Holy Cross Game Thread... | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Holy Cross Game Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure the HC coach was just smirking. He knows he is getting a lot of help right now.

Not sure if mentioned but Scoop took the first series or two and Carl Jones has played the entire second half since.

I’m not like many idiots who hate every single personal foul call, I agree about player safety. Hell our qb the last few years took many way worse shots than that. But that one?? I mean the idiot qb just stood there. Tackling involves some degree of lowering the helmet. It’s called leverage. He literally hit him with cross forearms first.

That was targeting. Football is soft now, but in this new world, it is. You just can’t lower your helmet there. Same hit with head up isn’t targeting.

Haha... ok, I love the suplex.

Finally some nastiness from this D

as someone else said upthread, if the QB wasn't literally standing still - if he or another ball carrier was moving at the time of contact - there's no flag thrown

Not sure if mentioned but Scoop took the first series or two and Carl Jones has played the entire second half since.

Injury? Scoop has been picked on quite a bit this year with Iffy out.

Shameful officiating. Fully support the suplex. Give 42 a game ball.

They need to add some subjectivity into those type of penalties. Rule of law vs spirit of law. The intent of the rule is to protect the QB for malicious, unnecessary hits, especially to the head. There was nothing malicious about this hit, it was just a clean, hard hit because the QB held onto the ball too long. This stupid rule has too many yes/no things the ref look for.

as someone else said upthread, if the QB wasn't literally standing still - if he or another ball carrier was moving at the time of contact - there's no flag thrown
Probably correct. The QB stood there like a deer in headlights.

Instinct has you lower your head there as well, but you open yourself up to that call when you do it.

I’m not like many idiots who hate every single personal foul call, I agree about player safety. Hell our qb the last few years too many way worse shots than that. But that one?? I mean the idiot qb just stood there. Tackle involves some degree of lowering the helmet. It’s called leverage. He literally hit him with cross forearms first.
Their QB looked like a deer in headlights and just crumbled when he got hit. That’s more on the QB than anyone.

Injury? Scoop has been picked on quite a bit this year with Iffy out.

I don’t think he’s really been picked on. Wmu seemed to go away from him but either way he’s been pretty solid in relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.