Home workouts. What are you doing? | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Home workouts. What are you doing?

I’ll be doing the Murph a week from Monday as I do every Memorial Day. Will be curious how it goes, I typically do a ton of pull-ups, but haven’t done one in 90 days. Pushups should be fine, I do well over 700 air squats per week. Running is always the key. I’m down 25 lbs in the last 3 months so I’m hoping that gives me some advantage on the pull-ups given that it will be lower than I am used to weight wise even with the vest.

I hadn't heard of The Murph Challenge 2020 before. Looks like a cool challenge. Are you doing it with a 20 lb vest?

Did 9 miles today, running probably around 65% of the time. Certainly wasn’t planned as I’m not really a long distance runner but it was beautiful out and just kept going. First sunburn of the year... that’s how i know summer is near

I hadn't heard of The Murph Challenge 2020 before. Looks like a cool challenge. Are you doing it with a 20 lb vest?
Yes on the vest. I don’t always do it with the vest but I try to on Memorial Day. Usually do the workout 3-4 times a year. Without the vest is still no picnic so if you don’t have one I would t worry about it.

Also did some towel pull-ups this week. 5x5. You want to fry your grip, try those. Couldn’t even do one next day.

I'm getting a popup banner on the bottom of the page that says, and I kid you not, Why Jesus Never Exercised.
Not exactly sure what I've searched for in my life that would make that one show up.

View attachment 181263

Delivered last night...

Changing my handle to Dolomite 'cause

Dolomite is my name
FF'n up M'F'ers is my game..
Oh baby, first workout yesterday...

1 Min Jumping rope
Push ups
2 Min round on Heavy Bag
Core
2 Min round on Heavy Bag

Lather, Rinse, Repeat...

10 Sets...

Killer..

We need a portable Octagon for the Fine Mess Tailgate...

Let the Blues and Reds have at each other...

I’ll be doing the Murph a week from Monday as I do every Memorial Day. Will be curious how it goes, I typically do a ton of pull-ups, but haven’t done one in 90 days. Pushups should be fine, I do well over 700 air squats per week. Running is always the key. I’m down 25 lbs in the last 3 months so I’m hoping that gives me some advantage on the pull-ups given that it will be lower than I am used to weight wise even with the vest.
CrossFit opened up today. It wasn’t Bad but I will pass on Murph this year

CrossFit opened up today. It wasn’t Bad but I will pass on Murph this year
Interesting to see all the different workouts people do.

I had never even heard of the Murph.

Thomas Delauer has a ton of YouTube videos on fasting. He goes way overboard on food but the guy had like a 5% body fat mass and lives in SoCal.

Essentially if you are younger. Fast almost daily for 18 hours. Older than 45-50...go 3-4 times a week for closer to 20 hours. The longer the better.

I try to fast going into my heavy workout day. Stop eating by 7pm Try to eat again at 3pm. Really anything over 18 hours is beneficial. Hardest part is not to gorge out coming off the fast. I usually work out around 1-2:30pm and eat afterwards.

Once work starts again if you are a office type worker...skip breakfast and take a late lunch will help. The whole key is stop eating after dinner.

Keep your fluids to water, black coffee or unsweetened tea during the fast.
I do a variation of this when I want/need to lose some weight.

Mon-Fri: Cheerios in the AM; Salad with only veggies (no meat at all for lunch); no dinner; drink nothing but one coffee with a little half n half in the AM and nothing but water rest of the day. So, I end up fasting from noon or 1 PM to 7-8 AM the next Morning. That is 18-19 hours.

Depending upon how quickly I want to shed the weight, I can extend into weekend. That sucks, tbh.

If I am not on accelerated plan, Saturday is my eat-what-I-want-day and I allow myself 1 8 oz Diet Coke and can have alcohol and dessert.

Sunday, I will eat what I want but drink nothing but water and no dessert.

Depending upon how intense my workout is, I can lose up to 2.25-2.5 lbs per day.

On interval day or Fitness/MMA day, I would say that losing 1.5 to 2 lbs is average.

On a less intense day, like yoga day, the loss is between 0.5 & 1.0 lbs.

I've lost 20lbs... really tough to get the last 10 due to life...

I just won the lottery to purchase these. They should show up in 2 weeks. It took 4 tries. They are coming north with me in a few weeks. Will be nice to have them at the camp...or as Cuseregular and I refer to them, our labor camp.

I've lost 20lbs... really tough to get the last 10 due to life...

I just won the lottery to purchase these. They should show up in 2 weeks. It took 4 tries. They are coming north with me in a few weeks. Will be nice to have them at the camp...or as Cuseregular and I refer to them, our labor camp.

I give credit to anyone losing weight right now. My appetite is an an all time high and motivation low.

It’s for insane people. CFErs train for it.
It’s not as bad as it seems. But you have to do that type of training. A lot of people who don’t tend to do it once a year and struggle, even in many cases to a very dangerous level.

I give credit to anyone losing weight right now. My appetite is an an all time high and motivation low.

The only thing that has saved me is I have to find some ways to use my time so might as well exercise.

Last edited:
It’s not as bad as it seems. But you have to do that type of training. A lot of people who don’t tend to do it once a year and struggle, even in many cases to a very dangerous level.
I mean I do CF 5 plus days a week. I don’t even try it. Almost everyone is down for a week or gets rhabdo

I mean I do CF 5 plus days a week. I don’t even try it. Almost everyone is down for a week or gets rhabdo

that’s what I meant by a dangerous level. I’ve always taken the day before and after off, but other than some soreness I’ve been good to get back at it.

organizing a group workout in my neighborhood this weekend. going to do this one to provide some meaning. All participants will donate to a charity of their choice provided it benefits a group working towards racial equality.

today I did a fun walk/run for any of you non runners who want to mix it in. Fartlek is Swedish for speed play.

15 second run 45 second walk times 5
30 second run 30 second walk time 5
45 second run 15 second walk times 5

repeat that 3 times. We covered 4.8 miles in 45 minutes. So a good mix for those who struggle with distance for whatever reason. Add in the 100% humidity this morning and it was a sweaty one.