Greetings from Mikulov, Czech Republic | Syracusefan.com

Greetings from Mikulov, Czech Republic

I LOVE Pilsner Urquell! And we can get it here. Maybe I'll pick some up to express solidarity. Oh, and to drink.

I will be paying attention to the game through the game thread tomorrow and I certainly will have a few Pilsner Urquell's too! Go Orange! Beat NC State!
Hola! From Syracuse NY, will be at the game tomorrow drinking Bud Light.

King of Beers!

Greetings from the Statue of Liberty - i'm here with the Festrunk Brothers from Czechoslovakia
latest

I will be paying attention to the game through the game thread tomorrow and I certainly will have a few Pilsner Urquell's too! Go Orange! Beat NC State!

Did Coach Babers send you on a secret, clandestine recruiting trip?

You are really making your way around Europe Bill, just curious have you talked to some people about their thoughts on the Election?

I LOVE Pilsner Urquell! And we can get it here. Maybe I'll pick some up to express solidarity. Oh, and to drink.

Steve;

Pilsner Urquell on draught in Czech Republic is a whole different beer than what we get in bottles in US.

It's still very good, but the stuff in Czech Republic is sublime. Simply the best beer in the world.

You are really making your way around Europe Bill, just curious have you talked to some people about their thoughts on the Election?

Yeah, talk to the Czechs about the almost certain expansion of the German defense budget. The Germans almost free ride is coming to a halt.

try one called cernovar, i had a couple in old town prague, its great but i can't find it in pennsylvania too bad.

when i was in prague in octber they had a pro trump rally with about 50 people down by the river. i was totally shocked that they had a rally for an american election !!!! no matter who was running!!!!

try one called cernovar, i had a couple in old town prague, its great but i can't find it in pennsylvania too bad.
I am heading to Prague in the morning and I will take your advice a few times!

I am heading to Prague in the morning and I will take your advice a few times!
your gonna love old town, i don't reccomend the river cruise, or nuclear bunker tour (communism tour )though.otherwise its fantastic

your gonna love old town, i don't reccomend the river cruise, or nuclear bunker tour (communism tour )though.otherwise its fantastic
We just got to Prague a couple hours ago. We got settled in our hotel and the wife and I ventured out. She is my tour guide here as she has been here about a half a million times. She is also bossy, so I let her lead me around Prague. We had dinner at U Labuti. On Castle Square. We had fillet of beef with dumplings and a wonderful sauce. On top of the beef was cranberry and unsweetened whipped creme. It was fantastic. The kicker was the beer. A draught made for St. Martins Day. Dark, but not to hoppy. .5 liter , but 13.5% alcohol compared to what, 5%? Anyway, very easily will put you away. Then topping it off with shots of pear brandy, yummy. Great meal and was only $38.00. Nice restaurant too. Prague is pretty awesome. I will compare it to Krakow tomorrow. Lots of walking.

We just got to Prague a couple hours ago. We got settled in our hotel and the wife and I ventured out. She is my tour guide here as she has been here about a half a million times. She is also bossy, so I let her lead me around Prague. We had dinner at U Labuti. On Castle Square. We had fillet of beef with dumplings and a wonderful sauce. On top of the beef was cranberry and unsweetened whipped creme. It was fantastic. The kicker was the beer. A draught made for St. Martins Day. Dark, but not to hoppy. .5 liter , but 13.5% alcohol compared to what, 5%? Anyway, very easily will put you away. Then topping it off with shots of pear brandy, yummy. Great meal and was only $38.00. Nice restaurant too. Prague is pretty awesome. I will compare it to Krakow tomorrow. Lots of walking.
thanks for the update---great stuff!!!funny about the wife, so was mine. must be the slovak in her.

thanks for the update---great stuff!!!funny about the wife, so was mine. must be the slovak in her.
When she gets to uppity, because of her height disadvantage to the world, I tell her she is a sawed off little ! All in good fun though.

I remember Old Town, The Clock, Charles Bridge and St Vitus Cathedral as being my favorites. If you are going to Plzen you must stop in at the Pilsner Urquell brewery. In addition to a great beer there is a very nice restaurant.

I remember Old Town, The Clock, Charles Bridge and St Vitus Cathedral as being my favorites. If you are going to Plzen you must stop in at the Pilsner Urquell brewery. In addition to a great beer there is a very nice restaurant.
Yes, It's all good. Walked over the Charles Bridge today. Food and beer is awesome. Saw the John Lennon wall also. Give peace a chance. The commies never would. Lennon, even though he was assassinated out lived communism. Great stuff. Had a new beer here, and was voted best in Europe. Hint of chocolate called Litovel. Really great and I have had way to many!!!!!

Yes, It's all good. Walked over the Charles Bridge today. Food and beer is awesome. Saw the John Lennon wall also. Give peace a chance. The commies never would. Lennon, even though he was assassinated out lived communism. Great stuff. Had a new beer here, and was voted best in Europe. Hint of chocolate called Litovel. Really great and I have had way to many!!!!!
Good times...wish I was there!!!

Prague is not a popular American spot to visit. Most Americans don't get to Europe that often and when we do we have a list of must-see things and places (Rome, Paris, London are in the first tier). And we really are never taught the history of Eastern Europe.

Prague (Praha) is, however, hugely popular with Europeans.

What fascinates me when I get to Prague is the footprint of the Communist world versus the prosperity you see in Western Europe (even Spain and Portugal)

As I recall, Bill's next stop is Dresden. He'll see lots of soviet-era apartment complexes. But because its in Germany (and Germans being Germans) it will be in better shape that the Czech Republic.

Part of this is due to the fact that for the past 15 years, all Germans have paid a tax of 8% of gross income to bring the former East Germany up to the level of the West. (Can you imagine the screaming in the US if all US citizens were asked to pay an additional tax of 8% of gross income to rebuild US Cities?)

My son is 31, single and living the Life of Reilly in Europe. He has visited 60 or so countries and he always goes back to Prague when able. Much cheaper than Germany, awesome beer, friendly to Americans and gorgeous women.

Prague is not a popular American spot to visit. Most Americans don't get to Europe that often and when we do we have a list of must-see things and places (Rome, Paris, London are in the first tier). And we really are never taught the history of Eastern Europe.

Prague (Praha) is, however, hugely popular with Europeans.

What fascinates me when I get to Prague is the footprint of the Communist world versus the prosperity you see in Western Europe (even Spain and Portugal)

As I recall, Bill's next stop is Dresden. He'll see lots of soviet-era apartment complexes. But because its in Germany (and Germans being Germans) it will be in better shape that the Czech Republic.

Part of this is due to the fact that for the past 15 years, all Germans have paid a tax of 8% of gross income to bring the former East Germany up to the level of the West. (Can you imagine the screaming in the US if all US citizens were asked to pay an additional tax of 8% of gross income to rebuild US Cities?)
Correct Townie. Europeans have discovered Prague. Americans go for the flash of the stuff in Rome. Actually, I would rather go to Pompeii and Naples as opposed to Rome. Pompeii ruins are in way better shape than anything in Rome. I have no desire to go to Paris. Just being at the airport there was more than enough for me. I would like to see London though. Someday, Americans will discover places like Prague and Krakow. Both cities are magical and the beer, oh my, the beer!

Correct Townie. Europeans have discovered Prague. Americans go for the flash of the stuff in Rome. Actually, I would rather go to Pompeii and Naples as opposed to Rome. Pompeii ruins are in way better shape than anything in Rome. I have no desire to go to Paris. Just being at the airport there was more than enough for me. I would like to see London though. Someday, Americans will discover places like Prague and Krakow. Both cities are magical and the beer, oh my, the beer!

Many Americans are unable to break away from what they have been told is important. They can't come home without saying they have been through the Louvre (The world's most over-hyped place) or have seen the Coliseum in Rome. (The best Roman ruins I have seen are in the south of France)

I will differ on Paris, my favorite place. There just isn't any city that can compare. History, architecture, boulevards, parks, art, food, wine, shopping, vibrancy. It's busy, but not like Rome. The French have the quality of life thing figured out.

Many Americans are unable to break away from what they have been told is important. They can't come home without saying they have been through the Louvre (The world's most over-hyped place) or have seen the Coliseum in Rome. (The best Roman ruins I have seen are in the south of France)

I will differ on Paris, my favorite place. There just isn't any city that can compare. History, architecture, boulevards, parks, art, food, wine, shopping, vibrancy. It's busy, but not like Rome. The French have the quality of life thing figured out.

To each his own on Paris I guess. Most that I have talked to about it come away with at least one bad episode. My brother nearly got his wallet lifted in a Paris subway. He grabbed the kids arm and just about ripped it out by the sockets. I know this can happen anywhere though. You can watch people get marked by thieves and you can even pick up on when they have you marked. Kind of a game in a way. I watched some kids do this in Florence Italy a couple years ago also. Just no desire to be in France.

Was drinking Pilsner Urquell today. Just say, Pivot prosim! They know what that means!

for me paris was just ok,but that is just me. most people i know Love paris. just seemed like a big city ---however i did appreciate the river tour and the architecture. i totally agree with with your last sentence---nice easy feel there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom