.
I picture Spike walking in to the coaches office with a cane or walker.

43.9% 3 pt FG% (69/157).

Columbia had a decent team this year with some good players; Maodo Lo, Alex Rosenberg were both very good for them. Mullins was night in night out their best player. Really hoping he comes to Cuse.

The QEW I believe. I recall it resembling a baron waste land.
It seems I have always driven it at night. Kind of eerie to drive for hours and not see a sign of life. Not a single headlight, nothing. It is a great void.

Would be an awesome place for aliens to use as a staging area if there was ever an invasion.

Back to basketball...Beilein says with 3 players transferring out, UM has one opening. He might end up letting Spike stay. I assume it depends on if he can find someone better out there.

Linkage

The QEW I believe. I recall it resembling a baron waste land.

0007218063471_215X215.jpg