GTech 100% Capacity + Tailgating This Fall | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

GTech 100% Capacity + Tailgating This Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
one thing i have serious questions on if the no masks if vaccinated happens in regards to businesses and sporting events is how are you going to enforce to the non vaxed, will businesses/venues be forced to come up with there own enforcement plans? Businesses have been thru hell and arent going to want to make loyal customers unhappy by asking them if there vaxed if no mask on. What i would do if i was in charge would be to put a % out there where once we hit 65%(debatable number open for debate) of eligible fully vaccinated no more masks and no seperate rules. It gives some incentive to those on the fence or against it to say ill just get the vaccine to get it over with. Id think with a solid 6 weeks we would be at that point.

think as of last update it was supposed to increase to 30 on may 19th

yea, I think so. I think it’s 20% now which the simple math would say the dome could have 10,000. But that doesn’t take into account social distancing and the pod system SU uses. Tomcat did an excellent analysis about the pods and if I am remembering correctly he came up with about 6,000 max. To my recollection, SU has constantly maxed it at 900. Not that more would go but why set that as max. SU was sending the emails out to students and donors only. I don’t know what the max is for tomorrow. Maybe it’s more because they opened it up sales to the public? I never saw any mention of a cap.

what percentage of capacity is allowed in the dome by the state?
I am guessing that based on the seats in place in the dome at the last lacrosse game (and the ones that still needed to be added in the western end zone) that the state allowed them 6K of 49K for graduation. Somewhere around 12.5%. Which is way more than the 900 limit the state put on SU for lacrosse games.

The Knicks and Rangers opened up at 10% capacity. They are being allowed to go to 25% on May 19th.

That is the same day the Yankees and Mets can go to 100% for their venues. They opened the season at 20% of capacity.

Way back when the NFL was starting to play playoff games, the Bills was permitted to host a game with about 9% of capacity.

My understanding is that SU expected to get the same treatment as the pro teams, at least the ones with indoor venues. They were told they would be able to host at least one home basketball game but the state changed their mind. I think this happened several times. To be fair, I think there were some outbreaks of COVID on campus while this was going on and that probably played a role in this.

I don’t know how many of those orange seats they have at their disposal. I think there were whole sections near mid field for football that had them but I am not 100% sure. I doubt they have more than 20K. At some point, this might be a problem, if there is a continued need for social distancing and this remains the method to achieve it.

one thing i have serious questions on if the no masks if vaccinated happens in regards to businesses and sporting events is how are you going to enforce to the non vaxed, will businesses/venues be forced to come up with there own enforcement plans? Businesses have been thru hell and arent going to want to make loyal customers unhappy by asking them if there vaxed if no mask on. What i would do if i was in charge would be to put a % out there where once we hit 65%(debatable number open for debate) of eligible fully vaccinated no more masks and no seperate rules. It gives some incentive to those on the fence or against it to say ill just get the vaccine to get it over with. Id think with a solid 6 weeks we would be at that point.
There are other incentives, including a weekly $1 million dollar a week lottery(if vaccinated) in Ohio...lol

I am guessing that based on the seats in place in the dome at the last lacrosse game (and the ones that still needed to be added in the western end zone) that the state allowed them 6K of 49K for graduation. Somewhere around 12.5%. Which is way more than the 900 limit the state put on SU for lacrosse games.

The Knicks and Rangers opened up at 10% capacity. They are being allowed to go to 25% on May 19th.

That is the same day the Yankees and Mets can go to 100% for their venues. They opened the season at 20% of capacity.

Way back when the NFL was starting to play playoff games, the Bills was permitted to host a game with about 9% of capacity.

My understanding is that SU expected to get the same treatment as the pro teams, at least the ones with indoor venues. They were told they would be able to host at least one home basketball game but the state changed their mind. I think this happened several times. To be fair, I think there were some outbreaks of COVID on campus while this was going on and that probably played a role in this.

I don’t know how many of those orange seats they have at their disposal. I think there were whole sections near mid field for football that had them but I am not 100% sure. I doubt they have more than 20K. At some point, this might be a problem, if there is a continued need for social distancing and this remains the method to achieve it.

so you’re saying the state limited them to 900?

There are other incentives, including a weekly $1 million dollar a week lottery(if vaccinated) in Ohio...lol

should really use the money towards more urgent things

so you’re saying the state limited them to 900?
Kind of. At the time, I believe SU had testing for students set up on the third level concourses. They did not want to allow fans access to the third level because they did not want to disturb the setup.

I believe SU did fit as many seats into the lower levels as they were allowed by the state. So some of that ridiculous limit of 900 for lacrosse games was self imposed and some was the result of NYS limitations.

All it will take is one lawsuit about one person being "segregated " to certain sections and this will blow up, and then things will be back to normal as far as seating goes. SU will cave to any type of these lawsuits and we all know it.

All it will take is one lawsuit about one person being "segregated " to certain sections and this will blow up, and then things will be back to normal as far as seating goes. SU will cave to any type of these lawsuits and we all know it.
Another possible curveball--what if ongoing research shows that a booster shot is required?

Ya I fully expect tailgating to be prohibited this fall, which will go over as well as a Runner pontificating on Covid. Gonna be a lot of pissed of fans.
Based on...

Plan is for “as normal an experience as possible.” Plan is for 100% attendance. Plan is for Cuse on the Quad and they won’t do that while prohibiting tailgating. Would be impossible to justify and would lead to more congestion on the quad than they can handle. And staffing in lots is nowhere near the level needed to enforce a tailgate ban.
Unless there is a marked turnaround in the numbers we will be open for business come September. Only question now is whether we require all attendees to be vaccinated.

I enjoy the dialogue in this thread seeing where people are at with this stuff. I'm contrarian by nature though and always look for potential loop holes as result.

If recruits and their families from out of state that haven't been vaccinated are offered and want to visit... Would they be denied? Are all the players and coaches required to be vaccinated? Not directed to you specifically, just random musings.

It's interesting for me, who otherwise isn't on social media, to see peoples level of confidence or lack thereof in vaccines, masks, etc. I don't really subscribe to any one narrative so it's all quite interesting to me.
Players are students and students will be required to be vaccinated starting with Summer Session I next week. There are no exceptions.

On the other side...or one lawsuit about “unsafe environment” or something when a vaccinated fan catches covid at the game.

Easy for us to say what they should do based on our own wants and conveniences, but we shouldn’t be surprised if they proceed far more cautiously.

On the other side...or one lawsuit about “unsafe environment” or something when a vaccinated fan catches covid at the game.

Easy for us to say what they should do based on our own wants and conveniences, but we shouldn’t be surprised if they proceed far more cautiously.

Impossible to prove, cannot see a court taking that.

Players are students and students will be required to be vaccinated starting with Summer Session I next week. There are no exceptions.

Does SU have their own guidelines or are all NY University's the same?

Does SU have their own guidelines or are all NY University's the same?
syracuse university is a private institution so the state cant mandate anything regards to vaccination, but the state is strongly recommending college require vaccines for any student planning on attending college in a normal matter come the fall

Utah has an app tied to vaccination records, I wonder if an out of state system like that would be accepted as proof.

It was interesting, it had record of other shots I'd gotten too when I registered to have my Covid shots linked to the app.

I thought that as well. No way they will accept paper cards. There are a lot of fakes going’s around. The ny vaccine passport uses a digital database that has all the vaccine information which can’t be faked and also has a barcode that can be scanned.
The problem with the NYS app is it only works for individuals who received a vaccine in NYS. I reside in CNY but received my vaccine in Conway, SC while spending the winter in North Myrtle Beach.

I have contacted the NYS Department of Health via email asking where I could send a copy of my vaccine card/receipt from the SC pharmacy so it could be uploaded into the NYS database.

I have not heard back from anyone in 30+ days.

They were accepting vaccine cards from Virginia at a women’s lax game last month. Don’t believe you need the app. Any documentation sufficed. Hopefully by September it will all be moot.

would be nice if they figure out a cheap quick rapid test. very little news on that front in a long time. That need isnt going away any time soon.

something like this rapd test for people who cant show a passport. $5..

Last edited:
would be nice if they figure out a cheap quick rapid test. very little news on that front in a long time. That need isnt going away any time soon.

something like this rapd test for people who cant show a passport. $5..
The Syracuse Mets are offering a free test before each home game this season. I am guessing this might also be something SU does. I think it takes 30 minutes to get results.

It would work best if tailgating is allowed and fans arrive early, get tested, then have something to do before the game. I am assuming the county is picking up the bill (or most of it) here. Would they do that for SU football games?

I’ve been to two sporting events in the past week in Georgia. Full attendance and 98% of the fans not wearing masks (they encourage us, but don’t enforce at. Unless Cuomo (or someone else) mandates it, I imagine the Dome will be similar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom