Hey, Jordan Tucker | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Hey, Jordan Tucker

I had to do some self-examination after making a comment about a player's choice of school in another context than this board. I was that old guy talking chit to an 18 year old. This is no reflection on the good humor of this thread, and I cast no judgment on any other poster, but I don't want to be that guy.

I don't have any ill will toward Jordan Tucker. I hope he will be happy at Duke. That said, I do suspect he will regret his decision. I don't think he's a starter on such a loaded team. He might even be lucky to crack their rotation.

That's not a knock on the kid, nor does it mean we shouldn't have recruited him. It does, however, speak volumes about how good Duke will be next year.

I would not be surprised to see him transfer in a year or two. We shall see...

I think he'll regret it as well. At the end of the day these are kids and I won't hold ill will either. Some (most) will probably look back and wonder what if. It's a decision I'd have difficulty making now let alone at 18.

Playing with and against the players on that team, he will become as good as he would somewhere else. He just might not get as much court time as he would have going to a lesser program.
Chances are that he will be able to play at relatively the same level after college regardless.

Finding fault with Coach K for building the best team he can is...something.

I do find it interesting how so many kids are willing to go to Duke when they know he plays a short bench. So many AA's have gone there, rode the pine, and transferred out. It's something Boeheim is knocked for, but Coach K uses his bench the exact same way.

Yet Duke often seems to have big recruits as their 8th-12th men riding the pine.

There is an article today listing our highest rated recruits for past decade. The last top ten recruit we got was Donte. The disparity between us and Duke is significant as they get multiple top guys every year. Yet, we are nearly always competitive with them and do beat them on occasion. Amazing results/performance by our players and coaches over the years.

I don't have any ill will toward Jordan Tucker. I hope he will be happy at Duke. That said, I do suspect he will regret his decision. I don't think he's a starter on such a loaded team. He might even be lucky to crack their rotation.

That's not a knock on the kid, nor does it mean we shouldn't have recruited him. It does, however, speak volumes about how good Duke will be next year.

I would not be surprised to see him transfer in a year or two. We shall see...
He's basically marrying a rockstar who is going to continue seeing dozens of women in every city he goes to, treats them like garbage, then gets divorced in 2 years. But at least they get a good story out of it.

He's basically marrying a rockstar who is going to continue seeing dozens of women in every city he goes to, treats them like garbage, then gets divorced in 2 years. But at least they get a good story out of it.
and some coin...

This thread rubs me the wrong way. We're adults and we're making fun of a kid for getting recruited over and believing things would have been better for him had he gone to SU. At the end of the day, this was his decision to make. There were a number of missteps in his recruit by both parties if you believe what you read on here.

Duke is Duke. When they come calling, kids are going to pay attention. Is it his fault he was recruited over? No. No one saw Bagley reclassifying and heading to Durham. Many thought he was going to stay out West and possibly heading to SC. If Duke has the "one and dones" they appear to have on paper plus Grayson Allen graduating, Tucker will be playing more in 2018-19. Syracuse will be fine without him, but I hate stooping to this level. It represents the fanbase poorly.

This thread rubs someone the wrong way who has trashed the players on our roster in the past LOL.

This thread rubs me the wrong way. We're adults and we're making fun of a kid for getting recruited over and believing things would have been better for him had he gone to SU. At the end of the day, this was his decision to make. There were a number of missteps in his recruit by both parties if you believe what you read on here.

Duke is Duke. When they come calling, kids are going to pay attention. Is it his fault he was recruited over? No. No one saw Bagley reclassifying and heading to Durham. Many thought he was going to stay out West and possibly heading to SC. If Duke has the "one and dones" they appear to have on paper plus Grayson Allen graduating, Tucker will be playing more in 2018-19. Syracuse will be fine without him, but I hate stooping to this level. It represents the fanbase poorly.
Screw Duke.

I'm more concerned with Dr. Tucker rather than Jordan Tucker. Having said that; forget this PC crappola, I hope he rides the Duke pine until he transfers to Gonzaga...
I view it as less "PC crappola" and more "grown men not being towards children." YMMV.

To be fair, I don't think voicing opinions on this board is the end of the world, but if you're hitting him up on social media to tell him he screwed up (which some of our fans are doing), you should be reevaluating your life choices.

FWIW, looking at his last couple posts on Twitter, it's a lot of love for Bagley and vouching for Tyus Battle as a 1st round pick.

Personally, I'm happy he chose Duke. I wish him well, and that's about all I have to say. I'm glad the way things worked out. Happy to have Hughes, after his transfer year than Tucker this upcoming year. Along with Marek, who may or may not have come. Not sure, but Tucker was drama that we don't need. We have a cohesive unit, hopefully. Aside from TT rumors, that I'm not going to believe for my own sanity.

I view it as less "PC crappola" and more "grown men not being towards children." YMMV.

To be fair, I don't think voicing opinions on this board is the end of the world, but if you're hitting him up on social media to tell him he screwed up (which some of our fans are doing), you should be reevaluating your life choices.

FWIW, looking at his last couple posts on Twitter, it's a lot of love for Bagley and vouching for Tyus Battle as a 1st round pick.

SMH, that Cuse '91 post you quoted was flat out ridiculous. Wow.

Tucker could be looking at the same trajectory. Sure there's more oxygen to breath in the 18-19 season (post Bagley, Duval, Allen, Carter, et al), but that won't last with Duke's recruiting. He could be recruited over next cycle. I think 0307's right that Tucker and Bolden will be on the outside looking in. My gripe is not that Tucker chose Duke. Great program with good academics. But he spent lots of time being courted by SU only to jump on the K bandwagon at the 11th hour when Duke got snubbed by another prospect. It was apparently lost on him that he was an afterthought in Duke's recruiting, so I hope he's not surprised when he's an afterthought on K's roster.

As far as Tucker's fit at SU, I'm not saying he's any better - right now - than Brissett/Dolezaj, but he'd probably have a better chance at PT (and getting developed) if he had danced with the one that brung him.

Didn't Cuse basically stop recruiting him for months? Then went back and started recruiting him again?

Pretty sure that was the story. Hard to claim Cuse was "the one that brung him" when we had previously backed off him.

Didn't Cuse basically stop recruiting him for months? Then went back and started recruiting him again?

Pretty sure that was the story. Hard to claim Cuse was "the one that brung him" when we had previously backed off him.
The difference is, we were on him, more or less, from the beginning (per the link, back in August 2016), whereas clearly he was a plan B (or C) for Duke after they lost Knox very late in the process (mid-May 2017). We might not have had the whole staff recruiting him (given our restrictions). But my information is that he told us he was genuinely interested in the 'Cuse last year, and we took him at his word and spent a great deal of precious resources on him last fall, all through the winter and right down to the end of the recruiting cycle (May of this year). He rewarded us by jumping on a last-minute hand-out from Duke. He did this, IMHO, not because K actually thought enough of him to spend 5 minutes recruiting him in the 9-12 months before that (he didn't) or because it was the best prospect for his development as a player (he was recruited over within weeks). The minute he saw some bling poof. Yes, it was his choice. Yes, that's recruiting (you get screwed sometimes; Green did the same thing). But I think it's fair to say we "brung him", and, without having all the inside information, the way it went down leaves me with some serious questions about his sincerity. He's a Dukie now. BOL. But Karma's a b.

Recruiting: Tucker says SU pursuing him "very hard"

Last edited:
Well, at this point, I hope he learns in practice and improves. Has a Silent G type career somewhere else.

More pissed we somehow fell off Killa Cam's map.

Jordan will be taught well, and practice against kids who could be in the NBA already. Nothing wrong with that, but he's not playing there much at all.

There is an article today listing our highest rated recruits for past decade. The last top ten recruit we got was Donte. The disparity between us and Duke is significant as they get multiple top guys every year. Yet, we are nearly always competitive with them and do beat them on occasion. Amazing results/performance by our players and coaches over the years.
But, but, the zone.
This is why.

I think the bashing is pathetic, i really do, he is a kid who made a decision, as parents we teach our children to trust themselves, have conviction and shoot for the stars, it is public knowledge he always wanted Duke, no matter what, his gut told him Duke, that's it, nothing against us, just let it go, you guys belong in the principals office. Grow up, and do you think any of this helps our future recruiting?

Nothing but love for ya Jordan; hope you will be a 4 year 1st Team All-ACC player for Duke...

Last edited:
Unfortunately for Tucker and his family they should of seen this coming a mile away. Also I'd like to criticize coach k for pursuing a kid whom he probably knew he wouldn't really play and would sit on the bench. It's pretty disgusting and now Tucker won't be playing this year.
K' s job is to get the 13 best players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom