Happy OJ Day, everybody | Syracusefan.com

Happy OJ Day, everybody

KaiserUEO

2022 and 2x ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
pretty sure everyone here knows EXACTLY where the F they were when that White Bronco hit the screen...

oj-simpson-white-bronco.jpg

KaiserUEO said:
pretty sure everyone here knows EXACTLY where the F they were when that White Bronco hit the screen...

The Ground Round.

The ESPN 30 for 30 June 17, 1994 is one of the best they ever produced. That day was crazy with much sports stuff happened that day. The Rangers Stanley Cup Parade after a 54 year drought, Arnold Palmer's last round at the US Open, 1994 World Cup in the USA started, Ken Griffey Jr. hit his 30th HR faster than anybody in the MLB history, Knicks-Rockets game 5 of the NBA Finals, the prank caller from Howard Stern prank calling Peter Jennings and the OJ Bronco chase, Kardashian reading the OJ "suicide" note, Al Cowlings crazy behavior.

I hope its on tonight.

Crazy day and it started the spiraling downfall of the celebrity media we have today.

The ESPN 30 for 30 June 17, 1994 is one of the best they ever produced. That day was crazy with much sports stuff happened that day. The Rangers Stanley Cup Parade after a 54 year drought, Arnold Palmer's last round at the US Open, 1994 World Cup in the USA started, Ken Griffey Jr. hit his 30th HR faster than anybody in the MLB history, Knicks-Rockets game 5 of the NBA Finals, the prank caller from Howard Stern prank calling Peter Jennings and the OJ Bronco chase, Kardashian reading the OJ "suicide" note, Al Cowlings crazy behavior.

I hope its on tonight.

Crazy day and it started the spiraling downfall of the celebrity media we have today.
its been on all weekend, i got it taped. pretty sure its on again tonight.

i went to the Ranger parade, then spent the day drinking watching the Open, down by the Seaport in some dives.

eventually we made our way to the UES and Dorian's (which is famous in its own right) to watch the Knicks. they literally cut to Brokaw when an Anthony Mason, wild layup was in the air. a big What??!!! was screamed. this being 94, i think there was 4, 36" or so tube tv's in the joint. 3 behind the bar and 1 in the corner. no sound, music blasting...so that added to the confusion. at halftime, the bartenders tried turning the sound all the way up on the tvs so we could hear what was going on, didnt really work so they put on the CC and turned back up the music.

Fn surreal.

Last edited:
Sitting in my bedroom, watching TGIF. I'm still bitter about them cutting out of "Boy Meets World" for a low speed chase that I cared nothing about.

Ugh, I hope you at least got to watch Step by Step.

Ugh, I hope you at least got to watch Step by Step.

Nope, lasted until bedtime. Missed everything. I realize now how big of a deal it was, but back then, 8 years old, I was furious.

Bill Orange said:
Which one? I was at Saratoga Steaks, née TC's.

On Rt 57 in liverpool.

I'll never forget when they announced the verdict. I was at work. Every TV in the Prison was tuned to the announcement . When it came down, the whole place erupted. The pucker factor was at an all time high. The resounding chant was "two bodies, two bodies "!!. Meaning OJ gift away with two murders. They knew he was guilty. It was just the fact that he "Beat the man". Quite the day

I'll never forget when they announced the verdict. I was at work. Every TV in the Prison was tuned to the announcement . When it came down, the whole place erupted. The pucker factor was at an all time high. The resounding chant was "two bodies, two bodies "!!. Meaning OJ gift away with two murders. They knew he was guilty. It was just the fact that he "Beat the man". Quite the day

I was uhh in the principals office when the announcement was made... I was more worried about "how am I going to get out of this" instead of the verdict.

The glove didn't fit so, you know the rest ...

OJ was given his freedom but I doubt his life after that was what anyone would call "good". Which is what a murderer deserves.

One thing most people never realized the biggest reason the glove didn't fit on O.J.'s hand was Johnny Cochran didn't have O.J. take his medication lacex for 1 week to cause his hand to retain fluid and balloon his fingers. The fact the prosecution even let the defense agree to allow the glove Simpson to put the glove on in front of the jury is stuff a 1L taking trial practice wouldn't do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom