here we go | Syracusefan.com

here we go

kcsu

Living Legend
Nancy leaving has started much of this. I just read a post about the good doc being on the market as well as HCDM. I believe this to be true. As all of us know when a new Nancy comes to town change is going to happen. Dont be too surprised if JB doesnt work very hard behind the big blue curtain to make sure that Hop is taken care of and protected. Doug will leave if he can period. I for one never really felt that the big balogne was that great of a coach but did feel and post that he was a very good CEO of a program which screams NFL. So good for Doug he is a good person and loves Syracuse. What does it really matter why he wants to leave the fact is he came here did a great job and it is his call for whatever reason. Same with Doc. Talk about an accomplishment Docs getting us into the ACC is up there in the Syracuse hall of fame. So if Doc wants to leave because his touch stone Nancy is going and he more than anyone at Syracuse knows what this means " Hi Jake love P keep P ok shoot P Doc" should be leaving before he is asked to by the new Nancy. All of this is really pretty simple. Most people including the big B and Doc like stability. Change is scary and when that scary is fueled by a BOT that cant find its way out of a paper bag with a flash light is leading you it becomes time to look out for yourself time. At the end of the day i say that both stay in the short term becausae i dont think that either one of them will have much of a chance to leave. In the end they will either both be awarded long term deals, leave next year, or be possibly be replaced by the new Nancy.

"Dont be too surprised if JB doesnt work very hard behind the big blue curtain to make sure that Hop is taken care of and protected."

Explain.

Nancy leaving has started much of this. I just read a post about the good doc being on the market as well as HCDM. I believe this to be true. As all of us know when a new Nancy comes to town change is going to happen. Dont be too surprised if JB doesnt work very hard behind the big blue curtain to make sure that Hop is taken care of and protected. Doug will leave if he can period. I for one never really felt that the big balogne was that great of a coach but did feel and post that he was a very good CEO of a program which screams NFL. So good for Doug he is a good person and loves Syracuse. What does it really matter why he wants to leave the fact is he came here did a great job and it is his call for whatever reason. Same with Doc. Talk about an accomplishment Docs getting us into the ACC is up there in the Syracuse hall of fame. So if Doc wants to leave because his touch stone Nancy is going and he more than anyone at Syracuse knows what this means " Hi Jake love P keep P ok shoot P Doc" should be leaving before he is asked to by the new Nancy. All of this is really pretty simple. Most people including the big B and Doc like stability. Change is scary and when that scary is fueled by a BOT that cant find its way out of a paper bag with a flash light is leading you it becomes time to look out for yourself time. At the end of the day i say that both stay in the short term becausae i dont think that either one of them will have much of a chance to leave. In the end they will either both be awarded long term deals, leave next year, or be possibly be replaced by the new Nancy.
I'm thinking the old Nancy is not exactly leaving on the best of terms with the BOT herself.

ugh... i also heard that doc was on the market too. heard he could be gone in the next few months.

i dont like this not knowing... luckily i dont think marrone is going to get hired anywhere this year.

Weeks was the implication I heard.

ugh... i also heard that doc was on the market too. heard he could be gone in the next few months.

i dont like this not knowing... luckily i dont think marrone is going to get hired anywhere this year.

Weeks was the implication I heard.

gross' intention was always to use this stepping stone for a higher profile school / gig. I am shocked he's lasted this long but i assume that is partially due to the fact that he rubs a lot of people the wrong way (including potential employers). He's done some good things but far from irreplaceable. after all, jake got us an acc invite too...

So who has an AD opening right now?

So here's a quick summary:

1. Cantor stepping down when her contract ends is the reason why Marrone is taking NFL interviews.

2. Gross has the meter running on the cab to the airport.

3. When Boeheim retires, the new AD plans to get rid of Hopkins and blow up the program.

That about it?

Do you really believe that Gross got us into the ACC? I don't.

So everyones bailing becuase of new leadership?

I never understood why folks jumped ship at the soonest possible moment when a whiff of uncertainty comes around. I had something like that happen at the engineering firm I work at. My Market segment leader was shown the door due to a major up. Everyone who worked on the project started jumping ship. The office went from 60 heads to about 25. I stuck around, and really couldnt be happier. You stick around in the lean times, you get rewarded later.

"Dont be too surprised if JB doesnt work very hard behind the big blue curtain to make sure that Hop is taken care of and protected."

Explain.
Wow i know that im horrible on the computer but what i meant to say was the JB would go to the end of the world to support Hop!

Wow i know that im horrible on the computer but what i meant to say was the JB would go to the end of the world to support Hop!
That's what I was hoping you meant.

Someone feed you a load of bologna!! You could not be further from the truth!!!! That's all I can say!!!

whoa...this is getting to be remarkably close to the WVU board. Rumor, inuendo, no real facts...c'mon team...lets get a grip. First, anyone who wants to leave will...for whatever reason...but the last couple of days we are getting to be the pushers...not reflective of what good has been done. I for one know more about whats going on in the ACC than at 'Cuse...but some of the recent threads go way over board...and frankly, I am quite surprised at the feeding zoo we have spawned.

whoa...this is getting to be remarkably close to the WVU board. Rumor, inuendo, no real facts...c'mon team...lets get a grip. First, anyone who wants to leave will...for whatever reason...but the last couple of days we are getting to be the pushers...not reflective of what good has been done. I for one know more about whats going on in the ACC than at 'Cuse...but some of the recent threads go way over board...and frankly, I am quite surprised at the feeding zoo we have spawned.
the voice of reason. Thank you

Why do I think that kcsu is writing these posts from behind the wheel of the u-haul he has idling in Marrone's driveway.

I mean he just can't wait for him to leave. I think he'll orgasm when it happens.

Amen. People are losing their minds.

Its pretty crazy the hysteria right now when nothing has happened and the football coach has had enough success to get some NFL interviews. Boston College only flushed their program down the toilet a few years ago because their coach had the audacity to interview for one of the 30 top jobs in his profession. I mean theres 100 Senator jobs (plus a few hundred congressmen) NFL head coach is a much tougher job to get than those.

Should SU ever hire a clear cut mercenary coach in fb there will be threads about him leaving after every win in October by the looks of things right now.

SU will be fine the rank and file ACC teams suck its not a question of if we make a bowl next year its what bowl. And I think in the next 5 years we play in a BCS game. And I think in the same duration we get a top 25 recruiting class once or twice and cement our position as kings of the northeast with jokes like BC, Butgers, and uconn all falling off the map. Thats not dependent on MArrone. And Basketball is officially at UNC/Duke level right now and clearly a notch above our traditional BE rivals uconn/nova/gtown with us spending nearly all of the last 3 seasons ranked top 10 and on our way to the ACC.

Things are fine, unfortunately Syracuse NY is too far for Boston/NYC alums to have season tickets that is the long and short reason why we can't compete with the big boys of college sports in FB because thats where most of our rich alums are and why financially SU athletics is limited. But its is OK we aren't in the SEC and don't need that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom