Hofstra / Vermont and Yale Scrimmages | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Hofstra / Vermont and Yale Scrimmages

Injury/redshirt notes
– Scanlan iced his foot after the Vermont scrimmage and looked to be walking with a slight limp throughout. He was not available to the media after the game, but a team official said Scanlan’s foot isn’t a major concern moving forward.
– Dami Oladunmoye did not play in either scrimmage with an illness, but he has regained academic eligibility after losing all of 2019. Desko said Oladunmoye should be back for the opener against Colgate.
– David Lipka didn’t play with an undisclosed injury, but Desko said he expects Lipka back for the opener.
– Jack Kennedy is out, likely for the season, with an upper body injury.
– Per Desko, freshmen faceoff men Gavin Kline and Luke Talago will likely redshirt.

Great article by the DO - really in-depth analysis of the Orange offense and how it differs from last year, all with video clips to demonstrate what they are talking about. We hardly ever seen analysis done like this in the lacrosse world, very much appreciated. Biggest takeaway is that the offense will be more compact and more dodges will come from the wings. Understand they just watched one scrimmage, but sounds like Dordevic will have a lot of responsibility this year. They said they were unclear about Curry's role, but the junior still finished with six points on the day, so I would have liked some more insight into that comment. Hope they keep writing articles like this one.

The Scanlan injury is a bit worrisome, curious if he plays against Yale. Doesn't sound serious but I never feel like I can trust an injury report coming from SU.

I think Sunday is going to tell us a lot. Yale is pretty loaded once again with a Sr heavy lineup on both sides of the ball. They do appear somewhat weak at Midfield from what I can tell and maybe at SSDM.
Agreed. Offensively Yale is not returning a lot of points at midfield, but Morrill, Gaudet, and Brandau combined scored over 140 goals. The offense runs through them with TD getting them possessions.

Agreed. Offensively Yale is not returning a lot of points at midfield, but Morrill, Gaudet, and Brandau combined scored over 140 goals. The offense runs through them with TD getting them possessions.

Yup and I think this the type of game where SU would look to bump down Kennedy to cover an elite attackmen, I am assuming Brandau while Mellen takes Morrill and the third close guy (whoever that is) takes Gaudet.

Lookback Yale was up 17-6 after 3q before starters subbed by both. Our experienced close was overeacting to their motion n Gaudet n Rooney were getting easy shots in close off feeds by Morrill. Their attack has Bradau who emeged as star in Ncaas. With Gaudet n Morrill, their attack is amongst the best. Midfield not as strong but solid n u know Ierlan give them plenty of possessions .Be a great test for Cuse however comprised.. ..Dordevic n Refhuss missed Yale scrimmage last year n recall O rushed shots instead of swinging around. Wouldnt mind if Scanlan n Lipka sat to ensure readiness for opener.Berkman is a comer who provides quality depth along with Seebold n Quinn could use additional reps if 6th imid

Great article by the DO - really in-depth analysis of the Orange offense and how it differs from last year, all with video clips to demonstrate what they are talking about. We hardly ever seen analysis done like this in the lacrosse world, very much appreciated. Biggest takeaway is that the offense will be more compact and more dodges will come from the wings. Understand they just watched one scrimmage, but sounds like Dordevic will have a lot of responsibility this year. They said they were unclear about Curry's role, but the junior still finished with six points on the day, so I would have liked some more insight into that comment. Hope they keep writing articles like this one.

The Scanlan injury is a bit worrisome, curious if he plays against Yale. Doesn't sound serious but I never feel like I can trust an injury report coming from SU.

Ya SU is notorious for not being upfront with injuries and time frames on injuries but the fact he played both games I think is a good sign. That said if there is any concern he should sit out the Yale scrimmage and maybe even the Colgate game, why risk it. One thing I would note about the offense is that I have to think Desko and March with the second scrimmage open to the public purposefully kept things Vanilla maybe more so then the Hofstra game.

Sounds similar to last where we get off to slow start defensively in 1q overreacting to their motion and sliding early. At least this year our offense is producing agaisnt their starters. in first three quarters .Wonder about possessions, how our fogos are doing agaisnt Ierlan, last year Varello did fairly well agaisnt him

Love it. This is great. We are neck and neck with an elite team folks.

Definitely promising considering last years performance. Do wonder how long they played starters for. Giving up seven first quarter goals is not great but good to see the team battle back.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry is this real? Are we really to believe Ivy League teams don’t pick up a stick until February? Aren't there captains practices and aren’t those not so different from “real practices”? This tweet seems inappropriate for an official account to put out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom