Harper named to All Star team | Syracusefan.com

Harper named to All Star team

They missed out on a big opportunity by not putting him in the HR Derby, especially when Stanton went down. McCutchen deserves the attention sure, but people want to see Bryce Harper. The MLB needs to hype the hell out of Bryce and Mike Trout.

They missed out on a big opportunity by not putting him in the HR Derby, especially when Stanton went down. McCutchen deserves the attention sure, but people want to see Bryce Harper. The MLB needs to hype the hell out of Bryce and Mike Trout.

Should've tried to get Matt Kemp to pick him. But it would've been rough on the guy who was originally picked, then had to bail for Bryce.

Also, I think McCutchen probably needs the hype more than Harper. McCutchen is one of the best players in the game, not enough people know that.

I agree, I've been on McCutchen since he was called up, but that's only because I have always had a soft spot for the Pirates. He's absolutely a superstar, and if he hadn't just signed a long term deal I'd imagine he'd be starting in center for the Yanks or Sox and cleaning up with endorsements and MVP awards in 2 years.

It's a good thing for baseball, I think, that he signed that long term deal with the Pirates. I think it's good in general that it seems like the young stars are signing these deals that at least lock them up through age 30 or so. Obviously guys like Votto and Tulo are signed way way past that.

As a Nats fan, my biggest fear is that Stras and Harper won't stick around. Thankfully the owners have deep pockets and a winning atmosphere is being built (even last year without either player, they were a respectable 80-81).

Throw in Anthony Rendon eventually, with Zim as the cornerstone of the franchise, Wilson Ramos coming back in the future and a young guy like Ian Desmond blossoming, and this franchise has a hell of a bright future. Hopefully Stras and Harper see that.

Harper and Strasburg both have Boras as an agent, but i would imagine they'll be there for the long term. The two things it seems players want, are, in order, 1) money and 2) a winning team. It looks like the Nats will be able to provide both things.

Watching the All-Star game, seeing another lefty with 5 tools who plays with reckless abandon, I was wondering if I am the only one who sees..,

Bryce Harper = Josh Hamilton? Similar power, both good speed, both throw caution to the wind in the field...is Bryce basically Josh at 19?

Watching the All-Star game, seeing another lefty with 5 tools who plays with reckless abandon, I was wondering if I am the only one who sees..,

Bryce Harper = Josh Hamilton? Similar power, both good speed, both throw caution to the wind in the field...is Bryce basically Josh at 19?
I think Josh sees the ball a little better in the outfield:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom