Home Big East record since 2004 season..... | Syracusefan.com

Home Big East record since 2004 season.....

Obie9

Co-Winner 2017 2nd Chance Challenge
3-19.

Wow!!! Doug Marrone is 1-7 at home in the Big East. At this rate, he is really not doing any better then Greg Robinson, as he was 2-12 over his last four seasons.

I'm not posting this as anti-marrone, but I'm confused by all the love this board gives to Doug. My confusion is nothing new as many including Orangeyes can confirm. I have not been impressed with Mr. Marrone since he came on board. We are tacking posts on the board to vote this guy as coach of the year and complain about the attendance to these games. Really!!!!! Start winning at home versus conference opponents and the attitudes of the students and townies will change. Coach of the year,.....really! :confused:

turning around a college football program is a long, painful, and tedious process. So I am not killing Doug too much. Doug was horrible today, no doubt. This loss is on him. But I'm not killing him for being 1-7 at home vs Big East teams. He walked into a total mess and it won't be turned around overnight. NO EXCUSE FOR TODAY, but gotta keep it in perspective to what he walked into.

I really just wish Marrone would call the offensive plays. I don't get why he doesn't. He is an "offensive guy" with NFL experience, just take control of that aspect. Other than that I have no problems with Doug.....YET!

So, you endorse canning him and finding someone else? Is that what you're suggesting? Really? In year 3? Really?

turning around a college football program is a long, painful, and tedious process. So I am not killing Doug too much. Doug was horrible today, no doubt. This loss is on him. But I'm not killing him for being 1-7 at home vs Big East teams. He walked into a total mess and it won't be turned around overnight. NO EXCUSE FOR TODAY, but gotta keep it in perspective to what he walked into.

I really just wish Marrone would call the offensive plays. I don't get why he doesn't. He is an "offensive guy" with NFL experience, just take control of that aspect. Other than that I have no problems with Doug.....YET!
Hey, I'm not out to smear Doug either. I hope he is successful and is able to turn this team around. But at this point, he should not be on the pedestal that seemingly everyone here places him on. Facts are facts, and when it comes to winning home conference games, Greg Robinson actually has a higher winning percentage then Doug Marrone, and that is pathetic.

So, you endorse canning him and finding someone else? Is that what you're suggesting? Really? In year 3? Really?
I think you are not comprehending my message. Where in my post did I suggest he be fired? I'm simply asking why so many people place him on a pedestal. Again, look up at the tacked posts. People are actually voting him as coach of the year and in the same breath smear Greg Robinson (and his coaching staff). Yet, his home record is no better the Greg's. I just cannot understand why.

Apologies. Are you saying you would rather have Greggers as coach now? My point is that this team plays from whistle to whistle. And I feel that the team would not have 3 wins this season if he was still coach. Feel free to disagree. UConn just lost to W. Mich. happens. I am not placing him on the pedestal either. But the vitriol on this board after this loss is just ridiculous.

Give the D credit today playing undermanned...but let's face it, chalk up 3 more L's at home to finish the season. This offense is so predictable and vanilla.

This is a 1-4 team disguised as 3-2. Tulane and Uconn might be our only shots at wins down the stretch... 5-7 is my guess.

Apologies. Are you saying you would rather have Greggers as coach now?
That's not at all what he's saying. I believe what he's saying is that a number of people on the board regularly post a considerable amount of support, optimism and faith in Marrone that does not seem to be in line with his actual accomplishments.

Right now he's a .500 coach with a brutal home record in conference that has benefitted from four wins over sub-division teams in his career. A few weeks ago we had a thread on here that many agreed with suggesting that Marrone was going to be the mirror image of Jim Boeheim for the football program in terms of both success and longevity.

Think about how insane that is for a second.

What Obie is posting has NOTHING to do with Greg Robinson.

3-19.

Wow!!! Doug Marrone is 1-7 at home in the Big East. At this rate, he is really not doing any better then Greg Robinson, as he was 2-12 over his last four seasons.

I'm not posting this as anti-marrone, but I'm confused by all the love this board gives to Doug. My confusion is nothing new as many including Orangeyes can confirm. I have not been impressed with Mr. Marrone since he came on board. We are tacking posts on the board to vote this guy as coach of the year and complain about the attendance to these games. Really!!!!! Start winning at home versus conference opponents and the attitudes of the students and townies will change. Coach of the year,.....really! :confused:

Since 2010, DM has 11 victories. That's 1 season and 1/3 of another. Greg Robinson won 10 games in 4 years. Doug is better. Have some perspective.

Apologies. Are you saying you would rather have Greggers as coach now? My point is that this team plays from whistle to whistle. And I feel that the team would not have 3 wins this season if he was still coach. Feel free to disagree. UConn just lost to W. Mich. happens. I am not placing him on the pedestal either. But the vitriol on this board after this loss is just ridiculous.
No, not at all. A change was needed, but I think we would still have three wins even if Nancy Canter was coaching. Luck played into 2 of the three wins. I just don't understand the all the love for Doug. I guess I look at things from a different perspective because I'm close to one of the former coaches under Greg Robinson. I do agree that this team fights to the end.

See my post above. See SU vs Akron 2009. Robinson was horrible.

BTW I felt nowhere near the amount of pain today as I did when we lost to the Zips. That was the equivalent of a drunk finding out his wife has left him for another man, his house is under foreclosure, his dog died, and they brought back Prohibition.

Since 2010, DM has 11 victories. That's 1 season and 1/3 of another. Greg Robinson won 10 games in 4 years. Doug is better. Have some perspective.
I really don't think people are getting the point of your post, Obie.

Give the D credit today playing undermanned...but let's face it, chalk up 3 more L's at home to finish the season. This offense is so predictable and vanilla.

This is a 1-4 team disguised as 3-2. Tulane and Uconn might be our only shots at wins down the stretch... 5-7 is my guess.
Um Louisville just lost to Marshall. And just because the offense played terrible today doesn't mean they can't do well the rest of the year. If they won by 2 TDs today, which they probably should have, would you make the same comment? Bad games happen.

So your one of the people that is stuffing his ballot box as coach of the year and complain about the poor home attendance?

Um Louisville just lost to Marshall. And just because the offense played terrible today doesn't mean they can't do well the rest of the year. If they won by 2 TDs today, which they probably should have, would you make the same comment? Bad games happen.

Thank you. I thought I was alone here. Oh, and UConn lost to W.Mich. As you say, bad games happen.

I really don't think people are getting the point of your post, Obie.
No, probably better off being a lurker and going back to the basketball board where I belong.:)

Bad games have happened consistently at the Carrier Dome since 2004. After after six plus years, it is not a bad game. It's a trend. See the first line of this thread, 3-19.

Can't tell me if... If the PAT in Toledo was called correctly, or if WF's QB doesn't get injured... works both ways. This offense does not impress at all, and it primarily comes from the play calling upstairs, not the execution.

Ok, so they may go 6-6, on a best case scenario.

Bad games have happened consistently at the Carrier Dome since 2004. After after six plus years, it is not a bad game. It's a trend. See the first line of this thread, 3-19.

Exactly. Take out the non-conference softies at the Dome, and you have SU's record against true competition, as you alude to.

Exactly. Take out the non-conference softies at the Dome, and you have SU's record against true competition, as you alude to.
and they continue to score 15 a game at home against bcs schools. at least robinson had an excuse. he was a defensive guy (terrible, but still) it shouldn't be that hard to give home fans a little more offense than the corprophagia they saw in the few yrs pre marrone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom