Home Run | Syracusefan.com

Home Run

I pray! :) Also are you implying multiple persons involved? :)

I pray! :) Also are you implying multiple persons involved? :)
If we get to a bowl game this year we are primed to hit our stride in recruiting

I heard nothing but great things

If we get to a bowl game this year we are primed to hit our stride in recruiting

I heard nothing but great things

But did you hear "Screw July 24th, I will be announcing SU tomorrow!"?

In that link Reddish asks him who he's with Edwards reply's "A.C Wayne Hunt and Ebo" does he mean Cornelius, Morgan, Hunt, and Ogundeku? Or is "Wayne Hunt" a person?
Got to imagine it's all the NY guys together and just some missing commas and punctuation.

In that link Reddish asks him who he's with Edwards reply's "A.C Wayne Hunt and Ebo" does he mean Cornelius, Morgan, Hunt, and Ogundeku? Or is "Wayne Hunt" a person?

seriously?

I was also hoping that Wayne Williams joined them, no word that he did, to bad.

the perception will be awesome for the program IF he does commit. but it is worth repeating, this will not be over on 7/24.

I think it has to do with the quote in Texascpas post by abigal Adams. I could be wrong since it's from Cali. Lol

the perception will be awesome for the program IF he does commit. but it is worth repeating, this will not be over on 7/24.
Hoping he stays committed. Even after last year's sudden collapse after being 5-2, I don't think Marrone lost a commit, did he? That's pretty impressive to be able to hold onto everyone after the way the season ended

Brantley and Owens ... but I digress

one week from now we find out ... hoping nothing funny happens (cough*3 am visits* cough)

Brantley and Owens ... but I digress

one week from now we find out ... hoping nothing funny happens (cough*3 am visits* cough)

Brantley going to SEC school is understandable ... Owens to FIU ... wow ... all I can say is wow ... no idea why he would go there.

Home run indeed. Even casual fan friends of mine were stoked they saw Jim Brown at Hancock yesterday and got excited when told it coincided with a visit from a top DE prospect who just happened to be there to meet 44, Dwight and Chandler. Nice to see some enthusiasm from the casual fans.

Home run indeed. Even casual fan friends of mine were stoked they saw Jim Brown at Hancock yesterday and got excited when told it coincided with a visit from a top DE prospect who just happened to be there to meet 44, Dwight and Chandler. Nice to see some enthusiasm from the casual fans.

Dwight, Floyd, Chandler, Mr Brown, Rob Long ... ACC announcement, team shooting video promo for the Meadowland game against top 3 USC, Gus Edwards in tow, wowed by Ernie Davis exhibit (Heisman), Beautiful weather, a lot of friends from the city ... the staff (and TGD) did everything right and everything went smoothly and without a hitch

From what I hear an A++ effort all around

Dwight, Floyd, Chandler, Mr Brown, Rob Long ... ACC announcement, team shooting video promo for the Meadowland game against top 3 USC, Gus Edwards in tow, wowed by Ernie Davis exhibit (Heisman), Beautiful weather, a lot of friends from the city ... the staff (and TGD) did everything right and everything went smoothly and without a hitch

I'd like this twice if I could!

Great post--they really pulled out the stops.

Brantley going to SEC school is understandable ... Owens to FIU ... wow ... all I can say is wow ... no idea why he would go there.
I can think of a couple of reasons:

1. Owens is from Palatka, Fla (south of Jacksonville).
2. Owens' position coach and probably his primary recruiter (Dan Conley) was let go right around the time her de-committed (late Jan).
3. Owens may have looked at our LB depth chart and decided his best chance to see the field was at a school like FIU.
4. Mario Cristobal is slowly building the FIU program with Florida talent, which went 7-5 last season (OK, it was a Rutgers-esque schedule), including an appearance in the Beef O'Brady's Bowl.

I can think of a couple of reasons:

1. Owens is from Palatka, Fla (south of Jacksonville).
2. Owens' position coach and probably his primary recruiter (Dan Conley) was let go right around the time her de-committed (late Jan).
3. Owens may have looked at our LB depth chart and decided his best chance to see the field was at a school like FIU.
4. Mario Cristobal is slowly building the FIU program with Florida talent, which went 7-5 last season (OK, it was a Rutgers-esque schedule), including an appearance in the Beef O'Brady's Bowl.

Pretty sure Conley was let go well after he decommitted ... but honestly if the home thing was a factor why even bother looking at the Cuse ... but I would agree with the regional and playing time aspects of your reasoning. But the fact is they are not a BCS school .. and their only claim to fame is brawling with the U. Somehow I see Cristobal as a risk .. someone is going to snatch him up real soon is my guess. Especially if he has another good season.

Somehow I see Cristobal as a risk .. someone is going to snatch him up real soon is my guess. Especially if he has another good season.

Agreed. If Golden falters at Miami for a couple seasons or if Holtz leaves USF for greener pastures, Cristobal is on deck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom