Heads up for YouTube TV Subscribers! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Heads up for YouTube TV Subscribers!

I just cancelled YTTV. This sucks because I had a lot recorded but my billing cycle starts in 2 days so what the hell. They need a message sent - without disney, YTTV is essentially useless to me. Now, I guess, it's either hula or directv. I guess I'll try both out if they have trials.

It will be interesting to see how many people leave YTTV over this. And whether that causes google to cave. Also is cbs and fox next?

Just paused my membership for 8 weeks. If they don’t work it out by then, or I find something I like better in that time, I’ll cancel it.

Going to explore AT&T and Hulu Live(which I’ve had before) in the meanwhile.

In no hurry to commit to anything with no Cuse games on the horizon, and the NBA becoming a bunch of G League rosters due to COVID.

From what I am seeing on the inter webs YouTube is going to need to cave soon or they will lose a TON of customers… losing the sec channel alone will result in just about everyone south of the mason Dixon line peacing out. This will get sorted by early January at the latest when college hoops conference season starts.

From what I am seeing on the inter webs YouTube is going to need to cave soon or they will lose a TON of customers… losing the sec channel alone will result in just about everyone south of the mason Dixon line peacing out. This will get sorted by early January at the latest when college hoops conference season starts.
That's one of the reasons I cancelled. They need to feel the pain. If enough people cancel, they will make it happen. The fact that they're reducing monthly bills by 15 bucks is crap. I just checked and I can get streaming through my internet provider (Spectrum) for 30 bucks and it includes espn. I think I'll just go with that and if YTTV works things out with Disney, I'll probably come back.

This will be a continued theme for streamers moving forward, as well as us traditional viewers. The "live sports" packages will only continue to increase in the future, just as most things do. Can't really blame the networks that put out all this live sports programming as they pay out the arse for all of this themselves.

As fans of SU, we all love how much coin the university is raking in now being in the ACC, and all that that implies, etc. The large payouts to conferences, etc. can't all be recovered and profited from advertising alone.

FYI using my sons ESPN + credentials. No access to acc network. They want my live tv provider

Oh they need to get it worked out in the first few days of this week or YTTV is hosed. Bowl games loom large.

I dumped YouTube tv tonight and signed on for directv stream .. it’s slightly more pricey for what you get but not by much .. you pretty much have to spring for the 10$ monthly “unlimited DVR if you have a wife / girlfriend who watchers the bravo crap .. but it’s still bogus because the shows are only stored for 3 months

The good news is . You can sort the channel guide by their original Directv channel numbers which I’ve memorized from having regular wired Directv for so long … and I now get nhl network and regional sports… not available at any price on YouTube TV

I dumped YouTube tv tonight and signed on for directv stream .. it’s slightly more pricey for what you get but not by much .. you pretty much have to spring for the 10$ monthly “unlimited DVR if you have a wife / girlfriend who watchers the bravo crap .. but it’s still bogus because the shows are only stored for 3 months

The good news is . You can sort the channel guide by their original Directv channel numbers which I’ve memorized from having regular wired Directv for so long … and I now get nhl network and regional sports… not available at any price on YouTube TV
100$/month?

Im leaning this way as well. Are there any contract requirements or is this month to month like YTTV?

Im leaning this way as well. Are there any contract requirements or is this month to month like YTTV?
No contract . I don’t honestly know why anyone with good internet speeds would chose standard Directv over streaming .. no contract .. no equipment .. no equipment fees .. no extra charge for “HD”.. and you can take your “tv” with you everywhere .. with regular Directv you need to be on the same Wi-Fi network as your DVR to stream

No contract . I don’t honestly know why anyone with good internet speeds would chose standard Directv over streaming .. no contract .. no equipment .. no equipment fees .. no extra charge for “HD”.. and you can take your “tv” with you everywhere .. with regular Directv you need to be on the same Wi-Fi network as your DVR to stream
well when your ISP goes down you dont lose tv for one thing..

you can watch almost everything anywhere with Reg Directv using the apps anyway. I have sling so I can watch my directv boxes anywhere I want . plus with a box you can watch 2 shows at once with buffers and you can easily switch channels when games are on which you cant do with the streaming apps.

Oh my, Directv Choice package is 85 bucks and is going up to $90 in January. The lineup seems most similar to YTTV, but I'm not spending that. Wow, and I thought YTTV cost too much. I guess over the last three years I wasn't watching what other streaming services were doing. YTTV was one of the more pricey options when I first signed up.

Not that I want Amazon to take over more business in the world, but they ought to jump into this market. They would probably do it right.

Oh my, Directv Choice package is 85 bucks and is going up to $90 in January. The lineup seems most similar to YTTV, but I'm not spending that. Wow, and I thought YTTV cost too much. I guess over the last three years I wasn't watching what other streaming services were doing. YTTV was one of the more pricey options when I first signed up.

Not that I want Amazon to take over more business in the world, but they ought to jump into this market. They would probably do it right.
you have a vendor trying to deliver hundreds of channels that each want a small slice of the pie why do we think it wont go up every year no matter who you choose.. $1 a week just dont buy a sode or coffee once a month.

Okay, I spent some time looking at streaming services again.

Directv: For what I'm looking at, this makes no sense (for my viewing purposes). They charge $90 for the Choice package (with ESPN channels and ACC network). No thanks - way too expensive for what you get.

HULU: Their package is going up to $70 in two days. It appears they have most of what YTTV has in terms of channel lineup. Missing the Hallmark channel (my wife likes that during the holidays). I can't speak to the functionality of the service/app, but content looks like it might work. I still imagine I'll miss YTTV's dvr and how easy it was to automatically record my favorites. No access to NBATV and DVR only has 50 hours of recording. Additionally, you can only view 2 streams at once.

Philo: no go - it doesn't include live channels or espn.

Spectrum Streaming: I have internet through Spectrum so I checked this out. For $30, you get to choose 15 channels. I really don't want to be this limited so not the best option for me but might be for others.

Fubotv: This lineup is very similar to HULU and looks identical to YTTV (with the Hallmark channel which my life loves). For $65, you get espn, acc network, 250 hours of dvr (or 1000 hours if you don't mind getting billed quarterly). No access to TNT or TBS, which stinks. You can also stream 3 devices at once. For six more bucks a month, you can get more streams and 1000 hours of DVR.

Sling: You can go cheap with this service but to get channels somewhat comparable with others it will cost $50 a month for their blue/orange package. I personally hate the fact that they split things up in this way. Then you have to spend $15 monthly for add on sports to get ACC Network, ESPN U, and some others. Their DVR only offers 50 hours of recording. Only 1-3 streams available depending on what you're watching. For families like mine, this could be problematic. When I priced everything out to get as close as I could to Hulu and Fubotv, I was still at roughly 70 bucks a month and while you get TBS and TNT, it lacks in other ways. This is a no go for me.

Based on my needs and desire not to spend more than about 65-70 bucks, I decided to give Fubotv a try. I wasn't expecting to land on Fubotv as I didn't know anything about this service a few days ago. The service is now active on all my tv's and has currently replaced YTTV (maybe permanently). I'll report back later after I have more time to try it. The DVR looks good, although not as automatic as YTTV. What I mean by that is you can choose certain teams you want to automatically record (no college teams though). With YTTV, you can simply select all nfl, nba, college basketball, etc. and it will record them all. The only minus so far is no access to TNT/TBS, which isn't an issue right now for me. However, when the nba playoffs begin, this will be a problem, unless FuboTV brings Turner channels back into the lineup. I may just have to get used to jumping around with streaming services, although that will drive my wife nuts.

Last edited:
Okay, I spent some time looking at streaming services again.

Directv: For what I'm looking at, this makes no sense (for my viewing purposes). They charge $90 for the Choice package (with ESPN channels and ACC network). No thanks - way too expensive for what you get.

HULU: Their package is going up to $70 in two days. It appears they have most of what YTTV has in terms of channel lineup. Missing the Hallmark channel (my wife likes that during the holidays). I can't speak to the functionality of the service/app, but content looks like it might work. I still imagine I'll miss YTTV's dvr ad how easy it was to automatically record my favorites.

Philo: no go - it doesn't include live channels or espn.

Spectrum Streaming: I have internet through Spectrum so I checked this out. For $30, you get to choose 15 channels. I really don't want to be this limited so not the best option for me but might be for others.

Fubotv: This lineup is very similar to HULU and looks identical to YTTV (with the Hallmark channel which my life loves). For $70, you espn, acc network, 250 hours of dvr (or 1000 hours if you don't mind getting billed quarterly).

Based on my needs and desire not to spend more than about 65-70 bucks, I decided to give Fubotv a try. I wasn't expecting to land on Fubotv as I didn't know anything about this service a few days ago. The service is now active on all my tv's and has currently replaced YTTV (maybe permanently). I'll report back later after I have more time to try it. The DVR looks good, although not as automatic as YTTV. What I mean by that is you can choose certain teams you want to automatically record (no college teams though). With YTTV, you can simply select all nfl, nba, college basketball, etc. and it will record them all.
YouTubeTV doesn’t have ESPN.

Hulu doesn’t have NBATV.

Fubo doesn’t have TNT.

For an NBA fan, this is all a mess.

I agree that Directv streaming is a rip off, but it’s also the only service that has all the sports channels I want.

It was a nice 5 year run of saving a lot of money, but I’ll basically be paying cable prices if I switch to Directv streaming.