hey everybody uconn is on tv | Syracusefan.com

hey everybody uconn is on tv

Tim O'Toole is on Stanford bench. He is an assistant to Johnny Dawkins.

Sad story... Tim invited me to game tonight to sit behind the Stanford bench, but I had to decline because I had tickets to "A Night with Janis Joplin" on Broadway. Then, at 2 pm today, tonight's show got canceled because the star, Mary Bridget Davies who plays Joplin, got sick and the entire show is built around her performance. At that time, I was in NYC and it was too late to contact Tim about the tickets.

Sad story... Tim invited me to game tonight to sit behind the Stanford bench, but I had to decline because I had tickets to "A Night with Janis Joplin" on Broadway. Then, at 2 pm today, tonight's show got canceled because the star, Mary Bridget Davies who plays Joplin, got sick and the entire show is built around her performance. At that time, I was in NYC and it was too late to contact Tim about the tickets.

#thirdworldproblems

You might have had a "hit" carried out if you had shown up at UConn behind the Stanford bench. Glad to hear that Tim is back into coaching again. I didn't even realize he left Syracuse.

Bummer! You got one of those "2-fers" . . . two bad deals for the price of one. I'm having a moment of silence for you.-VBOF

marz09cuse said:
Big crowd on hand... What's the deal? I thought a power conference team showing up to a mid major's building is supposed to draw a crowd.

Seriously, that crowd is horrible, place looks 60% full at best. And the XL Center seats, what, 17K? Brutal.

Midway through this post I was convinced Mary Bridget was dead. I'm glad that's not the case.

UConn guards are good enough to keep both teams in the game. The Tree will fly home happy with the W.

I know that he's supposed to be a good guy but everytime they show Kevin Ollie on tv I swear he's going to start crying.
Ollie was a guard, played professionally so watching Napier & Boatright go 100 mph and be careless has to drive him crazy. Not many other scoring options so they have play me ball.

I don't understand why UConn plays at XL Center in Hartford(pay rent?) when they have an on campus arena(Gampel Pavilion) that would always be at capacity(10,000) and no rent.

Men's Basketball (20 total home games)
XL Center - 45% of games (9 games)
Webster Bank Arena- 5% of games (1 game)
Gampel Pavilion- 50% of games (10 games)

Women's Basketball (18 total home games)
XL Center - 44% of games (8 games)
Webster Bank Arena- 6% of games (1 game)
Gampel Pavilion- 50% of games (9 games)

Gampel was built in the late 80's for basketball and volleyball(fall sport). I don't see the waste of money especially now with the new conference. If this happened in Syracuse, people would be pissed that an on-campus was wasted and the team was shipped 30 miles away to play in Cortland. This seems a little bush league!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom