Hip Hop thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Hip Hop thread

My guy Phonte with verse of the year as far as I’m concerned. Then former Griselda running mate Mach Homme nearly matches him.

Your Old Droog came nice too. This song is ridiculous.

Hardest song on the album (IMO)has a video now.

Also the deluxe version of the album is out today with 5 new songs.

Related side note:

I bought a sealed CD copy of WestSide Gunn’s FlyGod CD awhile back for like $50. I see one copy of this listed on EBay for $150 now. Physical copies of their albums sell out and some of them go for crazy prices resale. Much moreso the vinyl.

The FlyGod album is not available on any streaming platforms, there doesn’t seem to be many copies of it, and it’s arguably the best album to come from that camp but either way it’s the one that really kinda put them on the map.

Debating seeing if I can make $100 profit or so on it now while they’re hot and the album is hard to find, or...

Maybe over time the album only gets harder to find, their stature continues to grow, CDs experience the revival that vinyl and sports cards have, and I can get much more for the album?

Tough call. I gotta find out why it’s not streaming and see if that likely to continue. I’d assume sample clearance issues.

Also, I found a download link for the album a long time ago, but nobody really does that anymore. I just wanted the album on my phone, without having to open the unsealed CD.

Related side note:

I bought a sealed CD copy of WestSide Gunn’s FlyGod CD awhile back for like $50. I see one copy of this listed on EBay for $150 now. Physical copies of their albums sell out and some of them go for crazy prices resale. Much moreso the vinyl.

The FlyGod album is not available on any streaming platforms, there doesn’t seem to be many copies of it, and it’s arguably the best album to come from that camp but either way it’s the one that really kinda put them on the map.

Debating seeing if I can make $100 profit or so on it now while they’re hot and the album is hard to find, or...

Maybe over time the album only gets harder to find, their stature continues to grow, CDs experience the revival that vinyl and sports cards have, and I can get much more for the album?

Tough call. I gotta find out why it’s not streaming and see if that likely to continue. I’d assume sample clearance issues.

Also, I found a download link for the album a long time ago, but nobody really does that anymore. I just wanted the album on my phone, without having to open the unsealed CD.
On a sort of related note, I wound up binge ordering vinyl. I don't even own a record player, but will soon, to go with my Sonos I got a couple months ago. I just couldn't stop ordering, they're cheap, they're really cool with art work information inside the leafs. Even better most are coming out with crazy colored albums. So far I got Raekwon, Only Built for Cuban Linx (purple double albums)
Mantronix, Needle to the Groove, 45
Just Ice, Cold Gettin Dumb, 45
Boogie Down Productions, Criminal Minded (red album)
They have box sets, etc. Come to think of it, maybe I got this place from you DW? I can't remember who told me about it?

On a sort of related note, I wound up binge ordering vinyl. I don't even own a record player, but will soon, to go with my Sonos I got a couple months ago. I just couldn't stop ordering, they're cheap, they're really cool with art work information inside the leafs. Even better most are coming out with crazy colored albums. So far I got Raekwon, Only Built for Cuban Linx (purple double albums)
Mantronix, Needle to the Groove, 45
Just Ice, Cold Gettin Dumb, 45
Boogie Down Productions, Criminal Minded (red album)
They have box sets, etc. Come to think of it, maybe I got this place from you DW? I can't remember who told me about it?

Ha, nice! I’ve also bought a couple vinyl albums while not owning a vinyl player. I don’t think it was me who was on that site though.

I got Little Brother - May the Lord Watch and Prince - Sign O The Times which just got remastered(badly needed). I just went with the record for like $30 for Prince, but there was like a whole box set with extras and vault tracks and all that (maybe a book too) that was like $200.

I was thinking of looking for some old gems that cost next to nothing to build my collection up, and finding a decent record player but haven’t yet.

That Raekwon purple vinyl sounds cool. I wonder what the original “purple tapes” go for now? Seems like something that would go for a lot of $.

Ha, nice! I’ve also bought a couple vinyl albums while not owning a vinyl player. I don’t think it was me who was on that site though.

I got Little Brother - May the Lord Watch and Prince - Sign O The Times which just got remastered(badly needed). I just went with the record for like $30 for Prince, but there was like a whole box set with extras and vault tracks and all that (maybe a book too) that was like $200.

I was thinking of looking for some old gems that cost next to nothing to build my collection up, and finding a decent record player but haven’t yet.

That Raekwon purple vinyl sounds cool. I wonder what the original “purple tapes” go for now? Seems like something that would go for a lot of $.
Yeah, they even came with the purple tape stickers that have the track list on them. The inside tells the stories like a mini book too. Cool stuff.
1608407357205.jpeg

1608407442319.jpeg

That’s incredible! Alright, that’s going on my radar to purchase too, lol.
I mean, that album is top 10 all time for me. See, stuff's addicting once you go on that site, and once you have it in your possession it's even better. How can I not buy the whole box set of Biggie, how??

At first I was like that sucks, but I don't know who that is. Then I see that was Zev Love X, dam!

Yeah - I could likely have picked a more representative clip - that's just one I had put back in rotation recently (that he produced) so went with it

This was the first song I heard him on. Been a huge fan ever since. RIP MF DOOM.

I just stumbled across this gem whilst watching some Netflix...truly a forgotten hip-hop masterpiece

I was going to ask a few weeks back on everyone's album of the year? I'm going with Conway, he can't be denied with that one imo, showed a lot of versatility. Steady rise to the top.

I was going to ask a few weeks back on everyone's album of the year? I'm going with Conway, he can't be denied with that one imo, showed a lot of versatility. Steady rise to the top.

I agree, I’d go with Conway too. Gibbs/Alchemist right there too.

Throwback that popped up on Spotify for me today. Such a smooth one. Always lold at the way theyre giving each other props in this one. They really should’ve made a duo album together at some point. Every single song they did together was great.

Just got this delivered yesterday. The collection is slowly growing. I'm addicted to the colored vinyl ones.
1612116883051.png

So I'm way late to this but I heard Bilingue from Snow Tha Product yesterday and the switches between English and Spanish and just the entire lyric construction is amazing and so clever. I speak Spanish so it was easy for me to follow but I think there's a brilliance here that people can pick up on even if they only speak one of the languages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom