Hey TexanMark | Syracusefan.com

Hey TexanMark

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Need to touch based with you on the Fine Lot. Seems the doomsday scenario is here.

I thought only raynor is in trouble for '12.

It is but there bumping the high donors from there over to the Fine Lot and its up in the air as to who gets to stay or who gets bumped from there to accomodate teh Raynor guys. The level of $$ to park in Fine has now likely shot through the roof.

The 175 cars from RAY have to go somewhere. Looks like everyone within Zone A may get shuffled.

Maybe RAY to STADIUM ... STADIUM to FINE ... FINE to STNDARD.

flows downhill, and so does West Lot parking. :)

The 175 cars from RAY have to go somewhere. Looks like everyone within Zone A may get shuffled.

Maybe RAY to STADIUM ... STADIUM to FINE ... FINE to STNDARD.

**** flows downhill, and so does West Lot parking. :)
Ahh. Got it

The Standart Lot is not a bad option. It is really large, which is nice and if you get there early (as we do), you can actually park far closer to the Dome than we could at Fine. It is also far less uphill from the upper part of the Standart lot to the Dome than it is from the Fine Lot, something some of our posters would really like. The upper part of Standart is quite a bit flatter too, which will make it easier setting up tents, tables, etc.

The Standart Lot is not a bad option. It is really large, which is nice and if you get there early (as we do), you can actually park far closer to the Dome than we could at Fine. It is also far less uphill from the upper part of the Standart lot to the Dome than it is from the Fine Lot, something some of our posters would really like. The upper part of Standart is quite a bit flatter too, which will make it easier setting up tents, tables, etc.

Seems Standart would work for us Tom but I wonder if most of us woudl get bumped back farther then that to Manley South or god knows where

manley north is 75% empty most games.. manley south is actually somewhat full.

manley north is 75% empty most games.. .

So is Raynor, which is what makes this move so disappointing. They're accommodating people who don't regularly use their parking passes.

I can't think of another alternative - it's important to give priority to the biggest boosters - but it's likely to bump diehards in favor of those who leave the lot more than half empty every Saturday.

Yuck...I'll call you after dinner tonight to discuss. Standart might be a decent backup for this year...we'll have to wait and see. We already discussed a few options: Standart, Manley North or a private lot on the Hill. Pros and Cons to all of them.

In regards to Standart...SU did some land trading with SUNY-ESF. Standart might not be as big as we think. I think we'll have to wait until the season renewals come out and see where they are putting us.

In regards to Standart...SU did some land trading with SUNY-ESF. Standart might not be as big as we think. I think we'll have to wait until the season renewals come out and see where they are putting us.

After reading Tomcats post and looking at the map again I think Standart would be our best bet. Practically next door and would be an easy transition. I know we have some connections on the hill we may want to look into seeing if they can grandfather in a handfull of us to fine or standart. I am not a huge fan of Manley North or South. I think a private lot woudl work but can we find one big enough and relatively near the Dome?

After reading Tomcats post and looking at the map again I think Standart would be our best bet. Practically next door and would be an easy transition. I know we have some connections on the hill we may want to look into seeing if they can grandfather in a handfull of us to fine or standart. I am not a huge fan of Manley North or South. I think a private lot woudl work but can we find one big enough and relatively near the Dome?

I looked at my cuse account...the charge for my tix, parking is already posted but no details from what I could see...the pricing looks about the same as last year. So I don't think they'll raise parking fees too much...however we'll have to see if the Orange Club donation level goes up. The invoice is due March 31st...so we have 6-8 weeks to get a consensus and execute.

I have been parking there for basketball for several years now. Unless there is more happening there than the construction of their dorm just south of Standart, which was completed over the summer, I think we should be good on this.

Link to Map

I looked at my cuse account...the charge for my tix, parking is already posted but no details from what I could see...the pricing looks about the same as last year. So I don't think they'll raise parking fees too much...however we'll have to see if the Orange Club donation level goes up. The invoice is due March 31st...so we have 6-8 weeks to get a consensus and execute.

Mark one thing to note from the letter I got today it appears you are given a level based on last years donation to the orange pack/where you parked. Unless the amount you donate this year goes up (big shock I know), SU will evaluate how many bigger donors they need to move into Fine and then disperse out the rest of us as they go down the line. IE we really have no idea where SU may or may not put us, half of us could be in Standart, another few in fine and a couple banished to Manley and beyond. Unlike last year when you paid the Orange Pack Fee and request Fine this year you basically write the check and bend over to see how hard you get F#cked.

I am not a huge fan of Manley North or South.

Even though I'm the commish of the biggest tailgate in North Manley, I agree with Jeremy.

My crew uses North Manley simply based on there being so many of us and needing permit accommodations for a ton of people

From a geographic standpoint and a social standpoint it's like being in Siberia. I can't argue that

It works for us and we have the greatest parking attendant in the history of the university(the man is truly an angel), but I would actually recommend staying closer to the action

Even though I'm the commish of the biggest tailgate in North Manley, I agree with Jeremy.

My crew uses North Manley simply based on there being so many of us and needing permit accommodations for a ton of people

From a geographic standpoint and a social standpoint it's like being in Siberia. I can't argue that

It works for us and we have the greatest parking attendant in the history of the university(the man is truly an angel), but I would actually recommend staying closer to the action

Thanks 690, what you posted is exactly what I was afraid of, your so far away from the dome that you might as well be parked at the Fairgrounds. With the Fine Lot you got the atmosphere and social interaction to go along with a great tailgate. Plus when the game was over you werent trying to fight some middle aged lady pushing 400 pounds with her 4 kids for a shuttle ride. Really hoping at worst we get Standart but I am sure we will get screwed.

I have been parking there for basketball for several years now. Unless there is more happening there than the construction of their dorm just south of Standart, which was completed over the summer, I think we should be good on this.

Link to Map

SU and ESF swapped the east end of Standart with the similarly-sized parcel directly north (the block bounded by Stadium, Standart, Henry, and Raynor, with like ten houses on it) last year.

ESF is building a new academic building on its portion of the Standart lot, and it might break ground this summer. SU is going to raze the houses on its new lot, but I don't know if it'll be used for construction staging or for Dome parking in the short-term.

Great info Otto. Wow, the area west of the Dome is undergoing massive changes...seems like just about every block is being affected by it in one fashion or another. I hope the university understands the need for parking close to the Dome and reserves this parcel to replace Standart.

Yikes, next year I have no parking lot for football or basketball.

If there were ever a time to revive the train service, this would be it. The rest of this decade is going to bring some inconvenience to people who park near the Dome.

If there were ever a time to revive the train service, this would be it. The rest of this decade is going to bring some inconvenience to people who park near the Dome.
Seems the days of parking near the dome are pretty much over. Not good. And very unappealing.

I received a letter today stating there may be changes to parking because the Raymor lot will no longer be available. There 's not chance they will let us know about our parking passes before we have to renew. I have always been in Fine for football and Standard for hoops.

They're aiming for a one-for-one replacement of spaces, all in garages along Fineview or Henry. During the construction period, though, they're going to be short.

They're aiming for a one-for-one replacement of spaces, all in garages along Fineview or Henry. During the construction period, though, they're going to be short.

Is SU ed? They act like we have a Uconn size parking lot surrounding the dome like they do at the Rent. Only SU would over the few remaining fball and tailgate fans they have. Do they realize they need to have at least some parking near the dome????

Is SU ed? They act like we have a Uconn size parking lot surrounding the dome like they do at the Rent. Only SU would over the few remaining fball and tailgate fans they have. Do they realize they need to have at least some parking near the dome????

You would think that with all the fan unfriendly decisions they have made, they are trying to kill off the football program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom