Class of 2016 - Grant Mullins (Grad Transfer) to California | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Grant Mullins (Grad Transfer) to California

Here goes some new info that I have on this. So JB felt the visit went really well and that we made a very good representation in terms of selling the academics and bball benefits towards him. Obviously Cal looks tough here, but the staff feels much better about this race than they did probably before.
Hearing the same. FWIW, JB is handling this one himself.

Thanks for sharing, you two.

Fingers crossed...

Here's hoping for an earthquake in SF Monday night. Not too big. My son lives in California, although LA. Just enough to shake a novice. Shake being the operative word here, lol. Didn't even notice until after I typed it.

According to mlive.com Mullins is visiting Michigan on Wednesday.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    173.7 KB · Views: 142
Michigan's Spike Albrecht is looking at SU, among many schools.

Ironic.

El Nino has been kind to us this year. We've had 35 days of 50+ degrees in 2016 so far. Hoping we'll break March's high of 78 in the next few days. :)

Who is this El Nino kid and are we recruiting him??? Is he this hot all the time??

Here's hoping for an earthquake in SF Monday night. Not too big. My son lives in California, although LA. Just enough to shake a novice. Shake being the operative word here, lol. Didn't even notice until after I typed it.
Not sure about that idea - it was a bit exciting for me to experience a 3.6 in New York a few years back.

No one living out here who experienced the 7.1 in SF in 1989 or the 6.7 in Northridge in 94 wishes for an earthquake no matter how minor. I live one mile as the crow flies from the epicenter of the 89 quake. Believe me, your son would not want to experience that or another 6.7 in L.A.

BTW, the LA area has about 10,000 quakes a year, most of which are minor so there's a high likelihood we'll have one when Mullins is out here.

I can tell you that the Cal campus in Berkeley is very cool and so's the town, to say nothing of the ideal weather. I would think that Cuonzo Martin would be a big factor in his decision.

According to this article...

http://www.umhoops.com/2016/04/19/report-grant-mullins-to-visit-michigan-on-wednesday/

...Mullins visited SU last Friday, Cal on Monday, and Michigan on Wednesday. So I'd expect we'd hear something relatively soon about his decision.

By the end of next week as I understand it. This statement, I realize, requires no actual inside info. I do however have a source on this, who has spoken with this kid directly on multiple occasions, not since any of the visits. My source felt he was a Cal or Stanford lean (heavy lean) prior to the visits - Stanford never materialized. I really like this kids game, have watched him several times this year. Would love to see him in Orange, hopefully the visit went really well.

By the end of next week as I understand it. This statement, I realize, requires no actual inside info. I do however have a source on this, who has spoken with this kid directly on multiple occasions, not since any of the visits. My source felt he was a Cal or Stanford lean (heavy lean) prior to the visits - Stanford never materialized. I really like this kids game, have watched him several times this year. Would love to see him in Orange, hopefully the visit went really well.
If its a business school decision, we probably lose. If its a combo, we have a chance. We should be better than Cal next year, as they just lost their stud SF today to the draft. Not sure that matters, as they probably have more playing time available now, but we can hope. The fact that Spike Albrecht is visiting next week, gives me the opinion we are not very confident in this one.

If its a business school decision, we probably lose. If its a combo, we have a chance. We should be better than Cal next year, as they just lost their stud SF today to the draft. Not sure that matters, as they probably have more playing time available now, but we can hope. The fact that Spike Albrecht is visiting next week, gives me the opinion we are not very confident in this one.

That sums it up. Similar to what CraigForth expressed above--it is a pure academic ranking versus the ranking + basketball decision that is what it will ultimately come down to for Mullins. He gets the best of both worlds here [and could actually play a pretty important on-court role, depending on what happens with Malachi], but would have a higher rated academic experience at either Michigan or Cal. All comes down to which final year experience he prefers.

Yeah, count me out on this choice. Chess club champion (small and slow) at the top of the zone, after double-hip surgery. I'll pass.

Yeah, count me out on this choice. Chess club champion (small and slow) at the top of the zone, after double-hip surgery. I'll pass.

I read an article about Albrecht that said he has trouble sleeping at night and sitting in class because of his hips...

dont we have multiple scholies free for next year? do we really expect to use them all?