Have teams figured out our Offense. | Syracusefan.com

Have teams figured out our Offense.

Cuseology

Walk On
Seems like for most of the last month, our offense has looked anemic. The plan looks like it is to take away Cooney, or at least prevent him from getting open looks, and make the team rely on Ennis and Fair. When Grant was healthy he was a third scorer but with him out we look like we are largely left to 2 scorers. Silent G has added some scoring but too often he doesnt use his threat off the bounce and looks like a spot shooter.

I see this team as having a number of guys capable of attacking the glass, although not great, but still good enough to create a threat. Attacking the glass would also create kick out opportunities.

Adding Roberson would create a post presence we largely lack, although Christmas has been trying more of that recently.

Grant being out, or not fully healthy has just killed our offense. Frankly it was often not great even w him in. We need new options or create new threats with the existing players. I don't think this is a panick post after the hammering we took today but the game did seem to reveal again some major flaws that I think more teams are exploiting.

Offense stinks lately, but we gave up 48 2nd half points today. Defense turned this one into the blowout it was.

ROCuse said:
I wish WE could figure out our offense.

Our offense amounts to putting five good players on the floor and see what they can do. Offensive game planning has never been a JB strength. JB likes to create points off his defense with steals and breakaways. But this team can't even do that. It can't create easy points and therefore struggles offensively.

Seems like for most of the last month, our offense has looked anemic. The plan looks like it is to take away Cooney, or at least prevent him from getting open looks, and make the team rely on Ennis and Fair. When Grant was healthy he was a third scorer but with him out we look like we are largely left to 2 scorers. Silent G has added some scoring but too often he doesnt use his threat off the bounce and looks like a spot shooter.

I see this team as having a number of guys capable of attacking the glass, although not great, but still good enough to create a threat. Attacking the glass would also create kick out opportunities.

Adding Roberson would create a post presence we largely lack, although Christmas has been trying more of that recently.

Grant being out, or not fully healthy has just killed our offense. Frankly it was often not great even w him in. We need new options or create new threats with the existing players. I don't think this is a panick post after the hammering we took today but the game did seem to reveal again some major flaws that I think more teams are exploiting.

Soooo, is this year's team now our worst ever or are you still sticking with last year's as worst ever?

Teams are playing us as they always have. Overplay Cooney, and let the chips fall where they may. It would be nice if we could play the transition game a bit more, but we rarely push the ball. It's definitely not a strength. Cooney and Ennis looked a bit more aggressive today, hopefully those shots fall a bit more going forward.

Forza, well played. Although i never said worst ever, because I think when healthy this team was capable of scoring. My point was whether teams have figure us out and we have to adjust. Games and seasons are a chess match. People are adjusting to what you do. I'm not sure we have adjusted yet to what defenses are now throwing at us. Our offensive stats are terrible right now. Probably worse than last year! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom