GTech 100% Capacity + Tailgating This Fall | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

GTech 100% Capacity + Tailgating This Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that as well. No way they will accept paper cards. There are a lot of fakes going’s around. The ny vaccine passport uses a digital database that has all the vaccine information which can’t be faked and also has a barcode that can be scanned.

Does it track all states or just NY? PA just giving out paper as far as I knew. Admittedly hadn't looked into anything digital

100 percent in favor of requiring vaccines and just getting this over with.

It'd be great if they expanded the digital pass and used other states. Would make this a non brainer. I'd also think the school could work to verify season ticket holders in advance and just note their tickets.

The one caveat to all of this will be whether all kids will be able to get vaccinated by the fall. At current rate, it looks promising but would be hard to exclude kids under 12. Hopefully moot point.

One thing I know for sure based on the history of NYS and SU when it comes to stuff like this, expect this fall to be an utter mess. Those looking forward to full capacity and tailgating prepare yourself now for the disappointment that is surely coming.

If SU wants to have some sections dedicated to spread out non-vaxxed fans, they'll have plenty of sections to choose from.

This is really about the Clemson game, which we have even more time. Funny thing is that if NYS said we could only go 75% capacity for Rutgers, people would get upset. Without realizing that getting 37k to attend that game would be a miracle in a non-pandemic world.

If SU wants to have some sections dedicated to spread out non-vaxxed fans, they'll have plenty of sections to choose from.

This is really about the Clemson game, which we have even more time. Funny thing is that if NYS said we could only go 75% capacity for Rutgers, people would get upset. Without realizing that getting 37k to attend that game would be a miracle in a non-pandemic world.

Agreed but like most things SU the devil is in the details. Is that 75% with full tailgating, no masks inside and freedom of movement and concessions or is it something similar to what the had for the lax games which will be an absolute non-starter for football.

It also appears NYS weary about going with vaccination only based on Cuomo's comments when the county executive announced it for Bills fans and was immediately rebuked. That's an issue that will have to be settled in court. The best thing for SU would be for something ike you noted 75% capacity or maybe even less but with full pre-covid rules. Expecting SU to try and police vaccinated versus non-vaccinated and check vaccine status for 30K people is a recipe for utter disaster for a school that can't get a name spelled correctly on a retired jersey.

Agreed but like most things SU the devil is in the details. Is that 75% with full tailgating, no masks inside and freedom of movement and concessions or is it something similar to what the had for the lax games which will be an absolute non-starter for football.

It also appears NYS weary about going with vaccination only based on Cuomo's comments when the county executive announced it for Bills fans and was immediately rebuked. That's an issue that will have to be settled in court. The best thing for SU would be for something ike you noted 75% capacity or maybe even less but with full pre-covid rules. Expecting SU to try and police vaccinated versus non-vaccinated and check vaccine status for 30K people is a recipe for utter disaster for a school that can't get a name spelled correctly on a retired jersey.

I wouldn't worry about tailgating. You'll have to get to the Dome 3 hours before the game just to ensure you'll be in your seat for kickoff.

One thing I know for sure based on the history of NYS and SU when it comes to stuff like this, expect this fall to be an utter mess. Those looking forward to full capacity and tailgating prepare yourself now for the disappointment that is surely coming.

the one thing we know for sure because it’s been happening is that as NYS increases capacity or relaxes guidance, SU has lagged behind. They haven’t come close to allowing the number of fans the state allows (not that they would get them for lax). I think even in the future including football season, SU will take a conservative approach.

I've been to a few MLB games (Nats) where the home team is dealing with a heavy handed local government and it ties the experience into needless knots. And in a very well spaced venue. Cuse will have a difficult time if they're putting lots of stipulations on fans in attendance, esp by fall if the country continues on it's normalcy path.

I've been to a few MLB games (Nats) where the home team is dealing with a heavy handed local government and it ties the experience into needless knots. And in a very well spaced venue. Cuse will have a difficult time if they're putting lots of stipulations on fans in attendance, esp by fall if the country continues on it's normalcy path.

Unfortunately, I suspect this will be the case. SU as Bees noted appears to be moving ultra cautiously (which is understandable to a point) and NYS while moving in the right direction is still a ways off from anything what the southern schools are going. I fear they may make attending the fall so arduous people will just stay home.

I wouldn't worry about tailgating. You'll have to get to the Dome 3 hours before the game just to ensure you'll be in your seat for kickoff.

Ya I fully expect tailgating to be prohibited this fall, which will go over as well as a Runner pontificating on Covid. Gonna be a lot of pissed of fans.

As a season ticket holder I’m really hoping they push 100% with proof of vax.

People are dying for live sports and we just finished renovating the Dome.

Have to imagine 2022 season ticket sales will suffer if the University lags the state’s relaxation of covid guidelines and the team has another poor showing in 2021.

Ya I fully expect tailgating to be prohibited this fall, which will go over as well as a Runner pontificating on Covid. Gonna be a lot of pissed of fans.

I would love to be a fly on the wall where they figure out a reason to justify banning tailgating...outside...where people can space as they choose...but then allow 100% in the Dome (which I can't see not happening with 100% being allowed on Broadway).

IMO, yesterday made full systems go in the Fall far more likely. Cuomo and Murphy both are going to do a good once and twice over, but they have made every decision based on CDC guidance, albeit with a few weeks delay in some cases.

They wont stop now.

Now...whether the University goes in lockstep is a different story.

I would love to be a fly on the wall where they figure out a reason to justify banning tailgating...outside...where people can space as they choose...but then allow 100% in the Dome (which I can't see not happening with 100% being allowed on Broadway).

IMO, yesterday made full systems go in the Fall far more likely. Cuomo and Murphy both are going to do a good once and twice over, but they have made every decision based on CDC guidance, albeit with a few weeks delay in some cases.

They wont stop now.

Now...whether the University goes in lockstep is a different story.

I actually think we'll be pleasantly surprised at how things are by August in New York.

Today’s announcement basically ends the speculation that the dome won’t be normal in the fall. The only question is whether they’ll force fans to be vaccinated, which will be a bitter fight over the next month or so.
I hope not cause I ain’t getting vaccine and I have been a football ticket holder for many years now

FWIW, the SUNY school system is requiring all students be vaccinated.

I think that would be ridiculous. Especially since it would be outdoors, obviously. SU is definitely tight a** when it comes to this stuff, but from a fan interest point of view, as well as financially, it would behoove them to allow tailgating and open up the place 100%, especially if proof of vaccine is required.

The already took my money for both major sports. They better let everyone in as long as their vaccinated.

Not positive. I’m assuming just ny

In that case, for 100% compliance, they'd have to ban all out of state fans and all instate students that are residents of other states. There's really no reasonable way to mandate 100% compliance. It's a weird situation and there are going to be unhappy groups regardless.

In that case, for 100% compliance, they'd have to ban all out of state fans and all instate students that are residents of other states. There's really no reasonable way to mandate 100% compliance. It's a weird situation and there are going to be unhappy groups regardless.

I'd imagine that for students at least, it will function the same way that it does in regards to proof of MMR and Meningitis vaccinations. Not sure how it would work at sporting events for out-of-state fans though, especially with each state having their own rules for record keeping and whatnot.

I'd imagine that for students at least, it will function the same way that it does in regards to proof of MMR and Meningitis vaccinations. Not sure how it would work at sporting events for out-of-state fans though, especially with each state having their own rules for record keeping and whatnot.

I enjoy the dialogue in this thread seeing where people are at with this stuff. I'm contrarian by nature though and always look for potential loop holes as result.

If recruits and their families from out of state that haven't been vaccinated are offered and want to visit... Would they be denied? Are all the players and coaches required to be vaccinated? Not directed to you specifically, just random musings.

It's interesting for me, who otherwise isn't on social media, to see peoples level of confidence or lack thereof in vaccines, masks, etc. I don't really subscribe to any one narrative so it's all quite interesting to me.

I enjoy the dialogue in this thread seeing where people are at with this stuff. I'm contrarian by nature though and always look for potential loop holes as result.

If recruits and their families from out of state that haven't been vaccinated are offered and want to visit... Would they be denied? Are all the players and coaches required to be vaccinated? Not directed to you specifically, just random musings.

It's interesting for me, who otherwise isn't on social media, to see peoples level of confidence or lack thereof in vaccines, masks, etc. I don't really subscribe to any one narrative so it's all quite interesting to me.

Yeah I’m not really sure on all that. I suppose if the decisions are left up to the schools, they can massage the rules/requirements to make them fit however they like, which may provide for exceptions or alternative ways to gain access (like a negative Covid test).

We’re not half way into May and there has been movement every week. I am think we’re opening the Dome. Tailgating.....maybe

the one thing we know for sure because it’s been happening is that as NYS increases capacity or relaxes guidance, SU has lagged behind. They haven’t come close to allowing the number of fans the state allows (not that they would get them for lax). I think even in the future including football season, SU will take a conservative approach.
You are absolutely correct on SU and the dome lagging behind other venues. A small part of that might be on SU. My understanding however is that almost all the blame for this though lies on NYS. The state has treated the pro sport venues much differently than the Carrier Dome.

Don’t know why. I do know the SUAD is very unhappy with the way they have been treated to date. There has been a lot of misinformation and broken promises so far by the state. This needs to change by football season.

You are absolutely correct on SU and the dome lagging behind other venues. A small part of that might be on SU. My understanding however is that almost all the blame for this though lies on NYS. The state has treated the pro sport venues much differently than the Carrier Dome.

Don’t know why. I do know the SUAD is very unhappy with the way they have been treated to date. There has been a lot of misinformation and broken promises so far by the state. This needs to change by football season.

what percentage of capacity is allowed in the dome by the state?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom