Great, great win | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Great, great win

Can somebody explain the incident where Fran slammed down his headset and was yelling at one of the assistant coaches? I was listening to radio broadcast synched up to the TV and Matt and Adam didn't mention it, they may have missed it but I saw ACCN replay it.

Villari was fine he got yards with those runs. Our strength is with Kyle slinging it wish we let him chuck it.
I think they just wanted to put that on video to give Pitt nightmarish flashbacks.

Can somebody explain the incident where Fran slammed down his headset and was yelling at one of the assistant coaches? I was listening to radio broadcast synched up to the TV and Matt and Adam didn't mention it, they may have missed it but I saw ACCN replay it.
It was the call about lining up over the center on the FG when our player was lined up in the A gap

I think that followed the penalty on NCS’s field goal turned touchdown.

it looked like a BS call, but Fran reaming out staff for good measure.

We have the better QB up until Miami and even then it’s debatable. BRING ON PITT
I do think NC State is a terrible team. But clean up the mistakes and they can easily be cleaned up, we are scary good.

The defense seems to be getting better, despite the personnel losses.

Oh damn….my bad, universe
I did the same thing a couple years ago on this board and felt terrible once I was informed of his health issues. Now that I understand I really appreciate and enjoy Coach Richt’s insight and presence.

It’s not easy to travel on a 3 hour time difference. Win a game in overtime then travel to Raleigh and go win a game down there. I didn’t get to watch it but I saw we were up 24-7 and pretty much in control. There’s stuff that I don’t like that we do but I chalk it up to inexperience of our coaching staff. These are games in years past we lost. It’s why you guys felt the way you did after the loss against Stanford. We have all witnessed the same song and dance so many times. Nothing about us is perfect. It feels good to be 5-1 and winning games that in years past we lose.

Bottom line is that I don't know, but... Even though SU's 6 games in, I believe Coach Brown might be experimenting, so to speak. I think there have been some collective gasps as a result of some cause and effect situations that were far less than productive, to be kind. He's closer to understanding and mastering the chemistry that is the SU football team, than he was, say... 9 months ago. I've (experimentally) skated on CNY ponds in late fall or early winter and didn't always go home dry... This Coach Fran Brown is winning football games in his first year out, and he's not going home cold and wet - and I'm good with that. It's pretty good; getting to look ahead the way we're looking ahead right now. Positive attitudes and healthy trains of thought... okay by me. Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom