Hip Hop thread

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Been kinda digging deep lately in terms of anything and everything not politically related per se.
my current playlist has
Jonwayne
Dangelo
Dominic Fike who I think will fall victim to “selling out”
El-p’s “Capone” soundtrack tracks
It’s a weird time so whatever works... works
Do you know about Griselda Records(from Buffalo)? They mentioned UTICA on their group album last fall, lol.

That D’Angelo album that came out like 5 years ago was a pleasant surprise. Really liked that album, especially “The Charade”.

Pearl309

Hall of Fame
Do you know about Griselda Records(from Buffalo)? They mentioned UTICA on their group album last fall, lol.

That D’Angelo album that came out like 5 years ago was a pleasant surprise. Really liked that album, especially “The Charade”.
Lol haven’t check them out yet but will. I’m really enjoying the existential vocalists lately, oddly. Seems so maybe silly at first listen and then after the second third I’m like ... ahhhhhh ok.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
So I think I like Conway’s album better than Nas’s.

“Seen Everything But Jesus” to me is just that standout track that Nas didn’t really have on this new one.

And I LOVE the production. He kept the core Griselda guys in Daringer, Alchemist, and Beat Butcha, but then you’ve got guys like Havoc, Premo, Erick Sermon and Rockwilder, and Khrysis who bring something a little different...but still fit the aesthetic. And Hit Boy too - I think I like the beat he did here better than any of the ones on Nas album.

Obviously Conway is not the MC that Nas is, but he’s good. Strong project IMO.

ssbriefcase

All American
So I think I like Conway’s album better than Nas’s.

“Seen Everything But Jesus” to me is just that standout track that Nas didn’t really have on this new one.

And I LOVE the production. He kept the core Griselda guys in Daringer, Alchemist, and Beat Butcha, but then you’ve got guys like Havoc, Premo, Erick Sermon and Rockwilder, and Khrysis who bring something a little different...but still fit the aesthetic. And Hit Boy too - I think I like the beat he did here better than any of the ones on Nas album.

Obviously Conway is not the MC that Nas is, but he’s good. Strong project IMO.
Finally got to listen to this a lot. 4/5. Agree with everything you said. The producers really shined on it. Conway's a really strong lyricist. One knock on Griselda I'd say, is they're not very versatile, sort of type cast in their style, but he solved that on Anza and another one I'm forgetting. Of course I didn't miss this;
I had rappers in my section tryna drink up my bottles like groupies
Ain't no rapper stoppin' my two-three
That's the zone I'm in, I write with a golden pen

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Finally got to listen to this a lot. 4/5. Agree with everything you said. The producers really shined on it. Conway's a really strong lyricist. One knock on Griselda I'd say, is they're not very versatile, sort of type cast in their style, but he solved that on Anza and another one I'm forgetting. Of course I didn't miss this;
I had rappers in my section tryna drink up my bottles like groupies
Ain't no rapper stoppin' my two-three
That's the zone I'm in, I write with a golden pen
Yeah, of the 3 I think Conway has the most potential versatility in both his flow and content...he just hasn’t used it as much as he could. Like you said,he did it a bit more on here.

It was driving me nuts trying to place what Biggie song the drums for “Jesus Khrysis” came from. Finally came to me - it was “Dead Wrong”.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
So Benny is not putting an album out this Friday. Album is still in the works though. Thats ok, Conway made an album with repeat value.

Former UNC PG Quentin Thomas raps under the name GQ. He just put an EP that’s pretty good. 9th Wonder on production. This is the single.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
WSG’s album was “eh”, but Benny’s!!? This is better than Nas’s album and I’m leaning towards better than Conway’s too but I gotta give it more time.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
I’m so behind on music I’m still catching up from like ten years ago
I had a stretch where for a few years I hardly listened to anything new, and got in the habit of just listening to the same stuff I’d heard hundreds of times. Been keeping up the last 2-3 years though and catching up on stuff I missed.

First time I’ve heard Ras Kass in a long time...not used to his voice sounding like that! It was still good,just different from how I remember him sounding.

Apollo Brown is a great producer. This is one of my favorites from him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom