Hip Hop thread | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Hip Hop thread

So Conway Presents, is like most all "Presents", nope. Wanted a lot more from Magic 2. I feel Nas needs that album that captures his legendary status. Hasn't happened since Life Is Good, imo. A true true classic

So Conway Presents, is like most all "Presents", nope. Wanted a lot more from Magic 2. I feel Nas needs that album that captures his legendary status. Hasn't happened since Life Is Good, imo. A true true classic
I haven’t listened to that Conway Drumworks thing yet….I think for that reason. I see “presents” and “compilation” album and think “eh, it’s gonna be 2.5/5 with all his weed carriers all over it”.

I haven’t listened to that Conway Drumworks thing yet….I think for that reason. I see “presents” and “compilation” album and think “eh, it’s gonna be 2.5/5 with all his weed carriers all over it”.
You nailed it without listening, good work!

You nailed it without listening, good work!
Lol, I think every compilation or “presents” ever was like that.

Benny said months ago his next album would come out in August, so hopefully that happens.

Ok, related to Organized Konfusion….

I think an argument can be made that this song is one of the best things Pharoahe Monch did. One of the best things Mos Def did. And one of the best things Nate Dogg did. And they all had great careers. I played this constantly when it came out.

Killer Mike’s album might be the best one I’ve heard this year. Really love the beats - soulful and it knocks. Sounds amazing in the car. Can’t get enough of this one at the moment:

Killer Mike’s album might be the best one I’ve heard this year. Really love the beats - soulful and it knocks. Sounds amazing in the car. Can’t get enough of this one at the moment:

Yep, thought it was very solid. You're right, it noticeably knocks

Yep, thought it was very solid. You're right, it noticeably knocks
I listened to a lot of it on headphones….and then didn’t go back for awhile. Then I listened to the whole thing in the car….I think that elevated the experience with this one. It just sounds better in the car to me. I really like the “musicality” of the beats….basslines, organs, drums that hit, etc.

Also really liking Khrysis - Follow The Music which came out today. It’s all instrumentals, which I don’t always love even from my favorites….but 14 tracks in 26 minutes….I think that’s the way to do it. And most tracks have an “interlude” beat switch at the end, so it keeps things from getting monotonous.

Really liking this one…

I listened to a lot of it on headphones….and then didn’t go back for awhile. Then I listened to the whole thing in the car….I think that elevated the experience with this one. It just sounds better in the car to me. I really like the “musicality” of the beats….basslines, organs, drums that hit, etc.
100%

1693615737361.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom