Hey Hoos... | Syracusefan.com

Hey Hoos...

Why does your new logo have a combover?

Put copies side-by-side and you have an owl. Hoo Hoo Hoo's That

1587753551501.png

Whoever made this logo needs to be fired rn lmao
Nike strikes again. Our football and basketball boards are each on their 4th servers because the other three are now just piles of molten silicon. The general consensus among the largely older white crowd that posts is that they can live with the minor changes to the V-Sabre logo, but the secondary logos are terrible. The pitchforks and torches are being broken out for a trip to Beaverton, Orygun because the new font they came up with for the "Virginia" on the unis looks too much like the one used presently by Va Tech on their unis. More fuel for the fire to march on Beaverton, the light blue highlight in the secondary logo you posted is too close to Carolina Blue.

These were our best unis in any sport. I believe they are now illegal under the NCAA lax rules because the numbers aren't a different color from the jersey.

images.jpg

Nike strikes again. Our football and basketball boards are each on their 4th servers because the other three are now just piles of molten silicon. The general consensus among the largely older white crowd that posts is that they can live with the minor changes to the V-Sabre logo, but the secondary logos are terrible. The pitchforks and torches are being broken out for a trip to Beaverton, Orygun because the new font they came up with for the "Virginia" on the unis looks too much like the one used presently by Va Tech on their unis. More fuel for the fire to march on Beaverton, the light blue highlight in the secondary logo you posted is too close to Carolina Blue.

These were our best unis in any sport. I believe they are now illegal under the NCAA lax rules because the numbers aren't a different color from the jersey.

View attachment 180266
That is Caroline blue! Hoos yo daddy.

View attachment 180266

The most distinctive uniform in college lacrosse is the one on the right.

Attachments

• Ken+Clausen+NCAA+Lacrosse+Semifinals+Syracuse+ESE5tUDwqbEl.jpg
    Ken+Clausen+NCAA+Lacrosse+Semifinals+Syracuse+ESE5tUDwqbEl.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 220
You can’t beat the v with crossed swords. That said, I don’t think it’s that bad.

Please don’t replace one of the classiest logos in the
ACC with that piece of crap!!!

They still kept the combover...

Virginia athletics director Carla Williams announced today (June 15) changes have been made to two of the new marks the department released on April 24. The sabres that are featured in the new V-Sabre logo, and on the Cavalier Shield, have been changed to remove the curves that were added to the handles.

At the time of the marks unveiling, it was noted that "detail was added to the grip of the sabres that mimics the design of the serpentine walls found on Grounds."

"After the release of our new logos on April 24th, I was made aware of the negative connotation between the serpentine walls and slavery," Williams said. "I was not previously aware of the historical perspective indicating the original eight-foot-high walls were constructed to mask the institution of slavery and enslaved laborers from public view. Over the last few weeks, I have worked to better educate myself and that education will continue. There was no intent to cause harm, but we did, and for that I apologize to those who bear the pain of slavery in our history. As such, we have redesigned the logos to remove that detail. All other aspects of the logos will remain the same."

This serpentine wall stuff does seem a little over-sensitive.
Aren't we heading towards the fact that the UVa's founder, T.Jefferson, owned slaves and there is strong evidence that he fornicated with one of them.

This serpentine wall stuff does seem a little over-sensitive.
Aren't we heading towards the fact that the UVa's founder, T.Jefferson, owned slaves and there is strong evidence that he fornicated with one of them.
The "Big News" about Jefferson and the full ramifications of his owning slaves came out with Fawn Brodie's book in the 70s. We're pretty much past that. The serpentine wall stuff is new and quite probably factually incorrect, since, as someone noted today on The Sabre, there are contemporaneous accounts of slaves walking around the Grounds area, and not hidden behind the walls, all the time.

I think it is more about the political climate now or in the future. What "passed" in 1970 might not pass in say 2030.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom