GTech 100% Capacity + Tailgating This Fall | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

GTech 100% Capacity + Tailgating This Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring on the stares.

Which I'll partly attribute to adjustment, and partly to people thinking I was much more attractive with the mask on.

I haven’t worried about or wondered if I’ve got a little bugger in my nose in like 14 months. It was a nice break.

I know what you are saying. I went to Wegman's and was the only one without a mask. I got stares from everyone. Clerks kept walking up and down the aisles looking at me. I am vaccinated. I guess it's going to take a while for people to change.

Fiance Is at destiny with our daughter said been there for about 30 mins so far only seen probably 5 people not wearing masks she and our daughter are not but have them with her incase she enters a store that requires them so far havent needed them.

I’m vaccinated, I’ve been vaccinated. I will not be wearing a mask despite the looks of others.

I’ve done what’s been asked of me for the last 15 months. I socially distanced, I wore a mask, I signed up for my vaccine as soon as I was eligible.

Its time to start getting back to normal. I will not be wearing a mask in any place that doesn’t require them. If a place requires it, I respect that and will wear one.

though I am vaccinated, there is no way for anyone to know I really am so inside stores, etc. I will still wear a mask so other people feel comfortable.
I get what you’re saying but I think part of this adjustment process is making people get over the discomfort of life going back to normal. If the experts and those in charge say I can live life without a mask I’m going to and, at the risk of sounding like a jerk, people who don’t like it will have to get over it eventually.

And this can be done while also respecting the mask rules businesses or wherever still have in place and not being an a**hole like the dude in Jersey Mikes

I get what you’re saying but I think part of this adjustment process is making people get over the discomfort of life going back to normal. If the experts and those in charge say I can live life without a mask I’m going to and, at the risk of sounding like a jerk, people who don’t like it will have to get over it eventually.

And this can be done while also respecting the mask rules businesses or wherever still have in place and not being an a**hole like the dude in Jersey Mikes
I can only control what I do. I can't make other people get over their discomfort. I will just want till it happens naturally... like when we have e.g. 80% vaccinated.

In the meantime, I will just keep my mask on which is no big deal to me. I am happy to do it if it helps make people comfortable.

I can only control what I do. I can't make other people get over their discomfort. I will just want till it happens naturally... like when we have e.g. 80% vaccinated.

yeah I agree with this, do as what makes you feel comfortable and I think that’s fair.

hoping people who decide to wear a mask understand that the people who aren’t feel comfortable not wearing one at this point.

I have no judgement on anyone who decides to wear a mask or doesn’t.

we should all be given the choice of what we want to do at this point IMO.

can’t wait to get back to the dome and have some fun this fall!

I haven’t worried about or wondered if I’ve got a little bugger in my nose in like 14 months. It was a nice break.

Or those weekend days I’d wake up early and have to sort of mingle with the other hockey parents at practices or games. Didn’t have to worry about my alcohol breath. Although they were all in the same boat.

I’m vaccinated, I’ve been vaccinated. I will not be wearing a mask despite the looks of others.

I’ve done what’s been asked of me for the last 15 months. I socially distanced, I wore a mask, I signed up for my vaccine as soon as I was eligible.

Its time to start getting back to normal. I will not be wearing a mask in any place that doesn’t require them. If a place requires it, I respect that and will wear one.

Plus Plus. I was selfless since March of 2020. I'm done thinking of other people health.

NYS has the Excelsior Pass that you can only get if you're vaccinated and the state has a record of it .
Vaccinated for r3 months and still doesn't show when on the pass. A few others I know having same issue.

Vaccinated for r3 months and still doesn't show when on the pass. A few others I know having same issue.
It may depend on where you got your vaccination. I got mine at a state vaccination location. I had no Excelsior pass issue but my father in law was vaccinated at CVS and had to work hard to get his recognized for the Excelsior.

Last edited:
Yeah you've been a real leader in the selfless movement.

We all have. It's a shame too see people are so far have not taken back their lives. I have and my family is. My fiance said it was mostly older folks and middle age people at the mall she suspects come the weekend when the younger people are out at destiny where she was it will be a much different scene.

We all have. It's a shame too see people are so far have not taken back their lives. I have and my family is. My fiance said it was mostly older folks and middle age people at the mall she suspects come the weekend when the younger people are out at destiny where she was it will be a much different scene.
You can only take your life back if you gave it away. I didn't

Yeah it’s a real inconvenience to wear a mask. So difficult.

Back to topic. By fall absolutely we will be having same old football Saturdays tailgating with all the fixings and full stadiums. I told people to do it anyway before this.

It's over bro. Idk if u missed Cuomo announcement on Monday. NY is essentially back to pre-pandemic.

Some stores/buildings will continue to require masks. It’s not all the way over.

Either way, not a big deal. If I can go to a game, take a flight, play hoop, etc. then it’s essentially over to me regardless of the mask rules.

Such a minor thing to be so hung up on.

Why do you even care? You don't want to wear a mask so don't. Not sure why you want to dictate what others should do.

I don't. Just responding back to the earlier post. Was dissapointed too see and hear people today still are largely wearing masks around town.

I don't. Just responding back to the earlier post. Was dissapointed too see and hear people today still are largely wearing masks around town.
Why do you care? and what about it is "disappointing"?

It's been like 2 days since the mask mandate was lifted. People will take time to adjust. Plus only around half the population is fully vaccinated, so it's certainly not safe to assume everyone is following the rules. I live in NC, and there were small towns where people shunned the rules and never complied with the mask rules. Even when COVID was at its worst

If it is choice of wearing a mask anyway (I still do in stores/restaurants out of courtesy), or getting bothered for proof of vaccination, I choose the former. Compared to everything else we've experienced over the past 12 months, masks in the grocery store is a tiny price to pay

Once we get closer to herd immunity, and people get used to loosening up, it will get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom