Head Coaches | Air Raid Offense | Syracusefan.com

Head Coaches | Air Raid Offense

Crusty

Living Legend
My hope is that the next HC adopts the Air Raid offense in the dome.

Air Raid is a shotgun spread, pass-first, hurry up, no huddle system that throws on 65%-75% of the plays. I can't think of a better system for the dome. It will attract players that want to play in an offense and venue that can showcase their skills.

It requires a smart QB as 90% of the run plays might be audibles. It can be run by either stationary or dual threat QBs, but they must be accurate passers first.

Lineman splits are as wide as a yard to create a longer distance for DEs and DTs to reach the QB and also creating wider passing lanes for West Coast type short pass patterns. For you over the middle types, the short crossing pattern is a staple of the Air Raid.

Here are a few of th Head Coaches that have built their careers on their version of the Air Raid.
Kevin Sumlin Texas Tech
Art Btiles Baylor
Kiff Kingsbury Texas Tech
Sonny Dikes Cal
Dana Holgorsen West Va
Ruffin McNeil Easr Carolina
Michael Leach Washington State

There are many teams playing versions of the Air Raid providing a large pool of talent from which to hire a HC or an OC.
Here are a few:

Im not a huge air raid fan but it has its merits. I'm sure we could hire Hal Mumme... :p

My hope is that the next HC adopts the Air Raid offense in the dome.

Air Raid is a shotgun spread, pass-first, hurry up, no huddle system that throws on 65%-75% of the plays. I can't think of a better system for the dome. It will attract players that want to play in an offense and venue that can showcase their skills.

It requires a smart QB as 90% of the run plays might be audibles. It can be run by either stationary or dual threat QBs, but they must be accurate passers first.

Lineman splits are as wide as a yard to create a longer distance for DEs and DTs to reach the QB and also creating wider passing lanes for West Coast type short pass patterns. For you over the middle types, the short crossing pattern is a staple of the Air Raid.

Here are a few of th Head Coaches that have built their careers on their version of the Air Raid.
Kevin Sumlin Texas Tech
Art Btiles Baylor
Kiff Kingsbury Texas Tech
Sonny Dikes Cal
Dana Holgorsen West Va
Ruffin McNeil Easr Carolina
Michael Leach Washington State

There are many teams playing versions of the Air Raid providing a large pool of talent from which to hire a HC or an OC.
Here are a few:
air raid has evolved from passing as much as crusty thinks. watch baylor and west virginia

i dont see a whole bunch of titles from that list of schools and isnt that the goal? or is the goal to make millhouse happy and score 40 giving up 55?
this is the worst post ever

national championship or bust for upperdecker. let's do exactly what alabama does then. smart!

it's so bad i don't even bother with orangepa, who also liked spence's offense, wanting to keep lesters offense

air raid has evolved from passing as much as crusty thinks. watch baylor and west virginia
Where would you classify Oregon's offense? I read that they run significantly more than they pass. Read option?

i didnt say national title. might like to play for the ACC title someday though. i just wonder why all these school on the list have issues on defense? even TCU which made a living on D for years cant stop anyone any more. now if we can get a coach to get us to 50 6 times a year then the defensive issues might not matter but these season shows 40 pts isnt going to get it done.

Lesters offense was not the issue, if the QB could make a deep throw we score 40 the last 2 weeks with a 5th string walk on and a below avg Oline.

Baylor lights up the board thats great but they have ultra elite talent. watch the play design its very vanilla but works cause they threaten the D all over the field.

Oregon did the same until the QB got hurt.

recruit better talent and you can run what ever offense you want.

But go back and watch the games and see the mistakes we made in execution because we had 2 QBs with no experience running it, the plays were there. Even last week the 2 huge missed passes hurt, but the INT changed the game and that was a bad read by a young kid, he makes the correct through as the play is designed and it goes for 30-40 yds not a game killing INT.

You forgot Beau at eastern Washington as well. We need to find an offense that averages over 30 a game whatever it is.

i dont see a whole bunch of titles from that list of schools and isnt that the goal? or is the goal to make millhouse happy and score 40 giving up 55?

Jesus.

so the fact that almost every team that runs these offenses seems to have an issue on D is a myth? I have no answers I just wonder what the correlation is? is it as simple as the offenses are too good for the D these days?

i didnt say national title. might like to play for the ACC title someday though. i just wonder why all these school on the list have issues on defense? even TCU which made a living on D for years cant stop anyone any more. now if we can get a coach to get us to 50 6 times a year then the defensive issues might not matter but these season shows 40 pts isnt going to get it done.

Lesters offense was not the issue, if the QB could make a deep throw we score 40 the last 2 weeks with a 5th string walk on and a below avg Oline.

Baylor lights up the board thats great but they have ultra elite talent. watch the play design its very vanilla but works cause they threaten the D all over the field.

Oregon did the same until the QB got hurt.

recruit better talent and you can run what ever offense you want.

But go back and watch the games and see the mistakes we made in execution because we had 2 QBs with no experience running it, the plays were there. Even last week the 2 huge missed passes hurt, but the INT changed the game and that was a bad read by a young kid, he makes the correct through as the play is designed and it goes for 30-40 yds not a game killing INT.
TCU won the conference last year. but that doesn't count because you don't like their defense. baylor and oklahoma don't count either, they have good players that want to play in that offense

sumlin stinks because he can't win the SEC

ok

you're being ridiculous

so the fact that almost every team that runs these offenses seems to have an issue on D is a myth? I have no answers I just wonder what the correlation is? is it as simple as the offenses are too good for the D these days?
so now you don't care about conference championships, not good enough to win them, you also have to be good on defense. got it

god forbid we have a bad defense.

Not me.

I actually like the option offense that Lester installed.
post-5140a01c02ef5.gif

TCU won the conference last year. but that doesn't count because you don't like their defense. baylor and oklahoma don't count either, they have good players that want to play in that offense

sumlin stinks because he can't win the SEC

ok

you're being ridiculous

It is completely ridiculous.. Ok st as well

How many starters on D has TCU lost this year, or is it only Syracuse injuries that can be used as excuses?

Here is the list of top rushing offenses right now: http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/leader/national/team/offense/split01/category01/sort01.html

Do you see any similarities to Crusty's list?
it's amazing how much resistance there is to forcing the spread down the field and out to the sides and running it up the middle where they aint

but that's not how otis anderson did it!

For me it's simple. We've tried defense first from defensive HC for a long time. We've tried NFL OC and that worked out ok. We haven't ever tried CFB OC or former CFB OC now HC.

It's time. Look at the best offenses, hire those guys. Worry about defense later.